Community Member

Default Need help with my PC and getting connected to DDO

I have been trying, over the last week, to figure out what the problem my PC has connecting to DDO. I am currently running a AMD 6 Core, with 8Gig Ram, and a NVIDIA GeForce 430 Video Card with Windows7. I am running through a High speed cable modem. 2 other computers can connect to ddo, this one can't.

I have tried downloading High and low res DDO, Clean Boot, Total uninstall and reinstall, replacing the .net 1.1, /purgedns, TurbineRegistergdf.app, everything but sacrificing a baby to the server gods. (and almost thinking about that.) I have copied old files from other computers that can connect, and even tried a system restore. I was online when the server crisis hit last week and was TRYING to purchase something from the DDO store.

if anyone has been through this and knows the answer, PLEASE let me know.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Larenmun View Post
    I have been trying, over the last week, to figure out what the problem my PC has connecting to DDO. I am currently running a AMD 6 Core, with 8Gig Ram, and a NVIDIA GeForce 430 Video Card with Windows7. I am running through a High speed cable modem. 2 other computers can connect to ddo, this one can't.

I have tried downloading High and low res DDO, Clean Boot, Total uninstall and reinstall, replacing the .net 1.1, /purgedns, TurbineRegistergdf.app, everything but sacrificing a baby to the server gods. (and almost thinking about that.) I have copied old files from other computers that can connect, and even tried a system restore. I was online when the server crisis hit last week and was TRYING to purchase something from the DDO store.

I've tried everything that you just said and when I log into the game nothing but after a while I started rubberbanding all over constantly and have latency over 1,200.

Community Member

Just a bump here, but I also just downloaded LOTRO, launchers (for both DDO and LOTRO) say "Getting in line to connect" and then the launcher disappears. Awesomeium.exe never shows up. My kids thinks it is the launcher crashing out. I have run this with and without my kaperski running (ran fine with it before.)

I know this is not Turbine's fault, but I am asking for ANYONE's help with this, and anything I might be missing/overlooking.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

random idea..

remove all of DDO items from the firewall, including awesome.

Then launch. Windows may have been dumb and decided to block it after the launcher got updated along with the game so they are now being blocked.

Just a bump here, but I also just downloaded LOTRO, launchers (for both DDO and LOTRO) say "Getting in line to connect" and then the launcher disappears. Awesomeium.exe never shows up. My kids thinks it is the launcher crashing out. I have run this with and without my kaperski running (ran fine with it before.)

I know this is not Turbine's fault, but I am asking for ANYONE's help with this, and anything I might be missing/overlooking.
    just5 now happened too me never seen this before .. ^&^& it, im sick of this **** any way
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    random idea..

remove all of DDO items from the firewall, including awesome.

Then launch. Windows may have been dumb and decided to block it after the launcher got updated along with the game so they are now being blocked.
    So I went into Norton firewall setting and it has turbine launcher set at auto, so I put it at allow, and im still getting the same thing?
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    So I went into Norton firewall setting and it has turbine launcher set at auto, so I put it at allow, and im still getting the same thing?
    I haven't delt with that lagware since the 90s so I won't be much help there. Typically I just remove and let/pray it is smart enough that when it sees a "new program" request access it asks the user for permission.

I also figured it was a long shot but something to try.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I haven't delt with that lagware since the 90s so I won't be much help there. Typically I just remove and let/pray it is smart enough that when it sees a "new program" request access it asks the user for permission.

I also figured it was a long shot but something to try.
    Just an update, reinstalled using happy cloud. Worked great for a week, now getting booted out every 15 minutes.