Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Enhancment respec cost??

With the new enhancment pass i changed a few toons several times and eventually the cost was around 140k to make the next change. Over time this cost should come down but is there a link to what that time frame is?? I wanted to adjust a few of these several weeks later and the cost has not gone down.

As a side i noticed you can change seperate lines at a reduced cost....but I assume these costs will go up as wel...and possibly not reduce?

If there a wiki page that explains this, please lik it as my "search fu " is not strong...lol

Community Member

The costs are ridiculous. They seem to be dropping, but they drop really really really slowly. My last respec was about 100k just a few days after the expansion, and now it has dropped to 50k, in what, almost 3 weeks? That's just unacceptable.

Sure, the high cost for constant swapping might be reasonable for a toon that was leveled up from level 1 with enhancements picked with levels, but with the sweeping changes, there should really be a big discount in the respec changes, and especially, a reasonable cap in the cost. My level 4 char paid something like 160 gold for a respec, you sell (to shop) one item of that level and it's covered. Epic toon paying 100k means, I have to sell what, 40-80 epic items to cover the change.

The enhancement trees are mostly awesome, and it would be fun to fool around and test different things, instead of just planning planning and planning them to make sure every point is accounted for _before_ doing the reset. With current costs that is just not feasible. Especially for an altoholic like me.

Community Member

Don't even get me started on this. So far my Monk has spent over 500,000 plat.

The last respec cost me 219,000 plat.

One of my respecs was by choice, the rest were because it bugged and didn't apply some of the points spent and didn't leave me with enough to re-take them.

sometimes its the littlest things that matter to people. a brand new enhancement system with no reduced costs or at least a couple free respecs trying to get your build right not knowing if it will work the way you like or not know about how some enhancements aren't working properly. its almost like they were hoping we would spend more AS on respecs instead of plat. I don't see the harm in costs dropping back to normal after 3 days. free respecs or at least a very low cost the first couple weeks would have gone a long way.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    sometimes its the littlest things that matter to people. a brand new enhancement system with no reduced costs or at least a couple free respecs trying to get your build right not knowing if it will work the way you like or not know about how some enhancements aren't working properly. its almost like they were hoping we would spend more AS on respecs instead of plat. I don't see the harm in costs dropping back to normal after 3 days. free respecs or at least a very low cost the first couple weeks would have gone a long way.
    They should have had free respecs in place when they released the update. Now many people have spent literally all their plat doing respecs that weren't even their fault, but the fault of the new buggy or unclear enhancement system. I really don't understand Turbine - they supposedly introduced this new system to help players, then they don't account for the bugginess (which any player could have predicted) and end up harming the players more by draining off all of their plat. And I guarantee that new / casual players are affected more than the hardcore / experienced players who are either dripping in plat or knew the issues with the system from the forums, etc.

So ultimately this system ends up hurting the new / casual player that it was designed to help. O.o

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Releasing it with 0 cost to respec should have been automatic. It's new and people needed time to adjust, even if that 0 cost to respec for only planned to be for the first month.

As soon as the bugs became known, dropping the respec cost to 0 until at there's a patch that fixes all of the bugs in it should have been a no-brainer.

Right now, people are spending resources to respec around bugs. Makes no sense, earns Turbine nothing and just upsets players who now feel they are hard done by.