Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Fireproof Goggles Passive +20 Fire Resistance GARBAGE

Passive +20 Fire Resistance. Which I thought meant Fire Resistance +20 from a 7th level spell. Nope.

Put it on, and all it does is reduce fire damage by 3. This is like the old days of lesser fire resistance.

Garbage.

The more I dig into the new loot, the more it becomes garbage.

Seriously? The developer puts wording on a magic item that basically states that it functions like what loot functioned like before August 19, but is a complete lie.
    Last edited by moomooprincess; 09-07-2013 at 06:36 AM.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

maybe it doesnt say resistance but absoprtion

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    Passive +20 Fire Resistance. Which I thought meant Fire Resistance +20 from a 7th level spell. Nope.

Put it on, and all it does is reduce fire damage by 3. This is like the old days of lesser fire resistance.

Garbage.

Seriously? The developer puts wording on a magic item that basically states that it functions like what loot functioned like before August 19, but is a complete lie.
    Was it 20, or 20%? They come in both flavors now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    Was it 20, or 20%? They come in both flavors now.
    Unfortunately, this does not make the loot better. It's all mostly still garbage.
    Sarlona: Acaat || Ahchuykak || Anaiadeia || Atlacoya || Camalos || Coyopa || Gwylelwiel || Imahidden || Kisin || Pukuh || Temporarily

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post

Garbage.

Basically all the new gear has been feathered.

It looks nice but is basically worthless.

another classic turbine achievement.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

How hard was it for me to test this? I put the goggles on and checked my fire resistance. THREE was the number, which is better than ZERO. Gee Thanks.
    Last edited by moomooprincess; 09-07-2013 at 09:37 AM.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

I have no idea what to tell you, beyond Bug report it.

but now I am wondering how many and how much the passive effects are not working as stated.
    Last edited by Ungood; 09-07-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Community Member

I happened across a +15 Fireproof item (gloves, I think) after reading this and got 15 out of it. *shrug*

Have the exact same goggles and the exact same problem. Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Hi,
    This is where we are now. Ride the walrus, or drown in its wake
    Thanks.

Community Member

How odd.. i just pulled a pair of min level 7 fire resist +20 goggles in tear of dhakaan and they only gave +3 fire resist. If some peoples items are working perhaps it is a bug in lower level or newly looted ones.

Community Member

The cake is a lie?
    Mind... blown.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by smeggy1384 View Post
    How odd.. i just pulled a pair of min level 7 fire resist +20 goggles in tear of dhakaan and they only gave +3 fire resist. If some peoples items are working perhaps it is a bug in lower level or newly looted ones.
    I had this with something too; iirc it was a Korthos item. The pre-update version gave resist 3, the post-update version says it gives more but actually still gives resist 3.

So, seems to me it's clearly a bug/data-entry error, where the item description text for those resists was updated but something went wrong with the underlying values.

From what I've seen, any item which claims to be resist +5 or +15 will work properly, as they were newly created. Any item which claims to be resist +10 or +20 will work wrong, as they were updated from older items.

Founder

And why the heck did they change the name to "-Proof"? Don't they have any one who knows English or can look up a definition? I almost purchased one of these pieces of garbage because I thought they actually completely protected from the element (which is what "proof" means Turbine).

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    And why the heck did they change the name to "-Proof"? Don't they have any one who knows English or can look up a definition? I almost purchased one of these pieces of garbage because I thought they actually completely protected from the element (which is what "proof" means Turbine).
    Mayhaps the goggles are proof, but give no guarantees as to the wearer
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

The goggles ain't got no proof, it's all just circumstantial evidence. And when the devs went around to question people about it, nobody saw anything.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

When I put a -proof item on, e.g. fireproof 30% cloak, I see the effect in the combat window +3, but when I look at my character sheet, I see the fire resistance go from 0-30.

When in water elemental form, I already have electrical resistance, so it only goes up by 10 when I put a shockproof 30% item on.

It seems that +1 = 10%, +2=20%, and +3=30%

The naming is bad, for sure. It's like a watch that claims to be waterproof but is only water resistant, but worse, because we know how much proper terminology is important here.

Community Member

With chemicals that will burn asbestos, nothing's really fireproof anyway.

Thanks for finding this bug!
    It looks like the +10 and +20 resistance items were bugged and giving too little resistance. We'll get this fixed ASAP. It will retroactively fix any affected items.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Thanks for finding this bug!
    It looks like the +10 and +20 resistance items were bugged and giving too little resistance. We'll get this fixed ASAP. It will retroactively fix any affected items.
    While you're at it, could you give us an ETA on when the suspended affixes might be coming back?

DDO isn't as loot-driven as other MMOs, but its very frustrating when you only see iterations of the same 3 or 4 affixes on all your loot, and things like Banishing/Disrupting/Smiting are no longer even obtainable.
    Last edited by droid327; 09-09-2013 at 01:13 PM.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    While you're at it, could you give us an ETA on when the suspended affixes might be coming back?

DDO isn't as loot-driven as other MMOs, but its very frustrating when you only see iterations of the same 3 or 4 affixes on all your loot, and things like Banishing/Disrupting/Smiting are no longer even obtainable.
    Yes, we need the missing properties back.

However, I've been seeing lots of Disruption weapons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast