Community Member

Default Shades Hood Green Augment Slot issue

Got a EH Shades Hood. Came equipped with a Topaz of Power 200 in the green slot. As I already have a Topaz of power, I unslotted the one from the hood to sell on the AH. I planned to slot a Topaz of feather falling in the yellow and a topaz of fear immunity in the green. The Topaz of feather falling slotted fine, but when I went to slot the topaz of fear in the green slot, the green slot didnt appear in the augment window. The only option given was to overwrite the previous slotted feather falling in the yellow slot. Its as if the augment window doesnt recognize that the hood has a green augment slot. Tried logging out and quit/ reload the game - no luck. Any one else ?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPGR View Post
    Shades Hood.
    Shades Hood?

wouldn't a Shades Gag have been a better choice?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPGR View Post
    Got a EH Shades Hood. Came equipped with a Topaz of Power 200 in the green slot. As I already have a Topaz of power, I unslotted the one from the hood to sell on the AH. I planned to slot a Topaz of feather falling in the yellow and a topaz of fear immunity in the green. The Topaz of feather falling slotted fine, but when I went to slot the topaz of fear in the green slot, the green slot didnt appear in the augment window. The only option given was to overwrite the previous slotted feather falling in the yellow slot. Its as if the augment window doesnt recognize that the hood has a green augment slot. Tried logging out and quit/ reload the game - no luck. Any one else ?
    Not sure what they intended but the Epic (not EH) Shades Hood has the same bug. If you drag in a colorless or yellow augment you'll be able to see the reason - the truth is that the hood has a colorless and yellow slot - no green. Once you slot two of the appropriate augments in there it will actually look like you have 3 augment slots as the green never goes away but doesn't exist either. Kind of a bummer as I planned on slotting +35 FL there so now I'm stuck with no FL item until I upgrade to an EE Blue Dragon Helm.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Which is very good to know since people exploit this fact and put it for hundreds of shards buy-in/buy-out into the asah.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Default UGH!! my shades hood is a green weenie!! >=[

same thing just happened to me with the EH shades hood.
    couldnt wait to lvl up and put it on, but now i realize my gear plan is foiled!
    not to mention i spent 595 tps to get 5 jewelers kits so i could swap over my augs from the blue dragon helm.
    I stupidly wasted 1 getting the power 200 aug out, thought it might work to clear the slot, but nope.
    c'mon ddo.. we're gonna need that green slot workin!
    grrr..

=/
    ~ VONGOBLYN ~
    3rd Life PM Wizard/Rogue.
    Retired Guild Leader: Heroes Of The Hinfolk.
    Server: Ghallanda

Was this ever fixed?

Good to know ( I don't mean it's good, I mean I'm grateful this has been highlighted)

Was going to try and get one of these a couple of weeks ago, then changed my mine....glad I did, major attraction was the green slot
    "Implosion: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

I just bought one on the ah and it is working correctly. Their are still some broken ones out there however. One I saw on the ah claimed to have a purple slot.

Out of curiosity -- what happens if you do not remove the pre-slotted Topaz of Power 200, and instead overwrite it with a sapphire? Or with another topaz?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Out of curiosity -- what happens if you do not remove the pre-slotted Topaz of Power 200, and instead overwrite it with a sapphire? Or with another topaz?
    Thats what I did and it worked fine, but I am convinced there are still some broken ones floating around so be wary if you purchase one.

The augment cant be removed, you have to Crush-It® first, then reslot afterward.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.