Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Sunday Iconic Static Group - Sarlona

I'm considering putting together a Sunday afternoon/evening static group comprised of the new Iconics if there is enough interest.

Time: Sundays 7:30 EST to 9:30 EST

Server: Sarlona

The only rules would be the following:

1- Characters must be one of the four iconic sub-races (Sun Elf, Shadar-Kai, Human PDK, or Bladeforged), but there are no class restrictions or multi-classing restrictions. If you want to play a Shadar-Kai wiz/rog or a Bladeforged pal/druid/rog that's fine.

2- Play-what-drops gear. No buying gear or consumables from either AH or the DDO store (cosmetics are OK though). No passing gear from existing alts. No Cannith Crafted gear. Players may trade gear among party members.

3- No ship buffs.

We'd attempt the quests at whatever level the group felt comfortable with, but start with the new content in Wheloon and Stormhorns and decide what else to play from there. We may run some content for Kundarek or Coin Lord favor if the group is up for that.

Anyone who is interested please respond to this thread. You can post your character race/class if you already have an idea of what you want to play. So far we have two players who are interested. I'd like to see if we can get at least two more.

Still looking for 2-4 more players who are interested in an Iconic static group.

Anyone interested can respond to thread or PM me.

So far we have a Morning Lord and a Purple Dragon Knight signed on.

I'd like to get at least one representative of each Iconic, but multiples of the same type are fine.

If anyone is interested in trying out a Shadar-Kai or a Bladeforged as part of a static group, we'd love to have you join us.

Experience with the class/content is not really necessary, the intent is to have fun with the new classes and play level 15 an above content. This would be a good opportunity for players who haven't been able to experience much of the level 15 and above content, but are interested in doing so, or players who want to try out their Iconic build ideas.

Default Current Roster

1. Jedial Purple Dragon Knight 11/2/2 Pal/Ftr/Rng

2. Shamsya Morning Lord 12/4 Cler/Fvs

3-6 open

We'll probably tackle the Wheloon content first and go from there.

Default First Run - After action report

The group (all two if us) ran Disciples of Shar and Escape Plan on Hard. No hirelings (except the Owlbear) and no additional items/equipment was purchased - we only used the iconic starting gear. Had one death in Disciples of Shar but the shrine was not too far so we were back up and running with little delay. Both L15 quests were challenging (L16 on hard) but not overly difficult for a pair of non-tweaked L15 toons. The bear traps were really annoying!

It was the first time for me running either quest, but I think Shamsya had run them both once when they first came out.
    Hoping we can get a Bladeforged and Shadar-Kai to join us.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    The group (all two if us) ran Disciples of Shar and Escape Plan on Hard. No hirelings (except the Owlbear) and no additional items/equipment was purchased - we only used the iconic starting gear. Had one death in Disciples of Shar but the shrine was not too far so we were back up and running with little delay. Both L15 quests were challenging (L16 on hard) but not overly difficult for a pair of non-tweaked L15 toons. The bear traps were really annoying!

It was the first time for me running either quest, but I think Shamsya had run them both once when they first came out.
    Hoping we can get a Bladeforged and Shadar-Kai to join us.

Would love to have a Shadar-Kai. That ball and chain would have come in handy against the endless hoard of Lizardmen!

For anyone who likes the Iconic/Forgetten Realm concept for a static group but can't meet our play schedule, here is another group who has started a similar static group with more of a pure FR focus.

Looks like we might have a third player joining us Sunday. I'm still working on strong-arming one of my guildies to play one of his gimps -er - characters as well to bring us up to four.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Looks like we might have a third player joining us Sunday.
    Cool, an iconic?

Community Member

Ok then if you're going to call me Iconic, suppose i better turn up this sunday. :-]
    It is late for me but tbh sunday is best as i get a lie in and don't have to get up early monday morning. Not promising to keep it up but i'll give it a good try. Until the recent change i used to stay up and listen to ddocast often on sunday so i'm used to a late night. I still listen to ddocast and think Shamgar is doing a brilliant job.

I'll create a Shadar-kai and Bladeforged, happy to play either. Then run them through disciples of shar and escape plan. I have done 4 Whellon prison quests on other characters but only a couple of times and i purposely try not to remember(mentally imprint) quests.

I will most likely do this on saturday, so will post my character name then.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowDM View Post
    Ok then if you're going to call me Iconic, suppose i better turn up this sunday. :-]
    It is late for me but tbh sunday is best as i get a lie in and don't have to get up early monday morning. Not promising to keep it up but i'll give it a good try. Until the recent change i used to stay up and listen to ddocast often on sunday so i'm used to a late night. I still listen to ddocast and think Shamgar is doing a brilliant job.

I'll create a Shadar-kai and Bladeforged, happy to play either. Then run them through disciples of shar and escape plan. I have done 4 Whellon prison quests on other characters but only a couple of times and i purposely try not to remember(mentally imprint) quests.

I will most likely do this on saturday, so will post my character name then.
    Cool, happy to have you join us.

If you would prefer not to solo through those two quests, let me know about what time you think you might run them. I have some free time on Saturday and wouldn't mind going through them again. We did them on "hard" difficulty and the challenge felt about right, but without the blade barriers from Shamsya (Posthumus) it might have been too much, hard to say.

Sounds like a lot of fun, only using what you find. Reminds me of the original PnP days. I would like to be considered to join the group.. Just let me know what character to make. I'm happy to play either the Bladeforged Pally or Shadar-Kai also. Just let me know. If you want you can send an in game message to the character I'm running now. His name is Duexis the Silent. He is a Shadar-Kai, but level 21. Hope to hear from you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintain-Valewalker View Post
    Sounds like a lot of fun, only using what you find. Reminds me of the original PnP days. I would like to be considered to join the group.. Just let me know what character to make. I'm happy to play either the Bladeforged Pally or Shadar-Kai also. Just let me know. If you want you can send an in game message to the character I'm running now. His name is Duexis the Silent. He is a Shadar-Kai, but level 21. Hope to hear from you soon.

Pick whichever class you'd prefer to play. Since SlowDM is fine playing either Bladeforged or Shadar-Kai, maybe he can roll up the other class you choose not to play.

Glad to have both of you aboard and looking forward to seeing you Sunday!

If you post your character names, or PM me if you prefer, I'll send a guild invite to those characters as well. Even though I don't expect to use ship buffs in the Forgotten Realms, the ship might be a convenient waypoint if we ever decide to run Eberron content for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Postumus; 09-12-2013 at 01:14 PM.

1. Jedial Purple Dragon Knight 11/2/2 Pal/Ftr/Rng

2. Shamsya Morning Lord 12/4 Cler/Fvs

3-6 open
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowDM View Post
    I'll create a Shadar-kai and Bladeforged, happy to play either. Then run them through disciples of shar and escape plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintain-Valewalker View Post
    Sounds like a lot of fun, only using what you find. Reminds me of the original PnP days. I would like to be considered to join the group.. Just let me know what character to make. I'm happy to play either the Bladeforged Pally or Shadar-Kai also. Just let me know.
    Excellent, see our current roster above. We have a PDK mostly pally, and a Morning Lord mostly cleric.

We could certainly use a rogue'ish type, but really anything is fine. If either of you like arcane warfoged, feel free to roll a Bladeforged sorc or multi-class, anything really. I'm probably the LEAST experienced with higher level content, because aside from my iconics my highest level toons are also L15 and mostly solo. Lots and lots of L12+ content I have never done.

Even though I don't expect to use ship buffs in the Forgotten Realms, the ship might be a convenient waypoint if we ever decide to run Eberron content for whatever reason.
    Coin Lord and House K favor come to mind, for the backpack/bank space.

Community Member

Yes i'm happy to play either of these two. Even though i've been playing over 2 years kinda stuck to fvs and arti.
    Created a Bladeforged Paladin. 'Alither'. I'm not familiar with Paladin but have played a Bladeforged a little and enjoyed it. Stat scores are okay just a bit confused with enhancements.
    Blagged a Shadar-kai. 'Alipilf'. Familiar with arti's so i'm halfway there with this one.

One question, i have the motu and shadowfell pre=purchase goodies. Are we using tome of learning/skill tomes/spidercult mask?

Off to help the coin lords. This is the 3rd time i've arrived on Sarlona destitute and penniless :-)
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Community Member

Sorry missed above post.

Off the find anyone who will pay for my services. Elminster is beckoning me i see.

Default Shadar-kai Assassin

This concept sounds like a lot of fun - I'd like to join the group if there are still slots available.

I've rolled up a Shadar-kai pure Rogue (mostly Assassin) on Sarlona but if that role is already filled I can come up with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by prodONEg View Post
    This concept sounds like a lot of fun - I'd like to join the group if there are still slots available.

I've rolled up a Shadar-kai pure Rogue (mostly Assassin) on Sarlona but if that role is already filled I can come up with something else.
    Glad to have you, and yes a rogue assassin is perfect. That make five of us now.

Community Member

I'll be a Bladeforged Paladin then 'Alither'
    I have run the quest Disciples of Shar.

Fedora1 from 11am to 6pm start est on saturday to do other quests is fine. I am +5 hours. I'm not playiing ddo till the early hours every night lol.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast