Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Community Member jigawtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    30

    Question Returning to game after a year or so...

    It's been awhile and there seem to have been many change to DDO since I last played. I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to summarize the recent additions and major changes that have been implemented in the last year. Things like "free dice roll", astral shards, and maybe forgotten realms things...

  2. #2
    Community Member Stoner81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,473

    Default

    In the past year there have been drastic changes to the game and by drastic I mean "very different from the game you remember", so I would say to you roll up a character and get playing and see what you find

    Stoner81.

    PS - Welcome back to the game

  3. #3
    Community Member jigawtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    In the past year there have been drastic changes to the game and by drastic I mean "very different from the game you remember", so I would say to you roll up a character and get playing and see what you find

    Stoner81.

    PS - Welcome back to the game
    Guess I'm gonna roll up a wizard or an arti and see where things take me. It's amazing how great this game is after so much time... It seemed almost inevitable

  4. #4
    Community Member Turtlsdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    332

    Default

    I suggest ddowiki.com to check out info about the changes, there is a lot of them btw.

    Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Hi,
    This is where we are now. Ride the walrus, or drown in its wake
    Thanks.

  5. #5
    Community Member Stoner81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jigawtz View Post
    Guess I'm gonna roll up a wizard or an arti and see where things take me. It's amazing how great this game is after so much time... It seemed almost inevitable
    Arti is pure win especially at low levels you just mow everything down like there is no tomorrow with the repeating crossbow

    Stoner81.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jigawtz View Post
    It's been awhile and there seem to have been many change to DDO since I last played. I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to summarize the recent additions and major changes that have been implemented in the last year. Things like "free dice roll", astral shards, and maybe forgotten realms things...
    The biggest change you'll have to learn is the new enhancement system, which brought a lot more active abilities in. Everything else I think you can pick up just from playing it through, reading the Wiki, etc. Its not fundamentally different, just new stuff mostly.

    Arti is a good character to try new stuff out with, especially if you're Warforged so you can self-heal. I'd actually recommend taking 1 level of Arti, then 6 of Ranger, then the rest in Arti....Ranger gets better archery skills in their Deepwoods Sniper line, and new Artis are going to lean on their repeaters a lot more. Other than that, you can probably figure everything out

    If you really don't like a repeater build and want more of a caster, you can re-roll once you feel you have the hang of the new Enhancement System. Pure Artis have some good SLAs now that help them compete with Wiz and Sorcs as pure casters

  7. #7
    Community Member jigawtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    The biggest change you'll have to learn is the new enhancement system, which brought a lot more active abilities in. Everything else I think you can pick up just from playing it through, reading the Wiki, etc. Its not fundamentally different, just new stuff mostly.

    Arti is a good character to try new stuff out with, especially if you're Warforged so you can self-heal. I'd actually recommend taking 1 level of Arti, then 6 of Ranger, then the rest in Arti....Ranger gets better archery skills in their Deepwoods Sniper line, and new Artis are going to lean on their repeaters a lot more. Other than that, you can probably figure everything out

    If you really don't like a repeater build and want more of a caster, you can re-roll once you feel you have the hang of the new Enhancement System. Pure Artis have some good SLAs now that help them compete with Wiz and Sorcs as pure casters
    This is great, even though I can start at level 4 I'm going to go through Korthos just for the fun of it, the new enhancement system seems interesting, a bit graphically more like other MMO's but I understand the appeal.

    My only trouble now is choosing a class! (I miss this type of indecision), Arty... Wizard...Bard...FvS... Gah! Maybe I should finally experiment and work out a synergistic multiclass...

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jigawtz View Post
    This is great, even though I can start at level 4 I'm going to go through Korthos just for the fun of it, the new enhancement system seems interesting, a bit graphically more like other MMO's but I understand the appeal.

    My only trouble now is choosing a class! (I miss this type of indecision), Arty... Wizard...Bard...FvS... Gah! Maybe I should finally experiment and work out a synergistic multiclass...
    You can start at L4 and still go to Korthos anyway, do all that content, and have a few Action Points to play around with. You're just giving away free XP by starting at 1, basically

  9. #9
    Community Member jigawtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    You can start at L4 and still go to Korthos anyway, do all that content, and have a few Action Points to play around with. You're just giving away free XP by starting at 1, basically
    Dude, that's awesome.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    The biggest change you'll have to learn is the new enhancement system, which brought a lot more active abilities in. Everything else I think you can pick up just from playing it through, reading the Wiki, etc. Its not fundamentally different, just new stuff mostly.

    Arti is a good character to try new stuff out with, especially if you're Warforged so you can self-heal. I'd actually recommend taking 1 level of Arti, then 6 of Ranger, then the rest in Arti....Ranger gets better archery skills in their Deepwoods Sniper line, and new Artis are going to lean on their repeaters a lot more. Other than that, you can probably figure everything out

    If you really don't like a repeater build and want more of a caster, you can re-roll once you feel you have the hang of the new Enhancement System. Pure Artis have some good SLAs now that help them compete with Wiz and Sorcs as pure casters
    Blast Rod and Lightning Sphere SLA are pure WIN..
    Zaphear(Completionist), Lugziurious, Lugzmeat Shield, Lugzii, Lugziii, Lugzsing Measong - De Profundis

  11. #11
    Community Member Havok.cry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sarcasm Inc., Sarlona Branch
    Posts
    3,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaphear View Post
    blast rod and lightning sphere sla are pure win..
    QFT. Better than an air savant's SLAs by a large margin in my opinion.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload