Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Current Roster
    1. Jedial Purple Dragon Knight 11/2/2 Pal/Ftr/Rng

2. Shamsya Morning Lord 12/4 Cler/Fvs

3-Alither Bladeforged paladin

4- Unknown Shadar-kai assassin (played by prodONEg)

5- TBD Bladeforged pal/arcane played by Quintain-Valewalker. Any class combination is fine, just choose any iconic and build from there.

6 - TBD Shadar Kai or Sun Elf played by Liv.

Looking forward to meeting you all and starting our adventures on Sunday. We can re-run the first two 'pre-quests' or just start with the Wheloon chain and go from there.

Just PM me (or post) your character's name by Sunday and we'll get started!
    Last edited by Postumus; 09-13-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Default Derring

My character is Derring Deeds Done Deviously.

For the first Shadar-kai Assassin I rolled up, I used the default path just to check out how Turbine built it and I ran Disciples of Shar on normal completely solo. I took all of the chain enhancements and that actually works really well if you can get good position and especially when the knockdown works.

For Derring I built my own version, INT-based with a strong secondary in DEX. I've taken all of the chain enhancements again. I'll probably run the first few quests solo before Sunday to make sure the build is solid. I will add all of you in case you are on when I'm playing.

Thanks for letting me join and I'll see you all on Sunday (if not sooner).
    Last edited by prodONEg; 09-13-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Okay, I am EST as well.

That said, after running the two quests (Disciples of Shar and Escape Plan) we should probably try to run quests together as much as possible. If you have a Tome of Learning that's cool. Since I don't have any other toons on Sarlona, I have been doing the daily rolls because I hate to waste free stuff.

This Sunday, we can talk about these things to come to some agreement. Preferably I want to keep it casual, fun and friendly rather than get bogged down in a bunch of rules/restrictions. Mainly, that we quest together and no vendor/AH purchases, use what you can find.

Sorry for jumping the gun or chomping at the bit too much Fedora. I've added the three members of the party and Derring is bound in the tavern in Eveningstar waiting for Sunday evening.

Updated Roster

1. Jedial Purple Dragon Knight 11/2/2 Pal/Ftr/Rng (Fedora1)

2. Shamsya Morning Lord 12/3 Cler/Fvs (Posthumus)

3. Alither Bladeforged 15 Paladin (SlowDM)

4. Derring Shadar-kai 15 Rogue (prodONEg)

5. Gluskabe Bladeforged 13/2 Pally/Sorc (Quintain-Valewalker)

6. TBD Shadar Kai or Sun Elf played by Liv.

Party is filled! This is good, because based on my experience, real life will sometimes get in the way and someone, or sometimes more than one, can't make it. Looking forward to Sunday night!

Default Well rounded

Looking at the roster, this looks like the most well balanced party I've been in. We have several fairly self sufficient melees, a divine, an arcane, and rogue. And our 6th member looks like another rogue or divine. Excellent!

Sounds like a great group. Hello to all. I have ran the Disciples of Shar, slightly difficult as a solo, but made it through (Used 23 of the 30 healing pots given at start up). Just finished Escape Plan, made it through that one a little easier. The build is working out pretty good I think. I was able to fend off melee attackers and still heal myself. Most of my spells are ice based and some force. Don't have the Wisdom yet to cast the healing spells as a Paladin, but my Reconstruct is healing WF for about 430 and Lay on Hands for about 100. Can't wait for tonight.

Last night we had a full party (as listed above) but the sixth member is a PDK Bard/Fighter (forget the exact level split).

Ran "A Lesson in Deception" and "Friends in Low Places" on hard difficulty, which also entailed running around Wheelon Prison wilderness area for a while.

Had a party wipe in the end fight of "Friends in Low Places", but recovered and completed.

Jedial was killed by a poison trap in "A Lesson in Deception".

Had a good time with some new friends.

Question for Posthumus - not to get too bogged down, but for the record could you mention what your thoughts are for things like healing potions (purchase or collector turn-ins), questing outside normal group times, etc? Had a couple folks ask about these things after you logged off.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Last night we had a full party (as listed above) but the sixth member is a PDK Bard/Fighter (forget the exact level split).

Ran "A Lesson in Deception" and "Friends in Low Places" on hard difficulty, which also entailed running around Wheelon Prison wilderness area for a while.

Had a party wipe in the end fight of "Friends in Low Places", but recovered and completed.

I think there is something going on with the mechanics in this quest. That is the third time I've run it and I've never seen a quest hit red alert that fast since the walls were broken a couple of years ago and the entire dungeon of New Invasion would aggro on the players once they took ten steps into the quest.

Had a good time with some new friends.
    Absolutely a lot of fun and (I think) a good beginning for the static group. Many thanks to Jeazell for coming through and filling the sixth slot with his Purple Palibard.

Question for Posthumus - not to get too bogged down, but for the record could you mention what your thoughts are for things like healing potions (purchase or collector turn-ins), questing outside normal group times, etc? Had a couple folks ask about these things after you logged off.

In general I have a very laissez-faire attitude toward most of these things.
    I think all turn ins should be allowed. I think purchasing consumables with the plat earned questing or selling items is OK. I have no problems with people questing outside the group as long they don't go crazy and out level the group or show up with green steel items and dragonscale armor.

I suppose one 'rule' we might explore as a group is how much Eberron we want to allow in our campaign. Is it OK to pop back and forth from Eberron just to purchase consumables we can't get in Faerun? Is a trip to Eberron something we should do as a group only once in a while? Never?

Personally I just want folks to have fun, so I guess I'd like to leave that up to the individual. As long as folks aren't passing gear and wealth from other alts on the server, or purchasing items on the AH, shard exchange, or DDO store (that aren't cosmetic), I'd rather not intrude on anyone's idea of fun or how to equip a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    I think there is something going on with the mechanics in this quest. That is the third time I've run it and I've never seen a quest hit red alert that fast since the walls were broken a couple of years ago and the entire dungeon of New Invasion would aggro on the players once they took ten steps into the quest.
    I checked the wiki, and think we maybe did it wrong. It seems that she summons mobs at certain % of health, so when we swarmed her and started knocking her health down, she quickly summoned mobs at (for example) 80% health, 60% health, and 40% health thus overwhelming us. It seems the trick is to take out the trash mobs as she summons them, then go back to fighting her, then trash mobs, then hit her some more, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    In general I have a very laissez-faire attitude toward most of these things.
    I think all turn ins should be allowed. I think purchasing consumables with the plat earned questing or selling items is OK. I have no problems with people questing outside the group as long they don't go crazy and out level the group or show up with green steel items and dragonscale armor.

I suppose one 'rule' we might explore as a group is how much Eberron we want to allow in our campaign. Is it OK to pop back and forth from Eberron just to purchase consumables we can't get in Faerun? Is a trip to Eberron something we should do as a group only once in a while? Never?

Personally I just want folks to have fun, so I guess I'd like to leave that up to the individual. As long as folks aren't passing gear and wealth from other alts on the server, or purchasing items on the AH, shard exchange, or DDO store (that aren't cosmetic), I'd rather not intrude on anyone's idea of fun or how to equip a character.
    Sounds good to me. I may run around in Wheelon prison a bit to catch up, and see if I can find another sword. I'm set up to use TWF, but right now just have the longsword/shield. Looking for a B-sword, long sword, or shortsword to replace the shield.

Oh, also I sold a Raid Timer I got from my gold roll. Should I pass the plat to an alt?

I checked the wiki, and think we maybe did it wrong. It seems that she summons mobs at certain % of health, so when we swarmed her and started knocking her health down, she quickly summoned mobs at (for example) 80% health, 60% health, and 40% health thus overwhelming us. It seems the trick is to take out the trash mobs as she summons them, then go back to fighting her, then trash mobs, then hit her some more, etc.

It's very possible, but the first time I ran it there were four or five times a many henchmen as we faced on Sunday, and it seemed the longer she was alive the more that kept showing up. The second time I ran it we didn't clear the side passages and the party had red alert for nearly five or six minutes until our survivors were able to kill enough henchmen (who followed us back to the southern camp) to bring it down to green and complete the quest.

Sunday actually went better than our my second run, and if we hadn't wiped, it would have been the best run for me so far.

Oh, also I sold a Raid Timer I got from my gold roll. Should I pass the plat to an alt?
    Not unless you want to. I'm fine with the daily dice rolls and selling items on the AH/ASH/trade channels, we just can't purchase items from pawn brokers, AH, ASH, or other players outside the group as it will make the whole point of 'play what you find' moot.

Default Full Party

Updated Roster

1. Jedial Purple Dragon Knight 11/2/2 Pal/Ftr/Rng (Fedora1)

2. Shamsya Morning Lord 12/3 Cler/Fvs (Postumus)

3. Alither Bladeforged 15 Paladin (SlowDM)

4. Derring Shadar-kai 15 Rogue (prodONEg)

5. Gluskabe Bladeforged 13/2 Pally/Sorc (Quintain-Valewalker)

6. Jeazella Purple Dragon 9/6 Bard/Ftr (Buddrow)
    Last edited by Postumus; 09-17-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Hey All. Had a great time Sunday night with the group. I know the wipe was disheartening. Thanks for the update on the questions. I don't mind hitting up Ebberon as a group for backpack and bank slots. I'll keep an eye out for a weapon to replace your shield when we group again. I was thinking this would be a good place to list items each of us are looking to get during questing, but that might be too many inputs to scan. Maybe good for now until we think of something better or is it not worth it? Up to you guys. I not that fast processing what gear would be useful to who, so if you all see something you would like, please let me know. If it is something I cannot use/need I will pass it.

Default Wheelon Prison - These guys are tough!

Well an interesting night. Spent the first HOUR just trying to get to the quest. I don't believe I have ever experienced a complete party wipe (CPW) in a wilderness area before, but it happened to us a party of six L15 characters tonight. Wait, did it happen once or twice? I know we also had multiple deaths even when we didn't wipe. The quest itself was easy by comparison.

As I mentioned in game, my computer (which runs fine in Eberron) does not do as well in Eveningstar, and even worse in Wheelon. When the Shadowfell effect kicks in, I think I drop to about 5 fps. I cannot make jumps or negotiate narrow lanes, I swing once per 5-7 clicks of my mouse, when I click a hotbar special attack or LOH it delays about 4-5 seconds before taking effect if at all, and if I need to turn to face another direction I overcompensate due to the choppiness of the screen. Not to mention I can barely see anything and the purple shimmer effect makes me nauseous after 30 seconds or so.

Yeah, Wheelon and Shadowfell are killing me.

On the plus side, I got a nice set of Guardian's Bracers (Riposte VIII 8-32 damage) and as a random chest loot picked up a decent longsword (something of bloodletting) so I could discard my shield and begin using TWF.

Community Member

Good afternoon all.
    I'm enjoying the group. Have to agree Wheloon Prison area can get Hectic very quickly. Experienced this 'swarm' ai/tactic a few times, it's something new and challenging. "You're being chased by a beholder' *seeing its beams slam into my back was enough of a clue to run faster LOL* "How many Night Hags!!!". I did hesitate about whether to go for gate or quest entrance but not sure if i would have made either. It's going to be difficult just getting to the quests!. Knowing where the Shrines are would help.

Anyone got the xp/skill tome? Can i use mine?
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowDM View Post
    Anyone got the xp/skill tome? Can i use mine?
    I think a couple of us are using it. I am.

As I mentioned in game, my computer (which runs fine in Eberron) does not do as well in Eveningstar, and even worse in Wheelon. When the Shadowfell effect kicks in, I think I drop to about 5 fps. I cannot make jumps or negotiate narrow lanes, I swing once per 5-7 clicks of my mouse, when I click a hotbar special attack or LOH it delays about 4-5 seconds before taking effect if at all, and if I need to turn to face another direction I overcompensate due to the choppiness of the screen. Not to mention I can barely see anything and the purple shimmer effect makes me nauseous after 30 seconds or so.

Yeah, Wheelon and Shadowfell are killing me.

The good news is there are only two more quests left inside Wheloon prison and our resourceful rogue, Derring, was able to sneak all the way to the gate that is between the entrance to Wheloon and the next quest entrance, so we shouldn't face a resource draining battle trying to get there next time.

The bad news, for Jedial anyway, is that the last quest is a bit of a pain to get to, but at least there will be a shrine near the quest entrance.

It's interesting how much the Wheloon explorer area seems to scale with the size of the party. I've run through this solo and with 3-4 person groups and never seen so many bad guys as when our full party tries to move around inside there. It really is like Escape from New York with everyone out to get us. I kind of like it, but that purple glow is just blinding when there is any kind of light source. I practically have to squint every time Shamsya uses a radiant burst while that shadar effect is going. Turbine really needs to turn down the contrast or reduce the time it lasts for it to be fun.

Default Derring will have to miss next week (9/29)

Sorry for the short notice but I found out today that I will need to travel for work next week so I won't be able to make the scheduled time next Sunday evening (9/29). I'll be back for the next Sunday after, though (10/6).

Quote Originally Posted by prodONEg View Post
    Sorry for the short notice but I found out today that I will need to travel for work next week so I won't be able to make the scheduled time next Sunday evening (9/29). I'll be back for the next Sunday after, though (10/6).
    Oh great, c'mon man get your priorities straight!

Just kidding and no problem.

Perhaps we should do some side-track quests when we don't have a full group? Be nice to stay together on primary quests.

Community Member

Looks like there's a few buildings we can have a look inside. One building needs 2 keys to unlock doors inside, which have to be found in the prison somewhere random. I agree the Prison is an adventure in itself and i like the random encounters as much as the red named. The only other thing i can think of doing when people can't make it is backpack/bank favour.
    Running around Wheloon Prison vs running around the harbour. Wheloon Prison wins hands down :-)

P.S. I've not done Escape Plan or Shadow of a Doubt. Think others have missed those aswel ?
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast