Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    WHAT IS THE NEW SORCERER PRE GOING TO BE?

The only class with ONE SINGLE PRE.
    There are, in fact, 13 classes with ZERO PrEs. PrEs are a thing of the past. They were part of the old enhancement system, and disappeared when it did.

Meanwhile, if you look, you'll see that, right now, Sorcs have 4 class enhancement trees to choose from, which is 2 MORE than most other classes. And yes, they can only spend points in 2 of those 4 at a time, but that's still the EXACT SAME NUMBER as most other classes, 2 trees they can spend points in.

Now, more variety would be good, for everyone, including Sorcs. But pretending Sorcs are in some especially bad state just isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    Nice thoughts on Tempest spine and Epic Reaver's Refuge sounds interesting too but it should be different then the quests we have there, even if I like them very much a lot of players may not due to the setup of traps and puzzles. Just doing the same quest we did over and over again now in Epic is kinda boring, no?
    Well, you could say the same for, well, every epic they have ever done except fall of truth. They are all the same quest as their heroic counterpart. And if RR and tempest spine were made epic, I would happily run them over and over again, despite them being the same.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    There are, in fact, 13 classes with ZERO PrEs. PrEs are a thing of the past. They were part of the old enhancement system, and disappeared when it did.

Meanwhile, if you look, you'll see that, right now, Sorcs have 4 class enhancement trees to choose from, which is 2 MORE than most other classes. And yes, they can only spend points in 2 of those 4 at a time, but that's still the EXACT SAME NUMBER as most other classes, 2 trees they can spend points in.

Now, more variety would be good, for everyone, including Sorcs. But pretending Sorcs are in some especially bad state just isn't true.
    Or, they have 1 tree, because it's all just the same garbage copy/paste over for a different element.

It's all in how you look at it, really.

Hero

Incorrect - tree's are all exactly the same except in flavor text and element. That's one tree replicated 4 times.

That's true, but it is kind of boring.

Community Member

Default EE Korthos!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTodd1000x View Post
    EE Korthos, we need a reason to visit again!!! Misery's Peak with not a mob under CR 45!!!!!
    Yep, let us have Misery's peak and fight the dragon - and then the mindsunder and everything he/she can throw at us

Community Member

Default Necro?

What if the Necro I, II, & III series were epified? That pack is broken up into 3 different packs, giving people more reason to buy it, includes a raid with some loot that could use updated. Lots of earning potential for Turbine. I like the idea of updating the Titan raid too. Would bring life back into that area. 3BC would be nice, but I'd like another raid.

EE Shroud lol.. I cant even get a group too do heroic elite .
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Community Member

Exclamation Leave Protection Alone

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Warpriest is an enhancement tree that's coming into being by changing the Protection enhancement tree. Many, but not all, Protection abilities are going away in favor of new enhancements, and the tree is being renamed to Warpriest to reflect it's heavily changed nature. This is all based on feedback from players about the Protection tree.
    Seriously? Now you are going to screw over us Protectors because you could not do the enhancements properly the first time? How about you leave the Protection tree alone and ADD the War Priest ffs?

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    For clerics and FvS, or only clerics?
    This, please tell us that FvS is also getting it. Lots of FvS players speculating on lam and here that because we didn't make as big a stink about protector as clerics that we'll be left with it. There are three things in protector that don't suck. Divine might, elemental resists and arcane encumbrance if it was 3rd tier (like the barb occult slayer version). A little PRR and maybe some other minor stuff would be fine but the protector tree is just woeful. Whoever thought up sanctuary as a core ability need to spend a month pugging

Would love to see epic Necropolis, (drooling over Epic Deathnips (Or deathgouge?) very D&D part of the game. Also restless isle and shroud.

You guys shouldn't feel like you have to do a full reboot of old raids, You could loot polish and upgrade mob CR's and many of us would be thrilled to,just have old endgame re-done "quick and dirty" to make them relevant again, while we wait (a year!) For a new raids.

Also please do undermountain Diablo-like random/procedural dieing for something non-meta-gamey to do in DDO.
    Last edited by IronClan; 09-07-2013 at 09:05 PM.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    DUDE! Let's try slowing down the changes for a while. I've barely had time enough to consider the current possibilities. Poor Ron H. and friends are trying their best to code this stuff into the Planner. Perhaps the community would appreciate not having to hit a moving target for just a few minutes.
    Well, simply no. The entire community railed against devs not giving us Warpriest and filling Protection tree with trash enhancements.
    As varg stated, it's a change based on community feedback.
    Maybe it won't please the entire community, but surely it's wanted by its majority.

This is one of the most "I don't know what I'm talking about" post I've ever read. Posters above me are correct. Sorcerers have ONE PrEs with 4 different element. ONE PrE. FOUR elements. They are ALL the same (except a couple enhancements ). Plus, you can select max TWO of those trees because the others will be locked out.

ONE PRE. FOUR elements. TWO max.

They are not in some especially bad state (enhancements-wise talking). They are in the WORST state right now.

Also, the fact that "there are ZERO PrEs" is even more wrong. We still have PrEs. They are just in a different format and layout. You have absolutely no idea what is going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

I'm gonna throw out the same suggestion I have ever since epic desert quests were released- Epic Titan!!!

I also would love a serious and honest response from Producer Rowan or one of the developers about why we are getting so little new content. In the early years of this game, before ftp (ptw), we got updates nearly every month. Nearly all of these had multiple quests (my favorite was invaders/relic).
    Once every few months we would get big updates (mods) with lots of quests and a raid. For example, in 2006 we got Velah, Tiatn, Demon Queen. In 2007, Gianthold and Abbott. In 2008, Shroud, Hound, and VOD.

Then FTP began. In 2009 TOD. In 2010 the only new raid was Chronoscope, although we got several old raids epic-ified. 2011 saw LOB, Master Artificer. 2012 CITW, 2013- FOT.

Now we are talking about being excited for 2 quests over the next 3-4 months? With the hope of ONE raid per year? I assume, since you all have been milking it so hard, and since so many other games have followed your strategy, that you are making good money off of us. So where is the content development?
    Last edited by Shmuel; 09-08-2013 at 09:37 AM.
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    I also would love a serious and honest response from Producer Rowan or one of the developers about why we are getting so little new content. In the early years of this game, before ftp (ptw), we got updates nearly every month. Nearly all of these had multiple quests (my favorite was invaders/relic).
    Once every few months we would get big updates (mods) with lots of quests and a raid. For example, in 2006 we got Velah, Tiatn, Demon Queen. In 2007, Gianthold and Abbott. In 2008, Shroud, Hound, and VOD.

Then FTP began. In 2009 TOD. In 2010 the only new raid was Chronoscope, although we got several old raids epic-ified. 2011 saw LOB, Master Artificer. 2012 CITW, 2013- FOT.

Now we are talking about being excited for 2 quests over the next 3-4 months? With the hope of ONE raid per year? I assume, since you all have been milking it so hard, and since so many other games have followed your strategy, that you are making good money off of us. So where is the content development?
    so true words, Shmuel! totally agree =((

btw, my suggestion is to make epic from Amrath (epic ToD)
    "I shall take your position into consideration. Well, it seems your terms are not acceptable." (c) Baal
    Argonnessen :: Marche Funebre (200) : Leningradets / Zapasnoy / Grimstave / Rockernaut / Dociznogoud / Feldshaman

First of all, I wanted to say I like the fact that I feel there is more activity in regards to letting us know what is planned and such then there was in the past (to already counter the "this is not true-sayers" this is my feeling)
    also building out any Eberron content like Amrath and giving me the sliver hope that maybe a new continent will be opened up will be very much appreciated.(and a even greater wish to see a psionic class)
    Making certain content epic like you did Gianthold would be appreciated a lot by the community I would guess looking at feedback on that.
    finally I now that with new pack, enhancement and probably new money making strategy (which is normal that any company should have) it might be normal that less content was made when you compare it to the early years. But I would advise:
    1.to pick up on this again
    2.keep listening to your usercommunity.
    3.last and hardest don't be afraid to be honest to us. If you had some options and decide to pick on that is a better balance between revenue and giving us something new, then do tell so. It is users knowing so and your side being mum about it that annoys everyone this much.(or at least in my case this is usually true)

All the development man-hours apparently are going to re-doing the enhancements and Epic Reincarnation. My questions for the players are these:

1. Would you rather see NEW content(not epicced old content) or Epic reincarnation?

2. Would you rather see new raids or new 6 player content next?

3. Would you rather see new content or epicced old content?

My answers are these:

1. New content
    2. Raids
    3. New content

I liked the pre-expansion method of getting new packs every 3-4 months. I don't mind paying for expansions(I have a premium account, so I will be paying either way.) But, I want something shiny and new to see and do on a fairly regular basis.
    Last edited by susiedupfer; 09-09-2013 at 06:36 AM.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Good questions, susie. My order of importance would be:

1) Bring all level 17+ raids up to ML25 versions to provide an extensive almost-endgame
    2) Add new quests
    3) Add new raids to provide a true endgame
    4) Epic TR

For example, if alchemical items gave 120 spellpower plus maybe an extra augment slot or two, they would be perfectly viable caster sticks IMO. Maybe that glaciation set from (VOD? HOX? I forget) could be a nice endgame water savant set, and surely ML25 versions of the levik's set could be sweet for tanks.

ML25 greensteel? *drool*

ML25 abishai set? Yes please!

ML25 marilith chain, sure, why not.

ML25 TOD sets, now we're talking.

Minimal development time for maximum endgame content increase.

Community Member WilliamBraveheart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paleus View Post
    My personal horse in the race on this one would be to epify F2P content and make the epic version of the content purchased.

For example, epify a lot of the F2P in House J in a connected storyline (Redwillows, Tempest Spine, Xoriat, Insanity). I threw out a story board on that in a thread a while ago. Epify the storm-reach assault chain, half of that is F2P, half isnt, add on a third final part to it and you've got some added production time on making new things, recycle old things, and still have items people haven't bought if they need to buy the first part. Or heck, epify the Depths quests, but add on one final quest in that where things get crazier (oh god, no, I know what they'd do they'd connect it to the Pit somehow. Epic Pit....shudders).
    Epic pit sounds Awesome!! add a couple of pit fiends and you got lots of fun!

Lookin for sumthin to kill!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Warpriest is an enhancement tree that's coming into being by changing the Protection enhancement tree. Many, but not all, Protection abilities are going away in favor of new enhancements, and the tree is being renamed to Warpriest to reflect it's heavily changed nature. This is all based on feedback from players about the Protection tree.
    Ah fair enough thanks for the information

Stoner81.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast