Default Green Steel description box too big

Love how when you hover over an item it lists the features in a box.

The trouble though with GS items is that the box doesn't fit the page. Have tried refining the text size but on a 1440x900 screen no joy, then try it with twin Dwarven axes, whilst you are trying to highlight the features of another weapon ... no joy.

is there an option to lock down the size. I've looked under options and nothing jumps out at me
    Regards,

Nick C.
    (Trap Monkey)

Quote Originally Posted by Nico42 View Post
    Love how when you hover over an item it lists the features in a box.

The trouble though with GS items is that the box doesn't fit the page. Have tried refining the text size but on a 1440x900 screen no joy, then try it with twin Dwarven axes, whilst you are trying to highlight the features of another weapon ... no joy.

is there an option to lock down the size. I've looked under options and nothing jumps out at me
    While not exactly what you may be looking for.....under UI settings, there's a check box to minimize item descriptions....this will take each paragraph or item effect and then list just the name, so on a Lit2 green steel for example it may say:

Holy
    shocking burst
    etc.

without saying what each of these are.....the benefit is the screen takes up much less space, but then you have to know what those things are for it to all make sense. For new items or for descriptions you may not be familiar with and want to read the description, making the screen smaller may be more hassle than its worth.
    Agro - Paryan, Pary, Parrii, Parriahh
    Bringers of Darkness

Were they not clickable at one point so you could manually collapse the descriptions on a weapon I can't seem to do it now.

Stoner81.

Community Member

I agree, this is a pain in the butt. Every time I want to see the description of a weapon I looted, I have to un-equip my GS repeater to do so.

Aes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Istaria1 View Post
    I agree, this is a pain in the butt. Every time I want to see the description of a weapon I looted, I have to un-equip my GS repeater to do so.

Aes.
    Agreed, after this many years the devs have to come up with a solution... I just don't think they care; I think they think that the 'short descriptions' 'fix' is enough.

It is not.

Please fix this devs, so that you can stop me from thinking, 30-40 times a day when I check new weapons, "Man, I wish these devs had a clue, and could fix some of the OLD issues, so, right - un-equip, mark as vendor trash, re-equip, something about not being able to program themselves out of a paper bag, oh heck, ANOTHER chest with a weapon I'd like to check? 10 PRINT OMG; 20 GOTO 10".

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Granted! Greensteel items now only have the basic +5 effect, making them far easier to read on-screen

...wait, this isn't the corrupt-a-wish thread?
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

No fix is required. Use the option to minimize the descriptions, press 'z' (examine), and lock the examine window if needed. hover over the minimized descriptors to see their detail text. All the tools that you require for full functionality are there.

edit: cool. I retract the laziness comment.
    Last edited by BOgre; 09-12-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    No fix is required. Use the option to minimize the descriptions, press 'z' (examine), and lock the examine window if needed. hover over the minimized descriptors to see their detail text. All the tools that you require for full functionality are there, if you're not too lazy to use them.
    Thanks for this. In my case it wasn't laziness, it was ignorance coated in a nice layer of assumption!

No fix is required. Use the option to minimize the descriptions, press 'z' (examine), and lock the examine window if needed. hover over the minimized descriptors to see their detail text. All the tools that you require for full functionality are there, if you're not too lazy to use them.
    Works in a pinch, but it would still be a lot better to have all of the superfluous 'Aspect of X' text removed once the item reaches tier 3.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Works in a pinch, but it would still be a lot better to have all of the superfluous 'Aspect of X' text removed once the item reaches tier 3.
    That doesn't solve all the other items with many effects, like Cannith Elementals, or Crafted stuff. Nor does it address issues for low resolutions like (ick) 600x800. The ideal solution is for the client to detect your rez (which it already does), and scale elements properly. 2nd best would be fixed max heights and scroll bars, but I for one like minimized descriptions and hovering.

I have to agree with this. Yes, there is a work around... but this should be on the Dev's radar to address when they get back to tweaking things. Maybe when they make Shroud Epic...

That doesn't solve all the other items with many effects, like Cannith Elementals, or Crafted stuff. Nor does it address issues for low resolutions like (ick) 600x800. The ideal solution is for the client to detect your rez (which it already does), and scale elements properly. 2nd best would be fixed max heights and scroll bars, but I for one like minimized descriptions and hovering.
    The issue with the minimized descriptions option is that you have to turn it off to use the Auction House unless you have all the prefixes, suffixes and named item abilities you care about committed to memory.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    The issue with the minimized descriptions option is that you have to turn it off to use the Auction House unless you have all the prefixes, suffixes and named item abilities you care about committed to memory.
    That's a good point. I almost never use the AH except to occasionally post, didn't think of that. My version of an easy fix for that is to be able to open exam windows on AH kit... but that could possibly lead to trade cheats... So then my preferred fix would have to be fixed item window size, + scroll bar.