Default Not happy with the inconsistency of raids and loot

My first problem is that, when the update to named items happened, not everything was updated, and many items were ignored. If you must make a change to loot tables, Turbine, please change EVERYTHING, otherwise some items become useless, which in turn leads to less people running certain content, which in turn leads to a general consensus that some content is not worth spending money or time on. This is bad for the game.

Also, raids are inconsistent, too. Take FoT and CitW for example: FoT is just one long fight and automatically gives a heroic commendation upon completion. In CitW, the raid is fairly long due to all the running, mandatory trash mobs fights and mini-bosses. Furthermore, it's resource-intensive, since Lolth's spellpoint-draining attacks force players to use up more resources than in other raids. And despite the fact that CitW can give up to 6 chests, it's not uncommon for players running normal or even hard and finding that only one or two people in the group have gotten Heroic Commendations. I'm also troubled by how all of the loot in CitW is just weapons, too. Traffic in this raid could be increased by offering named non-weapon items of suitable potency.

These two problems are interconnected. Raids and raid loot are a staple of this game. Players tend to expect both in content. When the quality of the loot compared to newer stuff drops, they probably won't run it very often, if at all.

So here are some suggestions...

For items:
    -Give slots to named items that don't have them, unless you find that the item in question is already powerful enough.
    -Please undo the latest change to random loot tables, or at least give more variety of loot. Too much sameness is boring.
    -Make plans to phase out epic crafting, and possibly update/upgrade the affected items. (Barring epic sword of shadows)

For raids:
    -Make an epic version of every raid, and epic versions of the prerequisites for those quests. No need to make a new storyline, just make epic difficulties.
    -The exception to the above would be Tower of Despair. Simply increase the quest levels of all quests in the Amrath pack by 2 and adjust the base experience upwards.
    -The other exception to the first point would be Shroud. It works, so there is no need to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    My first problem is that, when the update to named items happened, not everything was updated, and many items were ignored. If you must make a change to loot tables, Turbine, please change EVERYTHING, otherwise some items become useless, which in turn leads to less people running certain content, which in turn leads to a general consensus that some content is not worth spending money or time on. This is bad for the game.

Also, raids are inconsistent, too. Take FoT and CitW for example: FoT is just one long fight and automatically gives a heroic commendation upon completion. In CitW, the raid is fairly long due to all the running, mandatory trash mobs fights and mini-bosses. Furthermore, it's resource-intensive, since Lolth's spellpoint-draining attacks force players to use up more resources than in other raids. And despite the fact that CitW can give up to 6 chests, it's not uncommon for players running normal or even hard and finding that only one or two people in the group have gotten Heroic Commendations. I'm also troubled by how all of the loot in CitW is just weapons, too. Traffic in this raid could be increased by offering named non-weapon items of suitable potency.

These two problems are interconnected. Raids and raid loot are a staple of this game. Players tend to expect both in content. When the quality of the loot compared to newer stuff drops, they probably won't run it very often, if at all.

So here are some suggestions...

For items:
    -Give slots to named items that don't have them, unless you find that the item in question is already powerful enough.
    -Please undo the latest change to random loot tables, or at least give more variety of loot. Too much sameness is boring.
    -Make plans to phase out epic crafting, and possibly update/upgrade the affected items. (Barring epic sword of shadows)

For raids:
    -Make an epic version of every raid, and epic versions of the prerequisites for those quests. No need to make a new storyline, just make epic difficulties.
    -The exception to the above would be Tower of Despair. Simply increase the quest levels of all quests in the Amrath pack by 2 and adjust the base experience upwards.
    -The other exception to the first point would be Shroud. It works, so there is no need to fix it.
    The sad part is that the new quests give you an automatic choice of better named items then running citw for 45 minutes and getting 6 chests of crud.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Default Signed for my guildie

Signed for my guildie +1! :P! ! ! Cheers!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    The sad part is that the new quests give you an automatic choice of better named items then running citw for 45 minutes and getting 6 chests of crud.
    Yup. Very sad. The quests are nice though, design-wise.

It's absolutely mind boggling that the commendation drop rate is so much lower in CitW than it is in FoT. There are a number of good points in the OP, but this one right here just makes me question the existence of any logical thought process sometimes. There is no reason that someone couldn't take 5 minutes to update the CitW loot table to mimic the one if FoT. Rare commendations were fine when weapons upgraded for free, only had one tier and you only needed coms for dragon armor. When they added the 3 com tier one upgrade for all the weapons, the low drop rate was still at least somewhat acceptable. When the full upgrade process expanded to 25 coms, the drop rate should have been increased. I just can't understand why it wasn't.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    It's absolutely mind boggling that the commendation drop rate is so much lower in CitW than it is in FoT. There are a number of good points in the OP, but this one right here just makes me question the existence of any logical thought process sometimes. There is no reason that someone couldn't take 5 minutes to update the CitW loot table to mimic the one if FoT. Rare commendations were fine when weapons upgraded for free, only had one tier and you only needed coms for dragon armor. When they added the 3 com tier one upgrade for all the weapons, the low drop rate was still at least somewhat acceptable. When the full upgrade process expanded to 25 coms, the drop rate should have been increased. I just can't understand why it wasn't.
    I'm with you, 45 minutes to an hour running a raid with no guarantee for anything other then a bunch of chests with loot that makes you cry and with FoT you can be done in 20 and be guaranteed a comm. There's just way to many things to upgrade from armor to citw and FoT loot in order to deal with a random comm drop. Worse of all - so much of it is subpar to the new random stuff that it's hard to get into the grove of running these consistently just to get screwed anyways.

But it's kind of what I feel about the silly idea to make greater tokens a random drop too. I only see Chrono running on Argo now and then, nothing else. And in order to get the augments out of 12 or create the new 5% exp one you need greater tokens. No way to make regular tokens into a greater. I have this feeling that Turbine just don't have a plan as to do with all these pieces. You'd think they would want people to run and grind all content and not just get the random stuff for cheap on the AH and be done with it.