Default The Feral Cleric

I was recently talking to an old friend of mine while smacking him around in the Wayward Lobster pvp pit when he had some questions about my current build. Due to him asking me to post on the forums and having multiple people beforehand ask about it, I decided I'll post here.

Forewarning, this build currently is not fully geared nor up to level 25, which I plan to stay for a while as I do not have the expansion.

Since my character planner is out of date I am attempting to post what I did based on memory alone.

Build Summary: Wisdom based melee/casting DPS, with excellent survival/utility capabilities. Possibly able to raid heal(yet to test this out)

Pyrerose, the Mother of Life
    Lawful Neutral Human
    36 pt build - 2 Cleric past lives and 1 Fighter past life.
    17 Druid/2 Monk/1 Fighter

Beginning ability scores:
    14 Strength +3 Tome
    10 Dexterity +2 Tome
    16 Constitution +2 Tome
    10 Intelligence +2 Tome
    18 Wisdom +4 Tome
    8 Charisma +2 Tome

Level ups ability increases: Level 4,8,12 go to Strength, 16,20,24 to Wisdom
    Skills: Maximize Concentration, Heal, Spellcraft. Extra points go to UMD and Balance, at least one full point goes to Tumble.

Level/Feat PlanAdmittedly, I didn't plan this out much!)

1 - Monk
    Feats: Toughness, Power Attack(Monk Bonus), Least Dragonmark of Passage
    2 - Druid
    3 - Monk
    Feat: Stunning Fist(Monk Bonus), Empower Healing Spell
    4 - Druid
    Feat: Wild Shape - Wolf
    5 - Druid
    6 - Druid
    Feat: Quicken Spell
    7 - Druid
    Feat: Wild Shape - Bear
    8 - Druid
    9 - Druid. This is where I started being weird. Couldn't figure out what to pick feat wise so I decided to try out something new with U19.
    Feat: Adept of Forms
    10 - Druid
    Feat: Wild Shape - Winter Wolf
    11 - Druid
    12 - Fighter
    Feats: Natural Fighting, Improved Critical: Bludgeon(Fighter Bonus)
    Levels 13-20 are Druid.
    15 Feat - Master of Forms
    18 Feat - Natural Fighting
    21 Feat - Grandmaster of Forms
    24 Feat - Maximize Spell

Main Destiny - Grandmaster of Flowers.

So there you have it... the Feral Cleric. I am not totally done with this build but I can, and will give some insight into how it is currently playing at level 22.
    So far in Water Stance I am able to reach a 59 Stunning Fist DC with the Grave Wrappings, and my saves are 41 Fortitude, 33 Reflex, and 48 Will with my current set up in Grandmaster of Flowers, keeping in mind I am *not* using a + dexterity item at this moment. Right now I am performing as what could be considered a jack of all trades, minus the ability to do traps. I can heal decently well, perform adequate melee damage, do crowd control, and throw out a bit of spell damage as well, although not that much. I am hoping to eventually try my hand as a raid healer, as I was a healer for 3 lives before this(fighter PL was from the free LR) and I believe I may have what it takes to do so.

I consider this build to be mostly built for leveling as I have serious doubts about its ability to perform in EE content, but with the combination of evasion, melee dps, crowd control, half-decent spells, and Dimension Door/Greater Heroism through the human racial tree(with dragonmark of course); it made leveling incredibly easy on me. So if you're looking to go for completionist and need to kick out a Druid life, I definitely recommend trying it out!
    Server: Khyber
    Completionist!
    Life #26: Honey I Shrunk the Warlock - Pure 20 Warlock

Community Member

14 Strength +3 Tome
    10 Dexterity +2 Tome
    16 Constitution +2 Tome
    10 Intelligence +2 Tome
    18 Wisdom +4 Tome
    8 Charisma +2 Tome

Couldn't you do
    16 Strength +3 Tome
    16 Wisdom +4 Tome
    Level ups ability increases: Level 4 goes to Strength, 8,12,16,20,24 to Wisdom and save 2 build points for very little change?

(Fixed)

Your original ends with Str17+3 tome, and your wisdom21+4 tome after levels.
    This ends with Str17+3 tome, and your wisdom21+4tome after levels.

They're identical, but Str16/Wis16 costs 2 build points less than Str14/Wis18
    Last edited by CE2JRH123; 09-06-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    Thelanis: Ikeren --- Paladin, Life 2 (Past Life: Cleric). Dylas --- Cleric late teens, Life 1.

Quote Originally Posted by CE2JRH123 View Post
    14 Strength +3 Tome
    10 Dexterity +2 Tome
    16 Constitution +2 Tome
    10 Intelligence +2 Tome
    18 Wisdom +4 Tome
    8 Charisma +2 Tome

Couldn't you do
    16 Strength +3 Tome
    16 Wisdom +4 Tome
    Level ups ability increases: Level 4,8,12,16,20 go to Strength, 24 to Wisdom and save 2 build points for very little change?
    I believe you mean 4 goes to str, rest go to wis? (+2 starting str, thus 2 less level ups into str)

Well as stated it's wisdom based... I wanted maximum wisdom while not totally avoiding strength. Starting with 16 in both would perhaps make it a little more balanced, but it would also mean less wisdom which = lower DCs for both my spells and monk/Grandmaster of Flowers abilities which I wouldn't want.

As I said though, I did a lot of this as I went along. The original plan was to put every point when leveling into strength, but when I hit 16 I realized I wanted to have a bit more wisdom. Since posting this, I've obtained a +4 strength tome as well which has evened out my strength.

I think mostly why I posted this was that I was looking for peoples' opinions on feats. I personally believed I could have made some better choices, and that the 3 feats put towards Grandmaster of Forms could have been better spent. Albeit, having the combination of the stances allows me to better alter my set up depending on which role I'm needed in. Air for pure melee DPS, Earth for the rare times I'm needed to tank, and Water for general.
    Server: Khyber
    Completionist!
    Life #26: Honey I Shrunk the Warlock - Pure 20 Warlock

Community Member

Sorry, that's what I get for posting late at night. Soul is right.

@Chaos: You misunderstand, perhaps because I miswrote it. You can save 2 build points and end up with identical stats by reducing wisdom and increasing strength at creation and putting levels up into wisdom.
    Thelanis: Ikeren --- Paladin, Life 2 (Past Life: Cleric). Dylas --- Cleric late teens, Life 1.