Default Tired of Double Logging

I sure am getting tired of having to log in twice every day. Only happens first time each day, but still.....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vainomoinan View Post
    I sure am getting tired of having to log in twice every day. Only happens first time each day, but still.....
    Yes, it is annoying. But it is a known phenomenon for a long time now. And as it is not in the known issues list, I doubt it's going to be fixed. So we either put ip with it or leave.
    Personally, while still annoying, I can live with losing a minute of play time for reloading.

I had this problem for many months and thought it was DDO's fault entirely (maybe it was some). However I had my PC completely cleaned and installed a brand new virus program. For about a month now I get into DDO on the first attempt always and even am able to change characters by logging out which was a problem for me as well.

I am not sure if this will help others but I always get logged in on first attempt now.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.

Make a bookmark with this code:

Code:

javascript:(function(){%20var%20L='https://www.ddo.com/en/auth/login';%20if(location!=L)location=L;%20else{%20login.identity.value="XXXXXXXXX";%20login.secret.value="XXXXXXXXXXXX";%20HTMLFormElement.prototype.submit.call(login);%20}})();

From
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...in-bookmarklet

Community Member
    still fighting the unending armies of shavarath

There have been many threads on this issue, and a few workarounds suggested, such as running the game from usb flash or ssd technology, or using a the ddo preloader.

Do a little digging, you'll find them

Although they are not fixes but workarounds, your gaming experience will become much more pleasurable.

...J
    Thelanis: HoeLee, Rasminder, Cerinah, Arlinah, Shrenn, Rowkhan, Paladonis - Jakburton's Porkchop Express (now hiring)

Sarlona: Aingell of Death, KimberLee, Soullaris the Divine, Bendyr - The Order of Cygnus

Community Member

The biggest help would be using the ddopreloader program that is in these general forums, should be on the first few pages. The need for multiple logins when you first boot up had something to do with file snot being loaded quick enough, so the game thinks you have disconnected. The preloader forces the files to be read before the game even starts, and for me actually loads the game faster in addition to needing to log in to the game twice.

You could also try logging in to the character select screen and waiting until it fully finishes loading the graphics of the selected character. If the one first highlighted is who you want to play select a second character (if the second is who you want to play click enter once it loads) and wait for it to load the graphics, then back to the original. I'm not sure why but giving it the time to load fully on the character screen then selecting another was a workaround that worked for me prior to me using the preloader program. If you're afraid of using software from someone other than Turbine at least give this method a shot, might help you if you had the slow memory/pc issues like i did, which is what it looks like from the posts.

Community Member

I have to recommend the DDO Preloader - it makes for a vast improvement over having to login, have the game crash, then load the game again.