Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Q-Master - your eyes please

This is the second time you guys add something about discounts on Turbine cards instead of double or triple points on gold.

Just for your information - I have not seen one single card for over a year now. I think it was even before MOTU. I don't know where these stores are but there are none that carry it in Illinois and as I gather from other replies it's the same in other states as well.

Please just add double or triple points - cards are no more - including for Lotro. As for mats on sale with the mess crafting is and that there's no mat bonus going on, I don't know how effective it'll be, but that's not for me to judge.

But anyways - please rethink the discount on points especially since said card doesn't exist. Unless you can point me to the store in Illinois that might carry it.

Founder

I agree. The last time cards were supposed to be on sale, I searched all the Walmarts in my area and none of them even carried Turbine cards. Its not that they were out - there wasn't an empty spot or anything.

Turbine Point Cards on Rollback at Walmart! Ends Sept 16th

20% off for a Limited time.

Available in participating US stores only.

Turbine point cards at Wal Mart? I have been going to several different Arizona Wally World's as long as I have been playing DDO, and I have never seen one. I've even taken the time to specifically look a few times.

I know it has been said that its up to the stores to stock them, and that Turbine is supplying them, but really. I've never seen them. Maybe if there was a generic WB games point card or something we could buy instead, they would all stock it. I mean, there are point cards for games I have never even heard of in those racks.

And speaking of something we haven't seen in over a year Q-master, why no hireling sales? Its been since about U14 that they were on sale.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    Turbine point cards at Wal Mart? I have been going to several different Arizona Wally World's as long as I have been playing DDO, and I have never seen one. I've even taken the time to specifically look a few times.

I know it has been said that its up to the stores to stock them, and that Turbine is supplying them, but really. I've never seen them. Maybe if there was a generic WB games point card or something we could buy instead, they would all stock it. I mean, there are point cards for games I have never even heard of in those racks.

And speaking of something we haven't seen in over a year Q-master, why no hireling sales? Its been since about U14 that they were on sale.
    'Cause you can buy them with shards now - gimme a shard sale and triple point and I'll give Turbine lots of cash, promise.

I was recently in my local Wal-Mart and saw a whole stack of DDO/LOTRO cards for sale. They are out there, but seems to depend on your location if they are actually on the shelves.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    'Cause you can buy them with shards now - gimme a shard sale and triple point and I'll give Turbine lots of cash, promise.
    I never thought of that, actually.

The most expensive hireling is 6 shards from the vendor or 40 TP from the store (per the wiki). So if you get one of the more reasonable shard bundles at about 6 TP a shard, you would save 4 TP if you used shards to buy them right off the top. Even more if you get the shards on sale.

And of course you save tons of TP's if you get shards from selling stuff in game.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    I was recently in my local Wal-Mart and saw a whole stack of DDO/LOTRO cards for sale. They are out there, but seems to depend on your location if they are actually on the shelves.
    Mind sharing what your locality is? I'm not asking for personal info, just where these cards actually exist? Maybe tell us what state at least, if not city as well?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

This is the second time you guys add something about discounts on Turbine cards instead of double or triple points on gold.
    We very rarely do discounts on Turbine Point cards in comparison to DDO Store point promotions.

Just for your information - I have not seen one single card for over a year now.
    Sorry to hear that... I do not have any control on which Walmart retailer carries our cards.

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    I do not have any control on which Walmart retailer carries our cards.
    Can you help us with information on which Walmart retailers carry your cards?

I'm sure if you had control it would be all of them, but it seems like most of us (myself included) are tired of the Easter egg hunt...
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 09-05-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Mind sharing what your locality is? I'm not asking for personal info, just where these cards actually exist? Maybe tell us what state at least, if not city as well?
    I'm not the one you're referring to, but 2 of the 3 wal~marts local to me {West Virginia} carry them and the one that doesn't is a very small store.
    Last edited by Ghoulstorm; 09-05-2013 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulstorm View Post
    I'm not the one you're referring to, but 2 of the 3 wal~marts local to me {West Virginia} carry them and the one that doesn't is a very small store.
    Lol, well that's a start, ty

Anybody have some good news for the west coast, preferably in the area of Portland, Oregon? I've had no luck myself...

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    We very rarely do discounts on Turbine Point cards in comparison to DDO Store point promotions.

Sorry to hear that... I do not have any control on which Walmart retailer carries our cards.
    I understand, and I would load up on cards if I could find any. But the thing is that while you don't control that I can't find any whatsoever and anecdotally neither do anyone else. So it might be nice to have a discount now and then but on none existent cards it's a moot point.

Thanks for the reply anyways.

We have a super Walmart both where I live and in the 2 towns over - so pretty much the biggest store they got. Must be a state thing then.

Cool

I live in Gallup New Mexico and they are available at my walmart store.
    William L. DeAemond

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    I never thought of that, actually.

The most expensive hireling is 6 shards from the vendor or 40 TP from the store (per the wiki). So if you get one of the more reasonable shard bundles at about 6 TP a shard, you would save 4 TP if you used shards to buy them right off the top. Even more if you get the shards on sale.

And of course you save tons of TP's if you get shards from selling stuff in game.
    That's how I do it now, pity that the shard economy is shot to pieces due to random loot. I can't think of many named items worth grinding to sell for shards.

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Lol, well that's a start, ty

Anybody have some good news for the west coast, preferably in the area of Portland, Oregon? I've had no luck myself...
    Hi neighbor! I've just moved out to Beaverton and was going to check the store near here. I'll let you know.

Edit: No luck
    In the past I have tried all the Targets and Gamestops in the area and none carry the cards anymore.
    Last edited by Phoenix-daBard; 09-06-2013 at 02:54 AM.

Haven't seen DDO/Turbine cards in the last 2-3 years (in Illinois). Been looking for them too at Walmarts, Gamestops, etc. Used to buy the Turbine ones for my kids (or encouraged others to buy them as gifts for them).

Community Member

We've got way too many DDO cards than we know what to do with in Washington state. Every Walmart I've been into I see them, as well as all but 1 of the Game stops I've been too in this state. The business world is frustrating, it's hardly Turbines fault that 3rd party options selling their product don't always follow a uniform method of consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSlick79 View Post
    We've got way too many DDO cards than we know what to do with in Washington state. Every Walmart I've been into I see them, as well as all but 1 of the Game stops I've been too in this state. The business world is frustrating, it's hardly Turbines fault that 3rd party options selling their product don't always follow a uniform method of consistency.
    True, but for those states without or just across the board offer a sale on points in the store. It's easier and guarantees that everyone will be included instead of just the states that carry them.

No dice here in Columbus, OH (by way of St. Albans, WV). Last time I saw any here was just before MotU came out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast