Community Member

Default 13 FVS / 7 WIZ: Will it work?

So i stumbled upon a topic on another site and this build was mentioned. I couldn't tell if the guy was serious, but I have been thinking all night about a fun Shiradi build for a fleshie. (Tired of the usual 18 or 20 Wiz)

So, 7 Wiz = 4 Chain missile SLA, 4 Magic missile SLA, Regular 4 Chain Missile spell, Regular 4 Magic Missile spell.
    & 13 FVS = BB kiting, D.Punishment

20 Wiz = 10 Chain missile SLA, 5 Magic missile SLA, Regular 10 Chain Missile spell, Regular 5 Magic Missile spell.
    & everything else a 20 Wiz gives.

20 Wiz gets 2x more missiles. I've haven't tried Archmage post u19 so don't know how fast these missiles fire and how long the cooldowns are. I really like the way BB works and don't find that in a Wiz's arsenal so i think this build could actually be something good even if the 20 Wiz has a x2 advantage with the missiles.

I guess the next question is will BB work for EE's, and will the DC be high enough.
    Last edited by IWIronheart; 09-07-2013 at 10:11 PM.

I don't know about DC's but spells should be okay, and both angel of vengeance and archmage have force critical bonuses and angel has some caster level bonuses as well.

in theory build should be okay, I have seen sorc replace wiz because of the charisma synergy but I think wis gets much better bonuses in archmage and extra feats.

the only nit pick I have is you say your tired of wiz but want to play a toon that spams the same 2 spells over and over and prays that RNG is nice? sure you should be able to do EE's, but at what cost to your soul?

btw thanks a lot turbine, make DC's so high that people don't even bother, grats, way to go, +1

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdragoon View Post
    I don't know about DC's but spells should be okay, and both angel of vengeance and archmage have force critical bonuses and angel has some caster level bonuses as well.

in theory build should be okay, I have seen sorc replace wiz because of the charisma synergy but I think wis gets much better bonuses in archmage and extra feats.

the only nit pick I have is you say your tired of wiz but want to play a toon that spams the same 2 spells over and over and prays that RNG is nice? sure you should be able to do EE's, but at what cost to your soul?

btw thanks a lot turbine, make DC's so high that people don't even bother, grats, way to go, +1
    Thanks for the feedback. i have never tried Shiradi yet so thats why im curious now, have only played Magister and Heroic Wizards. I enjoyed them but i am not that hardcore a player so getting through one TR life with them takes an eternity so looking for something new.

If your sole aim is shirardi then ya. Shirardi now is how much can you multi to get sla's and quick burst cheap no saveish spells.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

T4 AoV tree has a boost that maxes your magic missiles.
    Chain missiles is bugged and always maxed.
    So that build casts full magic missiles AND chain missiles.

You can even go 12 FvS/6 wiz/2 pally or monk or something else, and still have full magic missiles for shiradi.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

In another thread there was a 14wiz/4fvs/2monk that someone asked about, & i assume is the same kind of idea, though more suitable for a warforged player & has the extra feats... then i went & turned my own shiradi archmage into it & am finding it a lot of fun - will be even better once i get out of the levelling destiny & back into his shiradi home.

The more fvs-based build would be a good one too... a feat less & only the 1 stackable DoT (divine punishment) instead of the 2 (niacs & eladars) but more outright resilience with the higher HP & ability to wear armour plus more SP. The shoulder cannon would provide some automated dps, you'd still get the missiles & some handy arcane buffs. Personally i'd go with only 12 fvs levels, keep the 7 wiz for level 4 spells, and then the odd leftover level i'd throw into ranger purely for that oh-so-tasty positive spellpower.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    T4 AoV tree has a boost that maxes your magic missiles.
    Chain missiles is bugged and always maxed.
    So that build casts full magic missiles AND chain missiles.

You can even go 12 FvS/6 wiz/2 pally or monk or something else, and still have full magic missiles for shiradi.
    I did notice the tier 4 stuff..

Smiting and Intense Faith. Great! I had a feeling it wouldn't work with Wiz spells but good to hear if this does work.

On the chain missiles though, i heard it was fixed

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...lash-an-arcane

Still thinking about all the options but nice to hear feedback that its not crazy..
    Last edited by supott; 09-06-2013 at 06:30 AM.

I wasn't aware of that.
    Still, there's also epic abishai set 3-piece (+3), twilight (+2), and infused chaosrobe/docent (+1). They all stack. You can get good numbers. My sorc/wiz/fvs approves caster multiclassing.

I think this enhancement revamp is the best thing ever to happen to build diversity. Too bad everyone is already crying for nerfs on the cool things.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!