Default Dragonmark of Passage Teleport list

I happily just got the 3rd upgrade to my dragonmark of passage feat and I noticed that the list of places I can go is shorted than is for the regular teleport. The teleport option to go to the crafting hall in particular is missing, one that I would think is a lot more useful than the pharlian archmages option (considering the portable hole being available).

Why is that? Is it an oversight or a conscious decision?

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Yeah, I dunno. They halfass and gimp so many things in mind-blowing ways that I often want to go off on Turbine like Joe Pesce on drive-throughs.

Community Member

I had noticed that, too, but I figured I was coming out ahead since my dragon-marked characters would not have had Teleport with the old enhancement system. So, I just figured being able to teleport anywhere was an improvement over not having teleport at all, but it would be nice if they would just re-use existing code to a greater extent rather than working hard to nerf things in different variations.
    Sarlona: Acaat || Ahchuykak || Anaiadeia || Atlacoya || Camalos || Coyopa || Gwylelwiel || Imahidden || Kisin || Pukuh || Temporarily

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

I tried it on Lammania and was disappointed in the list of available destinations.

Is it possible this just hasn't been updated in years?

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    I tried it on Lammania and was disappointed in the list of available destinations.

This is the answer.
    This "bug" has been affecting dragonmark of passage forever, since it's a copy of the teleport spell... but not the actual teleport spell. So it's missing the latest added destinations
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post

That was my assumption as well when I first saw the terrible teleport list. The only good news is that meridia is on the list even though it is not on the regular teleport list. I too was particularly disappointed at the absence of a teleport to the crafting hall (and even the harbor is missing though that is less important).

One of the big things I did not like is that instead of getting a menu like with regular teleport there is a separate button for each place. This means you need to dedicate most of a bar to all the travel options if you want them all hot keyed. Even worse, pushing teleport does not result in a menu but rather teleports you immediately. If you accidently hit one of your teleport hotkeys in the middle of a dungeon you will instantly be taken out to the dungeon with no way to stop yourself. One misclick will result in a 20% reentry penalty for you and an additional 10% reentry penalty for you and everyone else in the party.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    That was my assumption as well when I first saw the terrible teleport list. The only good news is that meridia is on the list even though it is not on the regular teleport list. I too was particularly disappointed at the absence of a teleport to the crafting hall (and even the harbor is missing though that is less important).
    There was a time when the teleport spell had the same list of destinations as the Dragonmark. Not sure which update added destinations to the teleport spell, but they left out the mark. Classic Turbine halfarsery.

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    One of the big things I did not like is that instead of getting a menu like with regular teleport there is a separate button for each place. This means you need to dedicate most of a bar to all the travel options if you want them all hot keyed. Even worse, pushing teleport does not result in a menu but rather teleports you immediately. If you accidently hit one of your teleport hotkeys in the middle of a dungeon you will instantly be taken out to the dungeon with no way to stop yourself. One misclick will result in a 20% reentry penalty for you and an additional 10% reentry penalty for you and everyone else in the party.
    The original hot bar has these little up/down selector buttons, they function much like changing channels on the television. Go up or down to an empty hot bar and populate it with your teleports; now you neither waste screen real-estate with an extra bar nor risk accidentally ejecting your self from a quest; in the event you need an emergency teleport it's still jus two clicks away, as if it had the menu you miss.

You're welcome
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    ...one that I would think is a lot more useful than the pharlian archmages option (considering the portable hole being available).
    Lol, House P is my most often used teleport destination. Afaik it's the closest one to a guild ship portal.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Lol, House P is my most often used teleport destination. Afaik it's the closest one to a guild ship portal.
    House K/The bank is *very* close as well! *imo*! *ymmv*! :P! ! Cheers!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Quote Originally Posted by whereispowderedsilve View Post
    House K/The bank is *very* close as well! *imo*! *ymmv*! :P! ! Cheers!
    Close, but depending on your load times, it might be longer than teleporting to a no-loading zone like market, house P or harbor.

@erethizon : Meridia is on the regular teleport spell list.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Yeah, House P is the airship destination of choice since it's both a) close and b) has one fewer loading screen than the other options.

Really, the only three locations I need are House P, the Crafting Hall, and the Portable Hole. Those three locations alone would make teleport worthwhile for me. Sadly, the greater dragonmark is missing one, so that's a fail.

This has been pointed out before but the devs never even respond.

It has been bugged ever since the new destinations were added to teleport but not to the dragonmark. It has been bug reported my many people including me back since they did it, but no fix...

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    This is the answer.
    This "bug" has been affecting dragonmark of passage forever, since it's a copy of the teleport spell... but not the actual teleport spell. So it's missing the latest added destinations
    That's exactly the assumption I made, that it was either a copy of the spell from long ago, or just the same spell mechanic using a destination list from way back when this was the then current "state" of the teleport spell too, and has just persisted through many updates.

Community Member

I think it's worth noting that the way the Dragonmark works now, Human characters can Teleport around at lower levels.

That's kinda handy, especially if you're starting on a fresh server.

Quote Originally Posted by JollySwagMan View Post
    I think it's worth noting that the way the Dragonmark works now, Human characters can Teleport around at lower levels.

That's kinda handy, especially if you're starting on a fresh server.
    I'm finding it very handy! I'm using a bar that remains hidden behind my main hotbar so its not cluttering up my tiny laptop screen, and I'm not clicking it by mistake. This combined with having the lesser dragonmark for DDoor without having to use up feats makes it a win for me.

I'd agree that having a crafting hall destination would be the icing on the cake.

Speaking of cake ... *sneaks off to the kitchen*

Community Member

I always have Cannith as my bind point, so even on my old Arcane lives with TP, I'd still just go to the nearest bar, /death, and then the crafting hall/teleporter/mail/auctioneer/everything but Ship access are right there. Assuming I didn't have fresh Guild buffs, of course.

Even then, House P is relatively close to the teleporter, so House P -> House C -> Crafting hall isn't that long a walk, the Hall is just across from the TP in House C.

Also, the Harbor is very useful - its your destination for IQ, and also the closest linear distance to a Teleporter (assuming load times aren't an issue)

I do wish they'd update the Teleport list, though. Change the crafting hall to Cannith, not Kundarak.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Change the crafting hall to Cannith, not Kundarak.
    No way; the crafting hall is a handy destination for the guild vendors.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I do wish they'd update the Teleport list, though. Change the crafting hall to Cannith, not Kundarak.
    I have to agree with this or at the very least add a teleport spell for House C. Currently House K has two teleports to it (if you include the crafting hall) and House C has zero.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist