Community Member

Default A question about offhand strikes for the devs

There are two things I would like to know about some of the changes and additions from the xpack, there are now ways to boost offhand strikes past 100%. How exactly does this work?
    Say I have deft strike meditation of war bonus in wind stance and perfect two weapon fighting, 10%+10%+10%+80%=110%
    Does the extra chance go to waste or is it converted to offhand doublestrike?

One other question would be does the feat perfect two weapon fighting work for unarmed at all? A number of people that i run with point out that it mentions weapons and not unarmed unlike the normal feats that mention handwraps fighting on them.

TY if I can get a answer,
    Alkkarn Alkkine Alkine Roubot Alkot Alkky
    On argo cuz its better than you!

Offhand chance =/= Offhand doublestrike chance.

From your example I believe only Deft Strikes provides offhand proc chance.

EDIT: Had to look up Meditation of War. In wind stance you would haave 100% offhand chance (80%+10%+10%). PTWF provides a 5% mainhand doublstrike chance and 10% offhand double strike chance (not 10% offhand proc)

The only way I see to get > 100% offhand is ranger12/monk something with lvl12 tempest core and deft strikes. How that works I'm not sure as haven't tested.

PTWF from description seems to imply it does not work with unarmed however player testing is showing it does. The bigger issue with it is that the offhand doublestrike chance doesn't process independently of the mainhand - I.e. the mainhand has to doublesrrike to get a chance at offhand doublestrike.
    Last edited by kuro_zero; 09-06-2013 at 10:09 PM.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kuro_zero View Post
    Offhand chance =/= Offhand doublestrike chance.

From your example I believe only Deft Strikes provides offhand proc chance.

EDIT: Had to look up Meditation of War. In wind stance you would haave 100% offhand chance (80%+10%+10%). PTWF provides a 5% mainhand doublstrike chance and 10% offhand double strike chance (not 10% offhand proc)

The only way I see to get > 100% offhand is ranger12/monk something with lvl12 tempest core and deft strikes. How that works I'm not sure as haven't tested.

PTWF from description seems to imply it does not work with unarmed however player testing is showing it does. The bigger issue with it is that the offhand doublestrike chance doesn't process independently of the mainhand - I.e. the mainhand has to doublesrrike to get a chance at offhand doublestrike.
    Tyvm for this clarification, i think i must have read a lamania post about the feats i remembered it as if it were offhand chance not doublestrike.
    It would still be interesting to hear how the tempest variants would work with 100+chance offhand
    Alkkarn Alkkine Alkine Roubot Alkot Alkky
    On argo cuz its better than you!

tempest enhancements and deft strikes do not stack. I do not know about meditation of war. At one point off hand double strike was bugged to only give a chance of triggering when the mainhand doublestrike triggered. I don't know if this has been fixed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    tempest enhancements and deft strikes do not stack. I do not know about meditation of war. At one point off hand double strike was bugged to only give a chance of triggering when the mainhand doublestrike triggered. I don't know if this has been fixed yet.
    Don't stack or there is no benefit for >100% offhand?

I really need to roll up an iconic and play around with this. If they are not stacking it ruins a lot of planned 6rgr/6mnk w/100% offhand chance builds
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

The bigger issue with it is that the offhand doublestrike chance doesn't process independently of the mainhand - I.e. the mainhand has to doublesrrike to get a chance at offhand doublestrike.
    At one point off hand double strike was bugged to only give a chance of triggering when the mainhand doublestrike triggered. I don't know if this has been fixed yet.
    On Lam it was reported that the tempest capstone offhand doublestrike chance only procced when mainhand doublestrike went off. I was not sure if this was happening with all offhand doublestrikes or just the tempest capstone. So I asked around and it was reported that offhand doublestrikes were proccing without mainhand doublestrikes.

But it remains unclear if the tempest capstone is having this problem or not. No one seems to know if this made it to live.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

tempest enhancements and deft strikes do not stack.
    This absolutely worked on Lamania.

I'll test this again tonight, there's enough broken stuff in this game without the need of FUD.

TEMPEST STACKS WITH DEFT STRIKES WHEN CENTERED.

100 swings . . . 100 off-hand procs.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post

Do you know, or are you able to test, if deft strikes stacks with the deflect arrows tempest core also? Deft strikes, tempest, and deflect arrows would effectively grant 110% offhand procs, if they all stack. I was wondering about this when considering some twf build options. I'd be very grateful for some info on this.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post

Tested with PDK8/6RGR/1MNK centered with khopesh. Tempest Core2 and Deft Strikes and I was definately not getting 100% off hand proc. Possibly only working with wraps/default monk weapons?

Tested with PDK8/6RGR/1MNK centered with khopesh. Tempest Core2 and Deft Strikes and I was definately not getting 100% off hand proc. Possibly only working with wraps/default monk weapons?
    I was using Khopeshes on a fighter 12/ranger 6/Monk 2/epic 7

I stopped counting at 100 swings and went on for a while, got a off-hand every time.

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    Do you know, or are you able to test, if deft strikes stacks with the deflect arrows tempest core also? Deft strikes, tempest, and deflect arrows would effectively grant 110% offhand procs, if they all stack. I was wondering about this when considering some twf build options. I'd be very grateful for some info on this.
    I can't test that sorry, my toons who could get that high in tempest aren't centered builds.