Default QMX: sell us the otto's stone without the box please.

Put them up for 2500 tp. I'd buy several at that rate even though I won't touch the otto's box as a whole. There is just too much stuff in the box I don't want/need.

thanks for listening.
    /sigh

I'd buy a few.
    Orien~
    Zents - FvS | Raylok - Bard | Parchy - Barbarian | Zentz - Rogue

Community Member

Yeah c'mon turbine, think of your yearly bonii, when management sees how many standalone stones you sell!

If the only thing of value is the stone, its worth more than ~1/2 of what you pay for the box. Im thinking something like 4kish.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    If the only thing of value is the stone, its worth more than ~1/2 of what you pay for the box. Im thinking something like 4kish.
    My first thought is, "Hey! Whose side are you on?"

But really, the rez cakes alone would cost more than 1000tp. Then you have 50% pots and the astral shards/companion critters. Something else too. The stuff beside the stone is going to add up to more than 2500.

If I had any thought that the stone alone was WORTH 4000tp I'd buy a ton of these because that would make it a smoking deal. But its not and the box is just an okay package. Kind of like a popcorn and drink combo at the movies. When you add up all the pieces you realize it not actually a bargain, just a way to simplify ordering and get you to buy more stuff because you assume that a package deal is a deal (even though in reality, its not.)
    /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post

But really, the rez cakes alone would cost more than 1000tp. Then you have 50% pots and the astral shards/companion critters. Something else too. The stuff beside the stone is going to add up to more than 2500.

If I had any thought that the stone alone was WORTH 4000tp I'd buy a ton of these because that would make it a smoking deal. But its not and the box is just an okay package. Kind of like a popcorn and drink combo at the movies. When you add up all the pieces you realize it not actually a bargain, just a way to simplify ordering and get you to buy more stuff because you assume that a package deal is a deal (even though in reality, its not.)
    A lot of people (including me) buy the otto's box just for the stone.
    So, the stone is worth 5k TP for us. You bet they aren't going to just sell it at 2.5k TP anytime soon.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Right, but we've seen a lot of requests on the forums now to sell the stone separately, which tells us that people value it much more than everything else in the box combined. People buy those boxes and THEN get a separate 50% xp potion just to use with it.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Put them up for 2500 tp. I'd buy several at that rate even though I won't touch the otto's box as a whole. There is just too much stuff in the box I don't want/need.

thanks for listening.
    the way the stones work currently only the original opener of the box can use the stone.

are you sure you want what your asking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    the way the stones work currently only the original opener of the box can use the stone.

are you sure you want what your asking for?
    Last I heard, all the newer stones are tradable and usable by whoever wants to.

If that's the case then the stones can already be bought separately in a way. The OP can go to the trade forums and offer up a 2500 TP code for a stone and see what happens. If people want to buy a 5000 TP box and keep the other goodies for 2500 TP then it shouldn't be hard at all. I personally think the box alone would be worth more than 2500 TP and agree that if they were in the store alone, there is no way they would be 2500 TP. I'd put a guess at 3500 TP at the lowest, but I'd be pleasantly surprised by anything lower than that.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

What i am reading is "turbine, please let me bypass the game"
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

i think the problem turbine will have is: exp pots cost a huge amount. if otto's stones are available, xp pots will seem not worth it

regarding bypassing the game, i think nowadays with epic levels its not as bad Pay to win wise. And even completionist i don't find that overpowered anymore. For someone who enjoys playing the game, i don't enjoy the grind, but wouldn't buy the stone. But there are times the class/race you are doing just isn't what u want anymore, or didnt turn out great, and since there are no race changes,TR'ing would be the only way out of that life. I think its a convenience / speed up item, nothing game breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    What i am reading is "turbine, please let me bypass the game"
    Can we please create a completionist without playing the game? I'd pay 12k tp.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Community Member

i think if turbine did it twice, they will do it again. only question is when.. it may never be a permanent item, but if u stock up on it, then it can be the same effect, just have to plan in advance. turbine has already let us bypass the game.