Community Member

Default Best possible reapeater damage?

I like using repeaters and and was wondering what ideas people have now for maximizing them.

I was considering
    8 arty, 6 fighter, 6 rogue
    Taking kensai up to Keen edge and getting what I could out of battle engineer and mechanic.
    With max int.

Any thoughts or other ideas?
    Wherever you went - here you are.

i don't understand 8 artificer, 6 will get you insightful damage and you don't really even need that if you are going to have mechanic, you would be better off with 8 rogue for improved uncanny dodge

6 Fighter will get you 7 damage, +1 crit range and +1-3 weapon bond, a solid choice for damage focus

6 rogue doesn't bring too much to repeaters (2 damage 5 to hit) and will mainly be for sneaky damage(3d6), that being said if you get aggro or solo a lot all that damage goes away

8 artificer just as good as 6 or 4 if you are taking mechanic, gains runearms and elemental weapons always nice

T5 kensai - +1 crit range, lets say you hit about 60 damage with each bolt. on a x2 weapon thats only 70ish(with seeker) extra damage every 20 hits. - 3.5 damage/hit on 0 fort

T5 Engieneer - 1d10 repeater with +0.5W. 1d5 - 3 damage/hit on 100% fort

something to consider:
    6 Ranger you will get you
    many of the ranged feats for free including manyshot (faster reload and 1 extra shot over repeater)
    rams might (+2 damage +2 str)
    AA slayer arrows +250 damage (procs on all 3 repeater shots) every 20 seconds,
    AA inferno shot 1d6 fire damage that stacks 20 times and procs each time the buff resets (60 fire damage at full stack)
    DWS sniper shot for +2 to critical range and +2 to Critical multiplier as well as bluffing enemies for your rogue levels

unfortunately almost everything else in the AA tree is useless for pure repeater but you will have it for manyshot on bows

suggested
    4 arti 10 rogue 6 fighter
    6 arti 6 ranger 8 rogue/fighter
    16 arti 4 fighter (because deadly weapons on 8 people in a raid adds up)
    16 arti 2 rogue 2 ranger/fighter
    Last edited by TheGuyYouKnow; 09-07-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    Elemo IronCast - Patorikku Yama - Happyfruit Wardancer - Toysoldier - Wookiee ~Ghallanda~

Community Member

Well a little testing showed me that I need 8 fighter to get 'Keen Edge."

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuyYouKnow View Post
    6 Fighter will get you 7 damage, +1 crit range and +1-3 weapon bond
    No, Keen Edge has GWF as a prereq, so you need fighter 8.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzorco View Post
    No, Keen Edge has GWF as a prereq, so you need fighter 8.
    ah good catch
    Elemo IronCast - Patorikku Yama - Happyfruit Wardancer - Toysoldier - Wookiee ~Ghallanda~

Quote Originally Posted by Dartwick View Post
    I like using repeaters and and was wondering what ideas people have now for maximizing them.

Any thoughts or other ideas?
    I have not toyed with the idea myself but

I would think 6 Arti 6 Ranger 8 Fighter

8 fighter would give you Keen edge

with 6 Arti and 6 Ranger you can easily get Improved Precise Shot in your free and bonus feats.

something that hasn't been touched on here is Past life Ranger x3 is going to give you +6 damage on each bolt before multipliers

This for a TR?

If you're passing through I'd go Ranger / Rogue / Arti 6 each. Fusilade is pretty handy leveling in heroic, the extra sneak damage will be beneficial esp. if you can swat something with a CC-bow (radiance, earthgrab, something). You can swap out the last 2 levels based on the past life you want to achieve (heck you could use the same model for 3 lives).
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

For me its mainly iconic builds - but Im interested in any thoughts on maxing repeaters from any perspective.

I messed around with Ranger builds yesterday - Im not all that impressed assuming you plan to only use a crossbow. The best values of the ranger line are for use with real bows.
    Advanced Archery Stance is not much better than regular archers stance in practice except in placed like the shroud.
    The 2 damage points from Rams might are nice but that basically a trade off against other enhancement trees that also offer 2 or 3 damage.
    Thrill of the Hunt and Killer are ok but not exactly great.

Of course its possible I totally missed some aspect of rangers but it seems to me the class is mainly for people who either want the uutility or people who will use a bow at least part of the time.

Of course its possible I totally missed some aspect of rangers but it seems to me the class is mainly for people who either want the uutility or people who will use a bow at least part of the time.
    for my arti ranger rogue its the bluff from DWS sniper shot, you don't need to invest much to get it and its amazing.
    the sneak attack and the massive burst of damage when you manyshot every few mins is awesome
    i guess it just depends if you count sneak damage as reliable, your just not going to be able to beat that +40~ sneak damage on a repeater

if you are only looking for the highest base damage possible then WF 16 arti 4 fighter would probably be it

remember: ranger pl gives +2 to all ranged damage stacking 3 times and paladin pl feat will give +3 attack and damage

Community Member

There are definitely different versions of damage profiles. Big crits, sustained damage, sneak attack, special attacks, etc.

This is my Warforged 16Artificer/4Ranger in Shadowdancer Epic Destiny with a 42 Intelligence and using Needle. I twisted in Reign for 11d20 sonic and 11d20 electric on a 20.

I have also had fun playing around in Fury of the Wild for Adrenaline + Unbridled Fury + Endless Fusilade for some big numbers. Shadowdancer is my main functional epic destiny.