Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    True, but for those states without or just across the board offer a sale on points in the store. It's easier and guarantees that everyone will be included instead of just the states that carry them.
    Did you even notice that QM mentioned they were on rollback?

Turbine didn't tell them to put the cards on discount in the store. I'm fairly certain Walmart itself decided to put it up on discount. See, Walmart buys the cards and Turbine gets a flat fee. They don't send out cards for free and then get payment WHENEVER one is sold.

There isn't any harm in them informing the player base of a general sale going on. Certainly it's a little silly to cry foul and complain about the lack of a sale currently.

It's like noticing you have the option to buy discount peanut butter WITH jelly added already in one jar, and then complaining the normal peanut butter isn't on sale.

The cards are an option for people who don't want or feel comfortable with obtaining TP in another way. And Turbine has so much on sale and so much on rotation for sales that there's hardly ever an absence of a deal going on. Just have a little patience and you'll get the specific deal you are yearning for eventually. Complaining about not getting special deals does not normally bring about an urge to give special deals, at least not at my DnD table.

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Lol, well that's a start, ty

Anybody have some good news for the west coast, preferably in the area of Portland, Oregon? I've had no luck myself...
    try the walmart on se 82nd in clackamas the one in beaverton

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    We very rarely do discounts on Turbine Point cards in comparison to DDO Store point promotions.

Sorry to hear that... I do not have any control on which Walmart retailer carries our cards.
    Never seen a Turbine card ever in the last two years. Then again, I wouldn't go into a Walmart to rob it, much less shop.

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    Turbine point cards at Wal Mart? I have been going to several different Arizona Wally World's as long as I have been playing DDO, and I have never seen one. I've even taken the time to specifically look a few times.
    Wal Mart is only going to carry what they feel will sell for a given area. Especially if a generic Visa gift card is a better deal.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Tried looking at our nearest Walmart for a game card once. The games manager looked it up and said they have 50. The problem is they also have 50 of those stupid gift card carousels and he said lazy employees at said store often get new stock and just put the cards at whichever carousel has a spot. I looked through a bunch of them and then left.

It was an SOE card. They do 2x cards btw. Then again at a full 2x(to 3x as well as 2x on your 2x card turnin) rate you never feel it's worth buying them any other time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Community Member

I thought the cards weren't being produced as of a couple of years ago, but whatever stock was left and sold would be honored. Wasn't there a huge discussion on it way back when the forums were readable?

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    I thought the cards weren't being produced as of a couple of years ago, but whatever stock was left and sold would be honored. Wasn't there a huge discussion on it way back when the forums were readable?
    I remember a discussion. However, the last I recall is that Tolero or someone said the cards had not been discontinued, but there was a gap in production because of some change. I can't find the thread, either
    Sarlona: Acaat || Ahchuykak || Anaiadeia || Atlacoya || Camalos || Coyopa || Gwylelwiel || Imahidden || Kisin || Pukuh || Temporarily

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

I just by steam cards now and use steam to buy things any more myself.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default That dang 'ol intranet

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    I don't know where these stores are but there are none that carry it in Illinois
    Is it that you don't know where the stores are or that you know none in Illinois carry the cards or what?

Try this link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dungeons-a...19.99/19530520

And anyone else can use it too.
    Last edited by Hafeal; 09-06-2013 at 06:17 PM.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- years & still spawning kobolds
    Who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Angry

Available in participating US stores only.

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    We very rarely do discounts on Turbine Point cards in comparison to DDO Store point promotions.
    Speaking as a UK player, you might as well made them free, it would still be a useless 'special' offer.

Don't forget you DO have players outside of the US!
    Argonessen: Breyard, Kayuss, Breymer, Vilar, Zhanmadao
    Guild: Fellowship of the Shrine
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    I remember a discussion. However, the last I recall is that Tolero or someone said the cards had not been discontinued, but there was a gap in production because of some change. I can't find the thread, either
    IIRC, "DDO" and "LotRO" cards were being discontinued (but those left would still be honored), in favor of "Turbine" cards that could be used for *either* game.

I could sometimes find a DDO card at my local Gamestop, but that was a few years ago so prolly no help to anyone anyway *g*
    Last edited by LrdSlvrhnd; 09-17-2013 at 12:44 AM.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12