Community Member

Default silver flame ship buff and silver flame necklace bugged or wai?

The protection from evil buff from ship buffs and silver flame necklace does not stop command/greater command. Only the spell protection from evil or circle of protection prevents command and greater command.

Community Member

Default Unfortunately Bugged

From the DDOWiki:

Silver Flame Talisman:
    Quote Originally Posted by DDOWiki
    Bug: Protection from Evil effect on this item is bugged and does nothing. It does not report in the combat log like the Fragment of the Silver Flame does and all testing shows that it is broken.
    Silver Flame Ship Buff:
    Casts Silver Flame Purity (Claims Protection from Evil effect, but has no real effect - bugged.)
    And just for good measure, in case Protection from Evil wasn't borked enough:

Protection From Evil (Spell):
    This spell may be bugged at Epic level. Testing on Epic Normal reveals that it does not prevent Greater Command (even when cast by creatures known to be of Evil alignment).
    So it really doesn't look good.

Community Member

thanks for info.

Founder

Yep, yet another example of a bug that has been around forever. And also another example of Turbine leaving things in the game for you to spend plat on that don't work. If they aren't going to fix the bug they should remove the trinkets so people don't get useless rewards or spend plat on them. They should remove the ship buff (I sincerely hope they aren't selling a useless buff in the Store...)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Yep, yet another example of a bug that has been around forever. And also another example of Turbine leaving things in the game for you to spend plat on that don't work. If they aren't going to fix the bug they should remove the trinkets so people don't get useless rewards or spend plat on them. They should remove the ship buff (I sincerely hope they aren't selling a useless buff in the Store...)
    Pretty much.

So Turbine, when can I expect our refund from your broken code, since you have been stealing off us for years?

I'll take it in Turbine Points, please.

Either remove the broken, thieving stuff from your vendor, or make with the refund - now.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    Either remove the broken, thieving stuff from your vendor, or make with the refund - now.
    Or just fix it.

Some people will complain about the producer post that the next update only has a couple of quest in it. Actually, scratch that, some people will still complain even if the next update comes with infinite TP and a Ferrari.

But I have absolutely no problems if the next few updates contain nothing but bug fixes and quality of life fixes.

Fix bugs like Protection from Evil.

Give us back a proper variety of random lootgen.

Update the abandoned and forgotten Cannith Crafting to remove duplicate recipes and add in the missing recipes - if it's random lootgen then I should be able to craft it. Extend it so these effects can eventually be put on Flexible shards. Let me add a cannith crafted slot to any random lootgen without having to deconstruct it first.

Give us more inventory and bank space or Epic TRing will be an epic fail now that we have gear all the way up to 28. Charge TP for it. We'll pay.

Give us a proper detailed character sheet so I can see what my sneak damage is, my doubleshot chance, my spell critical chance, my offhand attack chance - let me mouse over a stat or skill or any other number for that matter and give me a detailed breakdown of exactly what items, feats, enhancements, destinies are contributing to these numbers (not just aggregate numbers like we currently have for some).

If we're going to have a hiatus before the next raid, then let's maximise the number of bug fixes and update the many existing systems that are people accuse Turbine of abandoning whenever the next new shiny toy comes along.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Or just fix it.

Some people will complain about the producer post that the next update only has a couple of quest in it. Actually, scratch that, some people will still complain even if the next update comes with infinite TP and a Ferrari.

But I have absolutely no problems if the next few updates contain nothing but bug fixes and quality of life fixes.

Fix bugs like Protection from Evil.

Give us back a proper variety of random lootgen.

Update the abandoned and forgotten Cannith Crafting to remove duplicate recipes and add in the missing recipes - if it's random lootgen then I should be able to craft it. Extend it so these effects can eventually be put on Flexible shards. Let me add a cannith crafted slot to any random lootgen without having to deconstruct it first.

Give us more inventory and bank space or Epic TRing will be an epic fail now that we have gear all the way up to 28. Charge TP for it. We'll pay.

Give us a proper detailed character sheet so I can see what my sneak damage is, my doubleshot chance, my spell critical chance, my offhand attack chance - let me mouse over a stat or skill or any other number for that matter and give me a detailed breakdown of exactly what items, feats, enhancements, destinies are contributing to these numbers (not just aggregate numbers like we currently have for some).

If we're going to have a hiatus before the next raid, then let's maximise the number of bug fixes and update the many existing systems that are people accuse Turbine of abandoning whenever the next new shiny toy comes along.
    Sure, some fixes would be nice. Not holding out hope; didn't they already promise us quality of life fixes?

My lives are still very, very, very full of bugs.

It seems to me it'd be easy for them to go back and just turn off the vendor for things like this, where it is obvious they are just stealing from all of us continuously. TURN IT OFF.

Here's another suggestion, Turbine Devs: If you make something, try, once in a billion years, NOT leaving it half-finished, and try, once in a billion years, to go back and fix a couple of bugs, before you go adding in new stuff that will once again be half-finished, broken, and will not get fixed for a billion years.

Some of us don't have a billion years to waste.

What's funny is the protection from evil on Fragment of the Silver Flame (Church and the Cult trinket) works correctly, or did last time I tested it. It's not like they didn't implement it correctly at least once, but 99% of the PfE effects seem to have been copied/pasted from the same broken implementation instead of the one that works.