Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thumbs up 18B/1R/1F for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Mordantos View Post
    Okay, let's try to turn this thread positive.

I get that the current "best DPS" involves monk etc. However even with a LR20 I can't get my HO Barb there without multiple LR and alignment changes. So... What is the best DPS a Half Orc Barb can get to? Standard 18/2 Barb/Ftr? Level of Cleric? Variation of Red Sonja?
    For me - getting toward top DPS as a barb has to include the ability for furyshot - I LR'd a level of Ranger and Fighter onto my pure barb some time ago, after seeing Sithali in action, for that purpose. Coincidentally, this seems to make it a variant of Red Sonja, so I think, for a barb, that's probably the way to go.

Note of caution: I had to give up, Capstone, Toughness and Epic Toughness to fit in enough for Manyshot though (Which hurt c.100hp at the time, but, as it turned out, is no biggie now! ), and that was on a human with the extra feat, and no room for PS/IPS either, so a Horc might need to make a tough choice on a feat.

Have to say furyshot is well worth it when seeing a boss like the green dragon go down without so much as a peep! +1 to the Sith!

Okay, let's try to turn this thread positive.

I get that the current "best DPS" involves monk etc. However even with a LR20 I can't get my HO Barb there without multiple LR and alignment changes. So... What is the best DPS a Half Orc Barb can get to? Standard 18/2 Barb/Ftr? Level of Cleric? Variation of Red Sonja?
    12 Barb 4 Druid 4 Ranger? I'm not sure but I will always enjoy Fatal Harrier, even if it is a shorter duration than before.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

What is the best DPS a Half Orc Barb can get to? Standard 18/2 Barb/Ftr? Level of Cleric? Variation of Red Sonja?
    I have a feeling that all barb builds will now fall into two categories: those with Furyshot and those without. The Furyshotters will need base DEX 17, Bow STR, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, and Manyshot. A rgr splash is an obvious choice to get free Bow STR; otherwise you need to spend two feats on WF:R+Bow STR. [Added bonus: you can pick up Heal skill, +75 Pos spellpower, +100 SPs, & Magical Training from DWS & AA tree, which can power Rejuv Cocoon at epic lvls.] Presuming you want barb 18, what to do with the other level? To my mind, the obvious picks are rgr 2 (Rapid Shot+TWF), ftr 1 (extra feat & Haste Boost), druid 1 (Ram's Might, Beguile, can pick up Emp Heal), or cleric 1 (Divine Might, Emp Heal).

Community Member

Page updated

I like it. I would use both Perfect THF and Perfect TWF though.

I wont run cleric with a 6 start cha and just another clickie to mess with.

18 Barbarian/2 Druid with combined use of damage and double strike boosts (helf or human), auto-cleave attack chain and Cleaver. That's the best pure DPS you can achieve on melee barbarian.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Wow, a lot of hate for barbs here.

I think this build is good for those wanting a traditional barbarian played in the traditional style. I'd make one switch though. I'd forget power critical and take perfect two weapon fighting.

Other than that it's a really good melee DPS build, although not survivable. But hey, it's a barb. That's ok, some of us aren't powergamers.

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    Wow, a lot of hate for barbs here.
    That's partly because barbs didn't come out of U19 as well as other classes did - not with monk / kensei taking the limelight - and partly because you can't bill your build as the "True King of dps" without the math to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    That's ok, some of us aren't powergamers.
    But you should be.

Community Member

Btw no Need to insult this Build its the player who Decides how to use it properly, but well i dont use it anymore i am gonna update him soon.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pesch1991 View Post
    Btw no Need to insult this Build its the player who Decides how to use it properly, but well i dont use it anymore i am gonna update him soon.
    I disagree. You called it the king of dps. Refuting that claim is not trolling or insulting, it is pointing out you were wrong, or lying. Don't name things wrong and then get mad when people make fun.

Should I roll a pure 20 barb and call it the king of instakill? Probably not. And I'd deserve every piece of verbal (or textual, I guess) abuse that I received.

Mr. OP . . . if you named your build the "True King of DPS" expect to be called out on it.

Community Member

I'am not mad and it's only a name not a big deal i was just pointing out how good it can be trust me i have seen many people running around with copy cat builds and they died faster than a pure barbarian its the player who decides how to play it, i am just testing those builds and not everyone here is a power player i know but this build isn't bad you just have to know how to use it properly and not believe everything you see here before testing it yourself, anyway i am gonna update it since i dont play it because i have found something else which gives the barb more dps + survivability , you can consider this one a prototype or play it yourself i am not forcing you to play it.

Community Member

I used to play barbs. Then I didn't for a few years...ESOS 25 Kensai Fighter was my melee when I took a break a year ago.

I just did a barb life: Hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    That's partly because barbs didn't come out of U19 as well as other classes did - not with monk / kensei taking the limelight - and partly because you can't bill your build as the "True King of dps" without the math to back it up.
    Being non-lawful and unable to mix in a couple of Monk levels, it could never be a really good build.
    Sarlona
    Gutter-Oowaoonah-Ute-Mauhl-Rockroll-Gutsack-Talrasha

Quote Originally Posted by xberto View Post
    Being non-lawful and unable to mix in a couple of Monk levels, it could never be a really good build.
    DPS-wise, something like barb 18 / ftr 1 / cleric 1 is still pretty solid: Frenzy / Death Frenzy, Focused Wrath or Crit Rage, Haste Boost, +6 Action Boosts, Divine Might, etc. Where it falls down compared to monks is survivability: no Evasion, no Shadow Form, low Will & Reflex saves, etc. Plus a monk / kensei isn't blocked from doing things like a raging barb is (i.e., Heal scrolls, spells/SLAs, etc.); that's always been an issue for barbs, ofc, but it been exacerbated by U19 overhaul.

Community Member

Default Öl

Quote Originally Posted by xberto View Post
    So what ? Whats the Problem with being non lawful ? The best dps Build atm is a 18 barb 1 fighter 1 ranger horc with furyshot umd to use heal scrolls Dodge blurry displacement improved uncanny Dodge ghostly good saves prr and cc like ear smash lay waste adrenaline etc..its the Build i play atm and i have tested it myself and will eventually post it soon i think you are underestimating us barbarians Way too much Dude monks will Never Out dps a barbarian
    Last edited by pesch1991; 12-13-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    DPS-wise, something like barb 18 / ftr 1 / cleric 1 is still pretty solid: Frenzy / Death Frenzy, Focused Wrath or Crit Rage, Haste Boost, +6 Action Boosts, Divine Might, etc. Where it falls down compared to monks is survivability: no Evasion, no Shadow Form, low Will & Reflex saves, etc. Plus a monk / kensei isn't blocked from doing things like a raging barb is (i.e., Heal scrolls, spells/SLAs, etc.); that's always been an issue for barbs, ofc, but it been exacerbated by U19 overhaul.
    Barbarian with furyshot is the Way to go !!!

Quote Originally Posted by pesch1991 View Post
    The best dps Build atm is a 18 barb 1 fighter 1 ranger horc with furyshot
    Now you are making that claim again...duh
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Now you are making that claim again...duh
    You can read Right ? I'am not mad and it's *only a name* not a big deal i was just pointing out how good it can be trust me i have seen many people running around with copy cat builds and they died faster than a pure barbarian its the player who decides how to play it, i am just testing those builds and not everyone here is a power player i know but this build isn't bad you just have to know how to use it properly and not believe everything you see here before testing it yourself, anyway i am gonna update it since i dont play it because i have found something else which gives the barb more dps + survivability , you can consider this one a prototype or play it yourself i am not forcing you to play it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast