Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Is Warpriest a new class or is it a PrE?
    Warpriest is an enhancement tree that's coming into being by changing the Protection enhancement tree. Many, but not all, Protection abilities are going away in favor of new enhancements, and the tree is being renamed to Warpriest to reflect it's heavily changed nature. This is all based on feedback from players about the Protection tree.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Right on!

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Amrath? Yeah - epify it but make the epic quests and raid unique and not just 'return' but with epic numbers.
    I like the fact the Epic GH raid is different from the Heroic one.

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Thank you very much for keeping us posted.

Please, please don't forget those of us who don't routinely reincarnate. Please don't disadvantage us.

I build very slow and am very hesitant to have to go through all that again!

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    We're looking at more spaces we can take to Epic next year, but that comes after committed things like the raid I just mentioned.
    The two biggest ones... I would go so far as to beg you for... would be epic shroud (please please let me epicify my ooze 2 weapons, they are the biggest reason I continue to play, and I don't do much epic because of how outclassed they are in dps in epic content.) And tempest spine.

While my reasons for wanting an epic shroud are entirely selfish (although I would still bet money that it would be extremely popular), I reccomend tempest spine for far more altruistic reasons. The first is that it is a F2P raid... the only one. Having an epic F2P raid, that is already familiar (for the most part), and many many vets who are happy to use it for teaching runs, go epic might just help kick-start more timid players into trying out more epic content. Raids can be intimidating to newbies, and tempest spine is one of the freindliest and the (in my opinion) most loved raids. I have filled groups (recently) quickly with nothing but people who needed nothing from it and were just running it for the fun.

While you are epicifying tempest spine you could also epicify reaver's refuge. Those two would give us the entire stormreaver storyline epic, and maybe sell many many reaver's refuge packs for you. I can tell you many hardcore gamers (many of them that I have spoken too anyway) would have wet dreams about facing off against EE Lich Sorjek. And those who like to customize there gear to their own taste rather than just being stuck with the designer's idea's would dearly love to have access to epic dragon-touched armor.

If you are seeking the title of most hated descision make, then I reccomending epicfying library of threnal (you know the soubnd of the lamentations this announcement would make would be like sweet sweet music to your evil diabolical ears.)
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 09-06-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grailhawk View Post
    I think there more likely to update Amrath it being in a different plan from Eberron would lets them connect it to the Realms some how.

Shroud, VoD, and Hound updated in with the Vale would be better cool though.
    I, like others, would rather see Amrath expanded. In fact, when MOTU was announced as an expansion, I said the next expansion should be to finish the Amarth storyline. As an expansion, it should be something that most DDO players would scramble to see more of. The current quests stay heroic with no Epic upgrade (except maybe the raid).

The new Amrath quests could extend to different story cycles. The first cycle would be the current quests where players have disrupted the order of balance in Amrath by destroying the Devil army. The second cycle of quests would be Demons dominating Amrath and players must destroy their army. The third cycle of quest would be the Mad Archon escaping and players must destroy the Angel army. A possible forth cycle would be the return of Harry who unites the Devil again and tries to dominate Amrath since all sides are weak now.

I'm not sure about others, but that's an Expansion I'd like to see happen. A repeat of what we got with the Shadowfell, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Warpriest is an enhancement tree that's coming into being by changing the Protection enhancement tree.
    DUDE! Let's try slowing down the changes for a while. I've barely had time enough to consider the current possibilities. Poor Ron H. and friends are trying their best to code this stuff into the Planner. Perhaps the community would appreciate not having to hit a moving target for just a few minutes.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Epic three-barrel cove. Make it happen turbine.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

We're looking at more spaces we can take to Epic next year, but that comes after committed things like the raid I just mentioned.
    Restless Isles and Reaver’s Refuge.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Default What about the Bugs?

What about all the bugged/broken enhancements? Where are they in the list?

Namely= Ninja Spy Capstone not increasing shuriken crit range by 2 as indicated. (displays increased crit range, combat long shows only crit confirmation rolls on 20, or 19-20 with improved crit feat).
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I'd rather see another Amrath Story. Harry isn't dead yet, he needs to die. Perhaps have him working with Lolth or something on a plot to get revenge on us for foiling their plans.

Just get better voice actors this time, the voice-acting in CiTW is . . . let's just say I've seen better acting in snuff-films.

EGH > Shadowfell. Don't get me wrong Shadowfell is a good pack but EE GH is just magical. The DDO Oracle numbers paint this picture quite well.

it's also less costly to epify a pack than make a new one (correct me if I'm wrong) . . . but then again you can't sell it again.

Also Eberon "feels" like home, FR feels like that place we visit. if they want the FR to feel like a players home they MUST put a guildhall in Eveningstar.
    totally agree with Amrath. there is just so much that could be done there to continue the story and i think its one of the best packs in the game funwise and storywise. it would be a shame to see it drop off like other packs have. Vale actually makes the most sense to me only because that's what the majority of what ive seen on the forums would like to epicfy. i wouldn't complain about that one getting epicfied because i rank that up there too as one of the best packs in the game.

Warpriest is an enhancement tree that's coming into being by changing the Protection enhancement tree. Many, but not all, Protection abilities are going away in favor of new enhancements, and the tree is being renamed to Warpriest to reflect it's heavily changed nature. This is all based on feedback from players about the Protection tree.
    For clerics and FvS, or only clerics?
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Default Epic Titan Please

Hello all! Shadowfell Conspiracy is launched, and I want to give you an update on what's coming next.

With Update 20 we have two new dungeons in progress, each with a unique feel. My personal favorite so far is the murder mystery. (These will be free to VIPs.)

Early next year, we have a raid coming! I just saw the update to the Undead Dwarf Fortress Castle set today. Plans are in motion to build this... multiple bosses.

Updating Gianthold to Epic was a huge success earlier this year (from community reaction and playtime). We're looking at more spaces we can take to Epic next year, but that comes after committed things like the raid I just mentioned.

In the short term, we're going to get you more details about Warpriest and our plans for Reincarnation. Coming soon!

Thank you for playing, and enjoy Wheloon and the Stormhorns.
    Might I suggest Epic Titan! This poor raid never gets ran anymore since the loot is relatively obsolete but would be be fun on Epic.

Then over-haul the Demon Sands and Raid to have a raid loot system like the one currently in-place for CITW and FOT. Allow raid loot to be updated to remain current and encourage more running of the existing raids. Also, Epic Tempest Spine for all us old timers who ran this raid when the game first came out.
    Charater Names: Jeryle, Jerforged, Gerforged, Raybur, Rayber, Raibur, Marreth, Merreth
    Classes Played: Thief Acrobat, Ftr, Barbarian, Cleric, FVS, Caster, Bard, & Monk
    Member of Synergia

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vengenance View Post
    Might I suggest Epic Titan! This poor raid never gets ran anymore since the loot is relatively obsolete but would be be fun on Epic.

Then over-haul the Demon Sands and Raid to have a raid loot system like the one currently in-place for CITW and FOT. Allow raid loot to be updated to remain current and encourage more running of the existing raids. Also, Epic Tempest Spine for all us old timers who ran this raid when the game first came out.
    I agree that the Titan raid should be on the fast track to Epic.

As for the Demon Sands, I disagree. I think upgrading much of the loot and making Epic loot drop like all post-MOTU loot would be the right move for Demon Sands though. Personally, I'd like to see a pack or even expansion that explorers more of the Demon Sands. We got a whole public canyon that can be filled with quests or entrances to more wilderness areas.

*edit* Ugh. I forgot to mention that the Demon Sands could also use a EGH facelift when it comes to the wilderness.

Always like to hear new stuff is coming out!

Will it just be a raid or a whole pack of quests with a raid?
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    ...Also I'm going to take this opportunity to make another plug for Epic Sharn Syndicate levels with raid...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTodd1000x View Post
    EE Korthos, we need a reason to visit again!!! Misery's Peak with not a mob under CR 45!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I'd rather see another Amrath Story. Harry isn't dead yet, he needs to die. Perhaps have him working with Lolth or something on a plot to get revenge on us for foiling their plans...
    Actually also could be EPIC 3BC or Restles Isle

Regarding Amrath, I like TOD, however the zone is rather dull and lifeless. I mean they did really well to give a unique sentiment to each region, but I have the impression I will get depressive if I stay there too long. regarding the stories, theer are several story lines that are still open. What happened to the Droaam invasion for example and maybe we can explore a bit into Khorvaire?

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    That all sounds great.. But what about things that affect us today? How about an update about what you working on in the patches? ... No wonder every other item that drops in the game is "ghostbane".
    Yes the random-gen loot is serious broken, every second weapon now is 'ghostbane'. Nothing wrong with this effect, but I miss Lacerating, Pandemonium, Incineration, Tempestuous etc. which dropped before U19 but now seem to be entirely gone!
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

I was expecting more details about Epic TR if that's still scheduled for Update 20.

Any idea when we can expect more info?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    ...I reccomend tempest spine for far more altruistic reasons. The first is that it is a F2P raid... the only one. Having an epic F2P raid, that is already familiar (for the most part), and many many vets who are happy to use it for teaching runs, go epic might just help kick-start more timid players into trying out more epic content...

While you are epicifying tempest spine you could also epicify reaver's refuge. Those two would give us the entire stormreaver storyline epic, and maybe sell many many reaver's refuge packs for you...
    Nice thoughts on Tempest spine and Epic Reaver's Refuge sounds interesting too but it should be different then the quests we have there, even if I like them very much a lot of players may not due to the setup of traps and puzzles. Just doing the same quest we did over and over again now in Epic is kinda boring, no?
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

I'd love to see epic Tempest's Spine! I'm hopeful that by 'multiple bosses' in the undead dwarf fortress you mean sequentially with trash in between rather than simultaneously. Like in Tempest's Spine and CiTW.

Simultaneous multiple bosses usually smell like kiting and tanking everything but the one the party dps is focusing on at the moment - which like FoT though I do, as a repeat formula it wouldn't be that thrilling. Can be done properly though, as in Shroud pt 2 (and WoW's Four Horsemen battle in Naxxramas. Yes, yes sacrilege.).

Another pack I'd happily see epicified is Vale. I worry about Restless Isles in that there are 0 short quests. Desert has the odd marathon in eCoF and sometimes Wiz King, but Restless Isles is all about quests and raids that will probably eat an hour of real time.

That's cool, but there's a reason I've only run WGU twice. Well two reasons, the others being that it's hard for me.

If you do epicify Restless Isles please consider epicifying some shorter quests from another pack or f2p content to go along with it. Like Vale!
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Glad I could help

Community Member

Early next year, we have a raid coming! I just saw the update to the Undead Dwarf Fortress Castle set today. Plans are in motion to build this... multiple bosses.
    As Deathdefy mentioned, simultaneous multiple bosses feels alot like FoT. Maybe the multiple bosses mentioned are spread out like in Chronoscope. However, there could be three alternatives:

1) The end of the raid could be like Genesis Point or Litany of the Dead, where players get to choose which end fight that they get to fight.
    2) There's multiple end bosses that may appear at the end of the raid, but which boss players encounter is completely random. So if there are 4 bosses, there's a 25% chance on which boss will appear at the end of the raid.
    3) There's also a chance of mixing of #2 and Chronoscope. There are multiple bosses throughout the raid, but they don't necessarily always appear in the same order. Using Chronoscope as an example, we could have a 50% chance of encountering Blood Plate in the STK sewers and Razor Arm in the bank.

My gut feeling is we might end up with a FoT repeat though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast