Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post

But I am TRing my main Fizzymadizzy again as well as an alt and I will get a picture because there are several quests I farm for said items at low levels whenever I change weapon sets. No question I will get a screenshot of end reward.
    Anxiously awaiting that screenshot. Still wondering how nobody else is pulling them since U19 and you seem to stumble across them on every other reward list.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedBob View Post
    What I have not seen drop after expansion;
    Any disrupting or banishing weapon in the 8-12 level range.
    Any bane weapon at all except Ghostbane.
    Any burst weapon except named weapons.
    All the MoTU era specal named affix/prefixes seems to be gone from loot table.

To me the change is complete rubbish. There was nothing wrong with what we had. They could have just added in the new items instead of dumping all the old stuff. Seems like someone hit their intellectual capacity roof and blew their mind when adjusting the loot tables, hence this garbage.
    I have pulled both banishing and disrupting weapons in the low level range. I pulled a +1 battleaxe of disruption and a +1 banishing dagger specifically. However, they do seem to have become much more rare. At higher levels they are more common. And I seem to pull a lot of banishing of disruption weapons (what a worthless combo).

For banes, see my post directly above.

As for bursts, I believe someone already mentioned this, but I will state it again. The "burst" quality has been replaced by higher ranks of weapon affixes like flaming. So a Flaming III weapon is better than a Flaming II weapon. I can't say I disagree with the change. It reduces the randomness which is depending on critical hits, and anything that reduces randomness is generally good for the players. And when I look at the numbers, I can't say that a Flaming II weapon is necessarily worse than a Flaming Burst weapon all things considered.

Not ALL of the MotU special affixes are gone, but it does seem most are. Devs have stated they are working on developing higher level versions of existing effects that I assume will compensate for this loss. So it is difficult to say that these effects are gone and not coming back in any way. It seems like they cleaned the slate and are working their way back up to them. I would have preferred they waited until they had more variety in the loot tables rather than doing it piece by piece, but it is what it is. The cat is out of the bag.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedBob View Post
    Looks to me like they put in a completely new set of loot code. Where are the tomes in quest rewards? Since expansion I havent seen a single stat tome or skill tome in quest rewards.
    About two weeks ago I pulled an Upgrade Tome of Spellcraft (+1 to +2) somewhere, but I have been completely unable to find a +1 Spellcraft tome anywhere, whether in loot, auction house, or shard exchange. Today I pulled a +1 Charisma tome in Kobold's New Ringleader, so tomes are dropping.

Community Member

I have noticed specifically Coruscating, Night's Grasp and all of the -The Sun suffixes.

I know coruscating got heavily downgraded to "solar" so finding a good 2-12 light damage weapon is extremly tedious/impossible. I suppose all of the neat combined suffixes are just gone, good thing I've been hoarding them. My Coruscating Bastard Sword of the Sun's Fury will destroy all comers... or fetch a HUGE price on the AH, whatever.

Actually all of the lovely 2-12 elemental damage(blazing, caustic, boreal etc) is gone, replaced with the new roman numeral scheme. The problem is this actually has the weapons generating with much worse loot rates. For example: I have several +1 2d6 frost weapons floating between alts, these are all ML8. As far as I can tell, Frost III will not generate on a +1 weapon without a suffix. Granted, its ahrd to prove this, as there is no way to search for a Frost III weapon - you just have to search for "frost" and mouse over Every. Freaking. Item.

So where as before we got the choice to search for frost, icy burst, or boreal, now we get to just go... screw ourselves, I guess? That's kinda what this new loot system feels like.

Don't know if it counts but this is now broken:
    Bought a staff from the store with both good and silver on it.
    Crafted it into a beater for in Delera's but the good part seems broken.

As far as the fixtures go:
    Things introduced from update 14 into 18 seem missing from the loot tables.
    Things from before those updates seem to be replaced and not always for the better.

As said before:
    Burst and banes are missing and I seem to have missed the post from a dev that this is intended.
    Metalline and pure good, there's no way of getting a boss beater early on in the game.

The racial restriction is now gone and replaced with:
    Cursed and Masterful craftsmanship

The cursed + masterful craftsmanship is something I have to get used to.
    I have a ring with both of it on the same item:
    +5 dex, +7 protection, yellow slot and colorless slot
    -1 to wisdom and +1 better for it's level
    ML 22 and 14 as it's value rate
    I can't figure out if this is a proper item or if the values are off because of both having the curse and the MC on it.

From time to time I'll encounter an item with the same fixtures on it (the exact same prefix and suffix), the same value rate and ML but with a enhancement that's off by one. So it's a +3 acid V of Ghostbane III or a +4 acid V of Ghostbane III.
    (And what's with the ghostbane, are we getting ready to be invaded by ghosts or something )

I want:
    Meteoric
    Obscenity
    1000 Suns
    Wintry
    Erosive
    Cosmic

Back. Now. They were best changes to loot in the history of the game. They made loot weekends and gems fun and worthwhile again.

I can confirm that everbright is no longer generating. It is still possible to craft them via Cannith Crafting, but they are no longer generated as random loot. I did a search of the entire AH for everbright and only came up with 5 items, none of which had new prefixes on them. For that matter, they were all fairly useless items to have everbright on in the first place, like a crossbow and handwraps. So it is safe to say the old stashes of these items (out of those willing to sell them) have been bought out and they are no longer generating.

Quote Originally Posted by Circon View Post
    About two weeks ago I pulled an Upgrade Tome of Spellcraft (+1 to +2) somewhere, but I have been completely unable to find a +1 Spellcraft tome anywhere, whether in loot, auction house, or shard exchange. Today I pulled a +1 Charisma tome in Kobold's New Ringleader, so tomes are dropping.
    It is possible to get +1 skill tomes from daily dice at the very least. And I know I found a +1 skill tome of Listen somewhere. I don't remember where it was, but I know I got it from loot somewhere because I don't buy them in the store and I have used it on my main.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    I have noticed specifically Coruscating, Night's Grasp and all of the -The Sun suffixes.

I know coruscating got heavily downgraded to "solar" so finding a good 2-12 light damage weapon is extremly tedious/impossible. I suppose all of the neat combined suffixes are just gone, good thing I've been hoarding them. My Coruscating Bastard Sword of the Sun's Fury will destroy all comers... or fetch a HUGE price on the AH, whatever.

Actually all of the lovely 2-12 elemental damage(blazing, caustic, boreal etc) is gone, replaced with the new roman numeral scheme. The problem is this actually has the weapons generating with much worse loot rates. For example: I have several +1 2d6 frost weapons floating between alts, these are all ML8. As far as I can tell, Frost III will not generate on a +1 weapon without a suffix. Granted, its ahrd to prove this, as there is no way to search for a Frost III weapon - you just have to search for "frost" and mouse over Every. Freaking. Item.

So where as before we got the choice to search for frost, icy burst, or boreal, now we get to just go... screw ourselves, I guess? That's kinda what this new loot system feels like.
    Devs have said that these types of enhancements will be coming back in some form or fashion as soon as they can update them to the new loot system. It seems they focused on heroic loot tables and are working on epic loot tables and special item affixes for a future update TBD. Whether or not we will get the combos of several enhancements in one like before is still up in the air as the devs have been mum on what these new affixes will actually look like. If you ask me, it is probably sitting on a whiteboard somewhere and not even at the coding stage yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Don't know if it counts but this is now broken:
    Bought a staff from the store with both good and silver on it.
    Crafted it into a beater for in Delera's but the good part seems broken.
    Can you be more specific? Staves can only have one type as far as material. So if it was both flametouched iron (good) and alchemical silver that seems rather impossible. If you took a silver staff of pure good and disjoined it for crafting however, the pure good part would have disappeared which is normal.

As far as the fixtures go:
    Things introduced from update 14 into 18 seem missing from the loot tables.
    Things from before those updates seem to be replaced and not always for the better.

As said before:
    Burst and banes are missing and I seem to have missed the post from a dev that this is intended.
    Metalline and pure good, there's no way of getting a boss beater early on in the game.
    For what it is worth, you can still craft it. And I bet if you ask really nicely on the advice channel some high-level crafter would be happy to make you the unbound shards in exchange for the ingredients. As for the banes, I did speak with the devs in-game on Lamannia about the banes missing and they said they have no intention of bringing them back at this point as they were considered too specialized to be broadly useful for most players. Regarding bursts, those are gone (and probably not coming back) and replaced with the new roman numeral system for weapon enhancements. I would have to dredge up a months old post from Lamannia to find it, but I do recall this specifically being addressed.

The racial restriction is now gone and replaced with:
    Cursed and Masterful craftsmanship
    This is as intended and was noted in the release notes with U19.

The cursed + masterful craftsmanship is something I have to get used to.
    I have a ring with both of it on the same item:
    +5 dex, +7 protection, yellow slot and colorless slot
    -1 to wisdom and +1 better for it's level
    ML 22 and 14 as it's value rate
    I can't figure out if this is a proper item or if the values are off because of both having the curse and the MC on it.
    +5 dex should be +5. +7 protection should be +7. Yellow slot should be +2. Colorless should be +1. So overall before cursed and masterful that should be +15. Masterful doesn't affect the +X of the item, just lowers the minimum level. And cursed reduces the +X by 1. So it looks like this is WAI.

From time to time I'll encounter an item with the same fixtures on it (the exact same prefix and suffix), the same value rate and ML but with a enhancement that's off by one. So it's a +3 acid V of Ghostbane III or a +4 acid V of Ghostbane III.
    (And what's with the ghostbane, are we getting ready to be invaded by ghosts or something )
    I'd screenshot it and report it as a bug. Ghostbane specifically was added to combine undead bane with ghost touch. Although it is now impossible to get a ghost touch of disruption weapon, the devs apparently thought the utility of ghostbane would be more universal given the prevalence of undead in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    I want:
    Meteoric
    Obscenity
    1000 Suns
    Wintry
    Erosive
    Cosmic

Back. Now. They were best changes to loot in the history of the game. They made loot weekends and gems fun and worthwhile again.
    I fully agree. As I have already noted though, the devs have stated they are working on developing new versions, but that they have to be updated to work with the new system. No ETA on this yet AFAIK.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Default Great community effort here -- Bump for FoS to comment on

Great community effort here -- Bump for FoS to comment on. Asking nicely/politely/sincerely, could we please get some more info? Anything at all?

It would be tremendously/greatly appreciated! Super thanks in advance! :P! ! Cheers!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Can't say that I've seen feat enchantments lately; like mobility or precise shot (except for named loot).

Btw things like omniscience seem missing as well.

And why do they need to update things to the new system, it's not like the old stuff doesn't do jack sh|t anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I thought I saw a dev state that they still needed to update some of the affixes to the multi-tier system, and they would be added back into the loot tables in a patch soon.
    Can you show us a link? I'd really appreciate it.

Default Could we please get an answer from a dev or someone higher up?

Could we please get an answer from a dev or someone higher up? This is such a great effort on behalf of everyone! Great work people!

Asking nicely/sincerely/politely could we please get some communication up in here? What is the gameplan/intentions? Please & thanks in advance!

It would be greatly appreciated! Cheers! :P! ! !

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Coming to the Store near you Soon

Whatever is listed in this thread.

You can get +1, +2, or upgrade +1 to +2 tomes from FREE silver rolls. I would have guaranteed it, but then I forgot about the update today. The past three updates have all messed with the Free Dice Rolls, so it could have changed again today.

That means all my data from last Monday's update, is pointless again. Yay, pointless.

I really don't know why the player base is ASKED to report missing prefixes and suffixes. A database query can do it in about 2 seconds. Obviously, there are ulterior motives.

My suspicion is

What do the players say is missing?

Put it in the DDO Store.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Another note regarding skill tomes. I got a selection of four +1 skill tomes by completing a heroic elite saga. So there is another place to get them.

I have fairly strong evidence that the ambushing prefix is gone. I haven't seen any since U19 and a cursory search of the AH only revealed three items, none of which had any of the new suffixes.

weapons:
    (lesser,greater,virulent) poison, and i think slicing winds is missing. also the "cold" affix that did, what, 1d4 untyped damage to most mobs and 2d4 to fire-types? i think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, i can't remember the name either right now :/

armor and shields:
    (lesser?, "regular", greater, superior) warding; wariness (not sure of tiers for this); bolstering and buttressing.
    Last edited by jonqrandom; 10-10-2013 at 08:06 AM. Reason: forgot wariness
    http://captiongenerator.com/8795/ddo-u20changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Having a clue about what you're talking about is not a prerequisite of posting on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Think of it as trolling by not trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by jonqrandom View Post
    weapons:
    (lesser,greater,virulent) poison, and i think slicing winds is missing. also the "cold" affix that did, what, 1d4 untyped damage to most mobs and 2d4 to fire-types? i think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, i can't remember the name either right now :/
    As I've mentioned before several times in this thread, the devs have spoken on this issue and supposedly there are plans in the works to add in these types of enhancements later, so technically they are not gone and forgotten, so I don't think they belong on this list.

Quote Originally Posted by jonqrandom View Post
    armor and shields:
    (lesser?, "regular", greater, superior) warding; wariness (not sure of tiers for this); bolstering and buttressing.
    Do you mean stability, greater stability and superior stability? Those are certainly gone, but still available in Cannith Crafting. I will add them in. Wariness and its higher-level versions were supposedly rolled into enhancements like riposte and parrying I believe. Bolstering is on the list. I will add buttressing.

Community Member

what about the on crit blind radiance? i've got a lootgen dagger with that in my bank but a poke about the AH last night revealed no repeaters with it on. i didn't wade through all the melee weapons as a quick glance at the first page was throwing up the spell related version. now that is a useful suffix if ever there was one and i can't recall hearing about it's removal, well, beside the dev quote already linked of course.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Quote Originally Posted by samthedagger View Post
    On Lamannia, I asked a dev about this in devchat. Bane weapons in general are gone for good. Ghostbane is the primary exception. And you can also still craft them with Cannith Crafting. The rationale was that they were so limited in usefulness that too many players simply discarded them. And the players on Lamannia seemed to agree with that assessment.
    Obviously I was not on Lamannia

While I agree with regard to plain banes , I always considered greater banes to be among the greatest weapon suffixes. A [no prefix] of greater bane is ML 6 or 8, devastating at those levels. With a synergistic prefix, such as Weakening of Greater Aberration Bane, it outperforms greensteel. Just a few days ago my mule dug up an Axiomatic longbow of Greater Monstrous Humanoid Bane for my ranger 21 -- to use against yuan-ti in the Underdark.

Yes GB's can be crafted, but crafted weapons are BtC and cannot accept Risia rituals, whereas lootgen GB's had no such limitations. Besides, they end up bloody expensive, at least the better ones. I paid 150k for a Flawless siberys dragonshard to make (for the same ranger) Flaming Burst longbow of Greater Dragon Bane. Well, at least in this case current system paid off a bit -- I deconstructed a bow with a red slot, and put ruby of flame into it, to go with Flaming Burst. Still, BtC is a big minus.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Default And another polite bump -- hoping for FoS or anyone(a dev) to comment

And another polite bump -- hoping for FoS or anyone(a dev) to comment.

If we could please get filled in on what is going on behind the scenes/some communication would be nice on the reasoning's and why & what's your trying to accomplish etc.

Asking nicely/politely/sincerely it would be very much greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! :P! ! ! Cheers!

I can confirm that everbright is no longer generating. It is still possible to craft them via Cannith Crafting, but they are no longer generated as random loot. I did a search of the entire AH for everbright and only came up with 5 items, none of which had new prefixes on them. For that matter, they were all fairly useless items to have everbright on in the first place, like a crossbow and handwraps. So it is safe to say the old stashes of these items (out of those willing to sell them) have been bought out and they are no longer generating.
    I pity the new players unable to get Muckbanes. For now, I guess they will have to content themselves with Ghostbane…

Devs have said that these types of enhancements will be coming back in some form or fashion as soon as they can update them to the new loot system. It seems they focused on heroic loot tables and are working on epic loot tables and special item affixes for a future update TBD. Whether or not we will get the combos of several enhancements in one like before is still up in the air as the devs have been mum on what these new affixes will actually look like. If you ask me, it is probably sitting on a whiteboard somewhere and not even at the coding stage yet.

For what it is worth, you can still craft it.
    This is the part I don’t get.

They can tier elemental effects, and even stuff like Solar, but they can’t tier everything else? That just doesn’t wash. Add to this crafting, which is not tiered at all.

Either someone is floating a big, live trial balloon, or a bunch of people are taking some substances on the shady side of legal. Either way you slice it, the inconsistency of it all reeks of fail.

And I bet if you ask really nicely on the advice channel some high-level crafter would be happy to make you the unbound shards in exchange for the ingredients. As for the banes, I did speak with the devs in-game on Lamannia about the banes missing and they said they have no intention of bringing them back at this point as they were considered too specialized to be broadly useful for most players. Regarding bursts, those are gone (and probably not coming back) and replaced with the new roman numeral system for weapon enhancements. I would have to dredge up a months old post from Lamannia to find it, but I do recall this specifically being addressed.
    “Broadly useful?” What, Greater Giant Bane is too niche of a weapon to use in Gianthold?!?

Dragonbane is not broadly useful? It is one of the few high-level beater weapons I craft, as is Holy of Evil Outsider Bane. I’m almost religious about making those.

Who are the people making these decisions?!

Do you mean stability, greater stability and superior stability? Those are certainly gone, but still available in Cannith Crafting. I will add them in. Wariness and its higher-level versions were supposedly rolled into enhancements like riposte and parrying I believe. Bolstering is on the list. I will add buttressing.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Warding

btw, this is an old suit of half-plate that used to be the old frost guard. it's been updated apparently.

oh, and are you counting soul stealing? i think that's stopped dropping too.
    http://captiongenerator.com/8795/ddo-u20changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Having a clue about what you're talking about is not a prerequisite of posting on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Think of it as trolling by not trolling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast