Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    While you're at it, could you give us an ETA on when the suspended affixes might be coming back?

DDO isn't as loot-driven as other MMOs, but its very frustrating when you only see iterations of the same 3 or 4 affixes on all your loot, and things like Banishing/Disrupting/Smiting are no longer even obtainable.
    I got brand new flavored smiting and banishing and disrupting weapons with all sorts of weird. Like a +3 2-8 shock smiting dagger (level 17), and a level 17 scimitar of smiting chaotic? axiomatic? 3-12 +3 scimitar.... And some random mace of disrupting, and some random stick of +2 banishing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Mayhaps the goggles are proof, but give no guarantees as to the wearer
    In the words of a great philosopher - the goggles, they do nothing!

While you're at it, could you give us an ETA on when the suspended affixes might be coming back?

DDO isn't as loot-driven as other MMOs, but its very frustrating when you only see iterations of the same 3 or 4 affixes on all your loot, and things like Banishing/Disrupting/Smiting are no longer even obtainable.
    You'll be happy to hear that all of the affixes you named have been and are still available.

In addition, they have higher level versions that can be found- Improved Banishing/Disruption/Smiting, Greater Banishing/Disruption/Smiting, and Superior Banishing/Disruption/Smiting.

The higher level versions can instantly kill monsters with a greater number of hit points, and on monsters who exceed that hit point cap or are immune to instant death effects, deal increased damage on vorpal.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    You'll be happy to hear that all of the affixes you named have been and are still available.

In addition, they have higher level versions that can be found- Improved Banishing/Disruption/Smiting, Greater Banishing/Disruption/Smiting, and Superior Banishing/Disruption/Smiting.

The higher level versions can instantly kill monsters with a greater number of hit points, and on monsters who exceed that hit point cap or are immune to instant death effects, deal increased damage on vorpal.
    OK, maybe I picked a bad example....but I was referring to this:

Some other missing effects are only gone temporarily, such as Bodyfeeder or ability score damage on hit.
    They will be re-introduced once higher-level versions are created so that you can continue finding better versions of them as you level.
    While there hasn't been an official confirmation of what's included on this list or not, people have been complaining about the apparent disappearance of many affixes since the EP. It'd be nice to know A) what's on this list, and what 'should' be dropping in-game right now, and B) what the ETA is to get them back.

Also, Ghostbane should be a prefix like its predecessor was, because Ghost Touch of Disruption was an awesome weapon

Community Member

Also, Ghostbane should be a prefix like its predecessor was, because Ghost Touch of Disruption was an awesome weapon
    Or have the old Ghost Touch prefix, as well.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

and things like Banishing/Disrupting/Smiting are no longer even obtainable.
    Yes they are. I've been pulling all of them.

And I've been stockpiling great axe, longsword, and scimitar banishers just like I've been stockpiling vorpal repeating crossbows.

OK, maybe I picked a bad example....but I was referring to this:

While there hasn't been an official confirmation of what's included on this list or not, people have been complaining about the apparent disappearance of many affixes since the EP. It'd be nice to know A) what's on this list, and what 'should' be dropping in-game right now, and B) what the ETA is to get them back.

That list has been asked for dozens of times. I sincerely doubt we are ever going to get it. You see, if we never get that list than we can only complain about not having the list. If we had the list, we could then give accurate feedback about how (insert negative comment here) the decision to remove all those affixes was. I suspect they don't want to hear that.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

lets see what is missing... It could be that i'm running low level quests or epics so some things i'm out of the loot table range for but here is what i'm not seeing.

pure good/greater good or any other damage suffix than rapid shot/doublestrike/riposte/ghostbane at low levels
    anything besides resis or asorb prefix on armor at low lvls
    bane - greater giant bane etc.
    bodyfeeder
    buttressing, etc mot armor effects
    wounding/puncturing, etc stat damagers
    cosmic and other 3d damage prefix
    any bursts? holy burst, acid burst, etc...
    i've seen invulneribility on the ah and store but none have dropped for me so they maybe could be all old bagpack sales?
    pandamonium, desert sand, and all the other double effects
    clickies on items (invis, rage, detect doors, etc) maybe i'm just unlucky? but i haven't seen any
    i did see improved banishing, so i assume the others are there, but haven't seen the lower level ones.
    freezing gale and all the other roll 20 do aoe damage (not that i cared much for them but haven't seen).

wouldn't be easier for someone to tell us what was removed? then we would now what to report is missing?
    Last edited by Thar; 09-09-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    Proud member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy, but we get &@#$% done.

Kilthar-Thar-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Klunk-Robothar-Minithar-Tharissa-Miriella

I also miss the weapons that were different in some way.

Sure Lightning Strike was better than Shock III and worse than Shock IV from a numbers standpoint, but the effect was unique, visible and cool.

And names like Cosmic, Phlebotomizing, of Obscenity and Meteoric are so much more evocative than 'Eldritch IV, Flaming VII and Unholy IX'.

Of course a lot of old accessories are just unmatchable now - bracers with healing amp being one that are best in slot for many builds and no longer drop.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Same question if you're still reading this, but re: the actually missing affixes listed in this thread like Convalescence if possible please.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

At which level do they start dropping? I've been leveling up my ranger, who is currently level 10, and she hasn't seen anything but the same repititions of certain items. I see tons of elemental damage weapons, ghostbane, deathblock, hammerblock, riposte, retribution, absorbsion and resistance (what you call "-proof" items), but that's pretty much it.

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    At which level do they start dropping? I've been leveling up my ranger, who is currently level 10, and she hasn't seen anything but the same repititions of certain items. I see tons of elemental damage weapons, ghostbane, deathblock, hammerblock, riposte, retribution, absorbsion and resistance (what you call "-proof" items), but that's pretty much it.
    I think you'll start seeing a fair number of them around level 17 or so.

The min level 10 weapons that were +1 with one +5 effect (like Banishing) were always very rare. First you needed to roll a +6 total weapon, then you needed to roll "+1 with +5 prefix" which was rare, and then it needed to be Banishing and not a more common prefix.

Under the new system though, once you get to the point that +4 effects (what Banishing and the like are valued at now), you will see them drop like crazy.

But yes, I too want to know about the actually missing effects.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Oh, and 'Masterful Craftsmanship' seems to appear quite a bit.

Community Member

I personally am not concerned in the slightest about the status of vorpal/banish etc, what I and many others i think are concerned about is the future of named affixes and prefixes. I am talking about the multiple effect random gens, lacerating, obscenity, ten thousand suns.....the list goes on and on and on. All of them are gone and there is absolutely no reason to even look at the new very limited series of damaging weapon effects, there is no weapon effect combination that even remotely compares to what we had at the lower levels last month. I dont know why the new system was decided to just kill off everything unique and replace it with useless scale-able effects but I very much hope that the named effects are appended with U20.
    Alkkarn Alkkine Alkine Roubot Alkot Alkky
    On argo cuz its better than you!

Have to say the weapons that drop in chests and end rewards are so rubbish - sick of getting ghostbane and rapidshot. No pure good anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Alkot View Post
    I personally am not concerned in the slightest about the status of vorpal/banish etc, what I and many others i think are concerned about is the future of named affixes and prefixes. I am talking about the multiple effect random gens, lacerating, obscenity, ten thousand suns.....the list goes on and on and on. All of them are gone and there is absolutely no reason to even look at the new very limited series of damaging weapon effects, there is no weapon effect combination that even remotely compares to what we had at the lower levels last month. I dont know why the new system was decided to just kill off everything unique and replace it with useless scale-able effects but I very much hope that the named effects are appended with U20.
    Something else I miss: Lores on random armor and shields. Maybe they still drop, but if they do, I never see them.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun
    Thanks for finding this bug!
    It looks like the +10 and +20 resistance items were bugged and giving too little resistance. We'll get this fixed ASAP. It will retroactively fix any affected items.
    Given that 99% of players run around with ShipBuffs giving resist 30, I really hope this is a low priority fix. There are far more important bugs that need attention please.

Seriously, a tiny bug like this that affects junk-loot and you are all over it?

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun;

Yes, Yes. So has been said elsewhere. What we want is MANGLING, MAULING and the other cool stuff from MOTU which currently seems to be missing.

And we want it ***UNTOUCHED***

Thank you in advance. I very much hope to pull a +6 Keen III Flametouched Iron Khopesh of Mangling after the next patch/update.
    Last edited by visibleman; 09-10-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    Argonessen: Breyard, Kayuss, Breymer, Vilar, Zhanmadao
    Guild: Fellowship of the Shrine
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!

Thanks for finding this bug!
    It looks like the +10 and +20 resistance items were bugged and giving too little resistance. We'll get this fixed ASAP. It will retroactively fix any affected items.
    Thank you for trying to fix this, I was noticing the same problem on some items as well.

While you in the DEv depaertment are at it, when can we expect a major revamp of the Cannith crafting system? And while you are at it, greensteel and alchemical items could need some love too.

With Canith crafting available to lowly tooms as well, this would be a major improvement if we could get the new suffixes and prefixes working on items...

Feather - a few weeks ago you meantioned red-slots with special weapon effects. I think this could be the greatest idea ever if it comes to light.

- Lightning strike
    - Various Vorpals
    - Deception
    - Superior Parrying

You get the drift.

This is the kinda thing that would just be awesome and a welcome edition to the game. Turn the heat up on this burner.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast