Default Black Friday sale

Since the legendary upgrade is also on sale is there any chance that those of us who didn't buy it before will have a chance to buy it on sale now?

Community Member

Default sorry for hi-jacking, but...

I'm gonna buy both expansions Standard editions now, taking advantage of the Black Friday sales,
    and i was wondering how good the Owlbear Defender is (permanent hireling that comes with the Legendary Upgrade to the SC), cause i'm not very interested in the other features of the upgrade except for the +3 skill tomes per char.

Note that with the current sales, the cost for me for both SC and MotU will be $32.48, and the Legendary Upgrade alone will cost $24.99
    So i don't think it's relatively worth the money, does anyone think s/he can change my mind and purchase it?
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Quote Originally Posted by WargamerIV View Post
    Since the legendary upgrade is also on sale is there any chance that those of us who didn't buy it before will have a chance to buy it on sale now?
    absolutely, i wondered that myself and actually called turbine yesterday to make sure. the customer service rep i got was very helpful and set me up in seconds. i was able to upgrade to legendary and then also got the TP upgrade, which is a bit pricey but it's the same amount as the double point sale and you get like 3k more points with it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WargamerIV View Post
    You get the option to add it to your shopping cart when you add a Shadowfail edition in the cart.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grecan View Post
    I'm gonna buy both expansions Standard editions now, taking advantage of the Black Friday sales,
    and i was wondering how good the Owlbear Defender is (permanent hireling that comes with the Legendary Upgrade to the SC), cause i'm not very interested in the other features of the upgrade except for the +3 skill tomes per char.

Note that with the current sales, the cost for me for both SC and MotU will be $32.48, and the Legendary Upgrade alone will cost $24.99
    So i don't think it's relatively worth the money, does anyone think s/he can change my mind and purchase it?
    this is a mindlfayer this is you !

q -- mindblast ------- -- o
    |\ ---------------------- /|\
    | | ---------------------- /\

buy expansion pack !!
    --

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bartosy View Post
    this is a mindlfayer this is you !

q -- mindblast ------- -- o
    |\ ---------------------- /|\
    | | ---------------------- /\

buy expansion pack !!
    --
    lol, nice drawing!

Ofc i'm gonna buy both expansions very soon, my question was for the Legendary Upgrade (to SC) and the Owlbear Defender... i still haven't decided, every half hour i'm changing my mind

http://youtu.be/ufERJEdcfAY
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Well, I pre-ordered the expansion and got the upgrade. If the only thing you want from it is the owlbear, then I'd say it isn't worth the money. It doesn't do much damage, and has trouble holding aggro. Plus, due to its size, it has a bit more trouble getting around than the typical hireling. It serves as a decent lever puller, etc, if you don't have any other perm gold seals tho. In general, even when I am alone or two-manning a quest, I don't bother to summon it.

I actually find the perm level 3 cleric from the starter pack thing they did much more useful - you can use it over a greater level range, it can do some healing (bearing in mind it is level 3, won't last long in a fight at higher levels), and it has divine vit. If nothing else, you can pop it as a free mana pot every 5m. Though the cleric is just a single bta contract (instead of one per character), and has ML of 3 instead of 1.

That said, if you have a lot of alts, the free skill and lesser epic exp tomes are nice. That was my motivation for getting the upgrade.

and i was wondering how good the Owlbear Defender is (permanent hireling that comes with the Legendary Upgrade to the SC)
    owl bear is stupid.. it is quite tanky.. but not nearly enough for ee.. or even eh end game content..

it get stuck everywhere.. it is suppose to be a tank, but rarely do anything desire to attack it..

the dps output of owlbear suck so badly that even a level 20 free hireling would out dps him..

p.s. i get tricked during pre order.. now? really regret buying the expansion.. the named in the second expansion suck so badly.. mostly inferior to random generated loot

IMO the Owlbear is a big giant sack of hit points that has helped me solo Breaking the ranks on EH. Much respect for the Owlbear, not for DPS, but durable and draws enough aggro to be useful damage mitigation for my characters. Admittedly it helps to buff him and throw the occasional heal on him, or mass cure on both of us. Ameliorating strike is also great to use while he's near.

Community Member

Default thank you all for your replies :)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    ~<snip>~
    No, i don't have any gold seal hirelings. And i tend to solo a lot.

Nice tip about the Starter Pack and it's lowbie cleric hire, i don't have Catacombs and might consider getting it.

Well, i have 5 character slots per server available and a dozen chars spread over various servers, but i mainly play (or rather, used to play, see my sig) on one server where my main is lvl 20 and my other chars lvl 7 or below (two serve as mules atm).
    My main goal for the purchase is to get MotU and unlock the EDs, and buying the SC expansion offers the option to buy MotU Standard edition (which includes the EDs) at half price, so that's a pretty good deal, and with the current Black Friday offer it's even better!

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    ~<snip>~
    Hmmmm, i see.

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    ~<snip>~
    Hmmm, seems i get all kinds of reactions about that Owlbear. I guess it's not very special, but doesn't absolutely suck either, it can help get things done. Would you still recommend me to spend that money on the Legendary Upgrade pack given the info i added above though?

Ameliorating strike, i learned something new... My cleric is lvl 1 though and has become a spider nest, lol
    Last edited by Grecan; 11-28-2013 at 07:29 PM.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Community Member

Well, i decided to buy SC Collector's Edition + MotU Standard Edition (btw, there was some tax added that i hadn't calculated beforehand), and not get the Legendary Upgrade.

I still haven't decided what to do with the Tomes of Learning though :/

If anyone cares to help me decide, take a look at this thread: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...es-of-Learning
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!