Default General vendor discounts

So, I noticed that completing certain quests and quest chains earned discounts with the general vendors (maybe others as well?) in various areas. For example: completing Waterworks got you the discount in the Harbor, and the Tangleroot/Splinterskull quests got the discount in House P.

Does anyone know or remember the quests for the other areas? I thought it might be a useful thing to know for folks who aren't in a guild and can't access those vendors in House K. (Some of my toons are in a guild, some aren't, so the resource isn't just for me.)
    Altoholic, barrel-smasher, flower-sniffer, 90% solo-er.
    Khyber: Sianys (28 Tempest), Heldre (20 Warpriest); Argonessen: Thalys (16 Ranger), Alansa (23 Mechanic); Sarlona: Liilana (28 Knight of the Chalice); Thelanis: Berda (18 Kensei/2 Eldritch Knight); Ghallanda: Rahelle (12 Wiz/2 Rogue ); Cannith: Dhia Dhuit (17 Druid)

Community Member

It's on ddowiki, but off the top of my head, Sorrowdusk for House K, and Scoundrel's Run in 3BC for House D, probably Delera's for House J.

Eh, http://ddowiki.com/page/Haggle#Reputation_Quests anyway.

Community Member

Immaterial to the OP, but worth noting for characters who might not realize - you can craft (or have someone craft you) a Charisma +X Helm of Persuasion, and pair it with a Necklace of Haggling +X. Persuasion gives you a flat +3 to Haggle, Charisma gives you +1 for every 2 points, and Haggle can give you up to +13 or 15, I forget. That's good for up to +21 Haggle, worth just a little less than the selling-price markup you get for completing the Rep Quest.

That being said, and again immaterial to the OP, but you always get the base selling price in plat (10% of base value) when you decon items in the Crafting Station, and of course you also then get Essences that have additional value (Greaters more than Lessers, naturally).

You can probably get the most plat by selling to Pawn Brokers with lots of Haggle, but deconning and selling your Greater Essences will probably beat selling to non-Pawn vendors - its just a question of convenience, how far out of your way you're willing to go to maximize your plat

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    you always get the base selling price in plat (10% of base value) when you decon items in the Crafting Station, and of course you also then get Essences that have additional value (Greaters more than Lessers, naturally).
    I did not know this. This is one hell of a tip.

Thanks!

Aes.

Frotz: Thanks for the link! Didn't know it was on the wiki.

Will definitely vouch for what droid327 said about deconstructing items. Even if you're not into crafting, others are and you can sell the Essences you're not using. For some items that you can't decon, but you can't use either, put them on AH. So long as you get more than you normally would from decon or the pawn, you're coming out ahead.
    Altoholic, barrel-smasher, flower-sniffer, 90% solo-er.
    Khyber: Sianys (28 Tempest), Heldre (20 Warpriest); Argonessen: Thalys (16 Ranger), Alansa (23 Mechanic); Sarlona: Liilana (28 Knight of the Chalice); Thelanis: Berda (18 Kensei/2 Eldritch Knight); Ghallanda: Rahelle (12 Wiz/2 Rogue ); Cannith: Dhia Dhuit (17 Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Immaterial to the OP, but worth noting for characters who might not realize - you can craft (or have someone craft you) a Charisma +X Helm of Persuasion, and pair it with a Necklace of Haggling +X. Persuasion gives you a flat +3 to Haggle, Charisma gives you +1 for every 2 points, and Haggle can give you up to +13 or 15, I forget. That's good for up to +21 Haggle, worth just a little less than the selling-price markup you get for completing the Rep Quest.
    Immaterial to the OP and wrong, Persuasion gives +3 competence bonus to all Charisma based skills and Items with Haggle also give a competence bonus and do not stack. In your example persuasion gives no additional increase to Haggle.

Persuasion is useful to increase UMD though.