Community Member

Default LRing into Artificer not possible?

So, I just ate that free +20 heart to LR into something else. I wanted to go 2 artificer on this next build, but the option is greyed out on the selection screen. What gives?

My alignment is Lawful Neutral and I was a monk / ranger / rogue splash before I used the heart. Wasn't this heart supposed to let you freely change classes since it is +20?

Have you unlocked artificer?

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Also if you tried to start as artificer that would give you 4 classes which isn't allowed you would have to work through the LR until you were back down to 2 classes before adding artie

Community Member

I do have artificer, unlocked Uska.

So, how should I proceed if I want artificer? Should I just start as either monk or ranger, and later select artificer? Or is it not possible?

To be more precise, my last build was 12 monk / 6 ranger / 2 rogue.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir_Lorengard View Post
    I do have artificer, unlocked Uska.

So, how should I proceed if I want artificer? Should I just start as either monk or ranger, and later select artificer? Or is it not possible?

To be more precise, my last build was 12 monk / 6 ranger / 2 rogue.
    What order did you take the levels in? That is what is most important in figuring out what you need to do to work the levels in. (If for some reason you took the 2 rogue levels at 19 and 20 it won't even be possible to change them and make a monk/ranger/artificer)

You would have to LR using class changes until you eliminated one of your classes and then you could add Artie which bites since that means you lose out on some skill points

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    What order did you take the levels in? That is what is most important in figuring out what you need to do to work the levels in. (If for some reason you took the 2 rogue levels at 19 and 20 it won't even be possible to change them and make a monk/ranger/artificer)
    This may be a problem - I dont remember the order. I'm fairly sure I did take the 1st level as a rogue, though, and I most likely took the last level as a rogue as well. The ranger and monk order I have no idea.

So 1st and last are rogue levels, the rest is a mix of monk and ranger.

Is it possible to fix this mess?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    You would have to LR using class changes until you eliminated one of your classes and then you could add Artie which bites since that means you lose out on some skill points
    So, Ideally, I would have to use a +2 LR heart to remove the rogue levels and turn them into ranger or monk, and then LR the new ranger / monk into a ranger / monk / artificer? My god, this LR business is a mess...

Edit: Wait... I think I get it. Suppose my first 2 levels were rogue. If I went monk and monk on those new, first 2 levels, that would overwrite completely the rogue levels and I would then be able to pick a 3rd class on level 3. Is that how it works?

If so... I am, indeed, screwed. I'm almost sure I went rogue on lvl 20.

Edit 2: Oh I'm screwed either way, I would need arty on level 1 to unlock trap stuff. Thanks for the help, anyway.
    Last edited by Fenrir_Lorengard; 09-07-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

This may be a problem - I dont remember the order. I'm fairly sure I did take the 1st level as a rogue, though, and I most likely took the last level as a rogue as well. The ranger and monk order I have no idea.

If the last level is one of the 2 you want to get rid of I don't think that is doable with just the +20 heart. You could change the first rogue level to either monk or ranger and then keep going with monk/ranger levels from there but when you got to level 19 and tried to take an artificer level it will see that you still have a rogue level at 20 and say you have to many classes.

If your wrong about the order and took the 2nd rogue level sooner then it's possible. You would overwrite the rogue levels with either monk or ranger and then once the rogue levels are gone you can take your artificer levels.

Community Member

Then unfortunately your plan will not work - that last level locks rogue in your build until level 20, so to get arti you'll need to either: drop ranger or monk, like, completely*; or downgrade to only 1 level artificer (and that 1 level arti would be the 20th, which would be really bad**).

*and depending on when you took the last levels of ranger/monk you could still end up with only a couple arti levels.
    eg. if your 18-19-20 were monk-ranger-rogue, respectively, you'd get 3 arti level tops, and that's if you dropped monk.

** though then following up with a +1 LR to get arti at first level would fix it.

Community Member

Swap some level choices around.. You started as a rogue previously? Start as a rogue again and get the trap skills or whatever. Now set up your build so you take a ranger level when you would want to take your second arti level (lets say this is at level 2 here, which you cannot fit in during this LR, but can in the next one) and ignore that ranger level when planning your final build. Going for a 2 arti, 12 ranger 6 monk? Then once this +20 LR is done you will have to start 1 rogue, take 13 ranger levels and 6 monk levels. Now you just wait a few days until you can use a +2 or 3 or whatever heart they have.. you swap that first Rogue level for an arti one, then swap the ranger level taken at 2 (or whatever your choice was to maximize skillpoints) for a second arti level. Not the simplest of ways to do it, but it can be done. Just be sure and write down when you take what levels and plan it out properly.