Community Member

Default Fey Sight need True Seeing?

So if you have Fey Sight do you still need True Seeing?

Community Member

Not for finding secret doors. If you want to be able to hit blurred/displaced enemies you'll still want true-seeing.

Community Member

Im a little confused about what exactly Fey Sight does and does not do.... it gives you DSD, that's obvious enough, though I don't know what DC (20 like DSD? 30 like TS? something else?)

"See invisible creatures"? Does that just mean creatures with actual Invisibility? Or does that mean stealthed creatures, too? So is Spot unnecessary for Elves who take it?

"Pierce illusions"? Does that mean it counters Concealment, which is an illusory property? What's it mean, if not? +Save vs illusions?

The Occam's Razor assumption would be just Fey Sight = True Seeing, they just copied the mechanic, but of course the simplest answer is rarely the correct one when it comes to DDO

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Im a little confused about what exactly Fey Sight does and does not do.... it gives you DSD, that's obvious enough, though I don't know what DC (20 like DSD? 30 like TS? something else?)
    *Fey Visions can now automatically detect Secret Doors up to DC 45.*

^^From the U19 release notes

It's just a basic DSD ability with a higher search DC than the spell itself gives.

It does not include any of the extra abilities of TS.

Community Member

Thanks! I really don't know why most MMOs find the need to not tell you what things do. It is extremely annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by mute_mayhem View Post
    *Fey Visions can now automatically detect Secret Doors up to DC 45.*

^^From the U19 release notes

It's just a basic DSD ability with a higher search DC than the spell itself gives.

It does not include any of the extra abilities of TS.
    Fey Visions is in the Shiradi ED.

OP seems to be talking about the Elf Enhancement, Fey Sight.

For the record, I don't know if Fey Sight includes true seeing or not, but am curious as well.

Quote Originally Posted by btolson View Post

For the record, I don't know if Fey Sight includes true seeing or not, but am curious as well.
    Fey Sight allows you to pierce illusions and invisibility. It's essentially a "magic can't fool me" ability for elves. It won't work against stealth, as stealth isn't hiding the person via magic, it's just skill/cover/etc. It would allow you to ignore blur, displacement, invisibility, and a few other illusion-based defensive powers. It wouldn't let you see secret doors, as those aren't generally hidden by magic, just by clever design. Nor would it let you spot traps.

That's my take on it, at least. I don't have it on my elf, so I can't guarantee it 100%, though I might give it a try tonight.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by btolson View Post

Yes, that was the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianna View Post
    Fey Sight allows you to pierce illusions and invisibility. It's essentially a "magic can't fool me" ability for elves. It won't work against stealth, as stealth isn't hiding the person via magic, it's just skill/cover/etc. It would allow you to ignore blur, displacement, invisibility, and a few other illusion-based defensive powers. It wouldn't let you see secret doors, as those aren't generally hidden by magic, just by clever design. Nor would it let you spot traps.

That's my take on it, at least. I don't have it on my elf, so I can't guarantee it 100%, though I might give it a try tonight.
    That is what I was thinking, but the text is so flavor vague it may not.

Though I did get a message where they were saying it did work as such. Guess I'll just have to try it and see. Pay to reverse it if not.