Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Good questions, susie. My order of importance would be:

1) Bring all level 17+ raids up to ML25 versions to provide an extensive almost-endgame

{snip}

Minimal development time for maximum endgame content increase.
    I strongly suspect we're going to be up to level-cap 30 in the mid-term future, so while I would love to see the old endgame raids brought up to a new endgame level, I don't see any point in ML25 versions. I doubt the development time would be that "minimal", considering how much work they had to put in over the years tweaking the difficulty of some of these raids so people would stop complaining they were too easy/too hard. And that means it would be a lot of effort for a temporary fix.

So, I'd rather see them settle on a new endgame cap first, and then bring the raids up to that level.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Arlannis View Post
    I strongly suspect we're going to be up to level-cap 30 in the mid-term future, so while I would love to see the old endgame raids brought up to a new endgame level, I don't see any point in ML25 versions. I doubt the development time would be that "minimal", considering how much work they had to put in over the years tweaking the difficulty of some of these raids so people would stop complaining they were too easy/too hard. And that means it would be a lot of effort for a temporary fix.

So, I'd rather see them settle on a new endgame cap first, and then bring the raids up to that level.
    No need to strongly suspect it has already been announced that level 30 is planned for late next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Just to give some insight, our next raid (coming out early in 2014) will be balanced to level 30. Lots of dracoliches.

We plan to raise the level cap to 30 at the end of 2014, and keep it there for the extended future.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Meanwhile, if you look, you'll see that, right now, Sorcs have 4 class enhancement trees to choose from, which is 2 MORE than most other classes. And yes, they can only spend points in 2 of those 4 at a time, but that's still the EXACT SAME NUMBER as most other classes, 2 trees they can spend points in.

Now, more variety would be good, for everyone, including Sorcs. But pretending Sorcs are in some especially bad state just isn't true.
    Just noticed this comment, and offhand I disagree with it. "Offhand" because I haven't played a Sorc to high levels and don't consider myself an expert.

Today I went back to my level 5 Sorc for the first time since the update, to check out the enhancement trees. What I saw at first glance really turned me off, badly enough that so far I haven't bothered checking out the trees in any depth. It will probably turn out that the trees contain some interesting features, but it will take some doing to get me to care!

You see, my Sorc's spell hotbars currently contain two fire spells, two ice spells, an acid spell, and a force spell. The experts will probably say that with no elemental focus, this Sorc was never going to amount to much anyway, and that's fair and fine; I wasn't playing her much to begin with, and certainly not to get to high level.

But for a generalist Sorc, there doesn't seem to be anything tree-wise that is appropriate.

My thought is that if the water and fire trees are going to lock each other out the way they do, they should actually be one tree, with a multi-selector choice thingy just like any other enhancement where 'a' locks out 'b' and vice versa. Then the same for the earth and air trees. Then there could be a third tree for... well, something I might actually find interesting.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    No need to strongly suspect it has already been announced that level 30 is planned for late next year.
    See? I was right.

Thanks for quoting that, I'd missed whatever thread it was posted in.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

I am not enjoying this, and am not saying this to take shots or digs at the Devs, but it honestly looks like Shadowfell did more sinking than launching. The small bump in activity as measured by DDOracle was not even within 5000 logins of eGH release, and was 15,000 less than MOTU. Kinda predictable considering the lack of advertizement or even games media mentions on launch day.

Right now it looks like player activity levels are already dropping, and appear to be close to being back to the levels they were the week or two before the update. somewhat above 10,000 logins per day... ~10,000 less than during eGH, and ~20,000 less than during MOTU.

Can the Devs discuss this? I mean you don't have to admit the pack wasn't a huge seller, I get that you can't do that in a company environment. I mean can we honestly discuss the appearance that the game is rapidly losing players, and maybe if anything is being planned as "emergency triage" to try and stop the bleeding? Such as a Server merge, or a quick and dirty revamp of old end game loot and Mob CR's to give us something to do using already existing content, or some other change in design direction (I think BtcoE sellable named items were a mistake on hindsight, and it was something I very much thought I wanted at one point, but I can see how it has lead to far less repetition of content, much quicker satiation of desire for new loot, and thus less LFM's for content. It pains me to admit I was wrong about something I have defended in the past, but I can't come to any other conclussion).

People might not play raids that much, but it appears that they very much need them there around Cap to act as incentive to improve their characters, and grind gear (i.e. continue playing between updates). Without a destination or thing to do at "end game" no ones playing which is exactl what we have right now... a 10 quest 28th level dead end with nothing to do when you get there.

I want to stress that I am not trying to challenge anyone, or call anyone out but at some point a frank and honest discussion of the realities within the game seems warranted.

For starters a non "reboot" (just quick and dirty increases in numerical values) of old end game, and perhaps looking into having a cross server LFM system so the LFM window isn't such a ghost town during off peak hours, might go a long way to improving things.
    Last edited by IronClan; 09-10-2013 at 01:05 AM.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Community Member

please, don't epic any other area.
    i didn't enjoy the epic gianthold that much, since the quests are exactly the same
    and you only grind them again for the loot
    if you had serveral TRs the epic GH is just boring
    cause u get into a 'totally new update' and already know anything, but the raid.

instead you could introduce more places that are heroic/epic from start on
    like the stormhorns or the wheloon stuff, this was really appreciated and brings in more varity into TRs AND epic content

the argument 'epic'ing an old area is giving more varity in TR and epic content' is invalid, since alot of ppl who TR already sucked out the content and just grind it. so they do on epic, not enjoying the runs, but trying to zerg through as fast as possible.

...we have two new dungeons in progress, each with a unique feel. My personal favorite so far is the murder mystery. (These will be free to VIPs.)....
    ...Early next year, we have a raid coming! I just saw the update to the Undead Dwarf Fortress Castle set today. Plans are in motion to build this... multiple bosses....
    Updating Gianthold to Epic was a huge success earlier this year (from community reaction and playtime). We're looking at more spaces we can take to Epic next year..
    ...In the short term, we're going to get you more details about Warpriest and our plans for Reincarnation. Coming soon!....
    Thank you for playing, and enjoy Wheloon and the Stormhorns.
    Thank you for sharing with us what you see actively doing on around you right now.
    That helps us a lot.

For those of you who think this is all that is coming, well read again.
    He said two quests are being worked on as he speaks.
    He said a raid is coming early next year.
    That does not imply there will only be one raid next year, or only two quests in the next months.

Mastery of the English language takes a lifetime.
    Personally, I think he expresses himself quite well, but if I had to choose an English Professor
    doing game coding OR a Computer Expert doing some PR work, well, you know which one I would choose.

Looking forward to the new quests and raid and more bank space.

On a serious note: I am very interested in hearing about Epic TR
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

With Update 20 we have two new dungeons in progress, each with a unique feel. My personal favorite so far is the murder mystery. (These will be free to VIPs.)
    I really do not want to be too pessimistic, but with two adventure packs sold at expansion price last time I am afraid that now two dungeons will be sold at adventure pack price. Pay same price, get less. Bad marketing. But lets see, surprise me turbine/hasbro.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post

Cmon Rowan, throw Sorcerers a bone too.
    You had your time ....... Archers rule U19

Hehe
    " Elize Ryd - Officer @ Band of Gypsys "

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234