Community Member

Default Spells / SLA's not firing since update?

I've noticed since the last update that spells & SLA's are sometimes not firing correctly. Today, for example, I was running my level 15 cleric in Gianthold Ruins and using her auras to heal, when all of a sudden it stopped working. Bursts would work, but not auras. It happened yesterday in the Sands as well.

Even stranger, each time I tried to cast it she went through the full animation for casting the aura, and she lost a turn, but there was no effect (and no visible aura). This happened repeatedly for about 20 minutes, then all of a sudden it started working again. And yes, she had plenty of turns left (5-7 each time I tried to cast it). It seems to be sporadic, but is really annoying when you're in the middle of a fight & are relying on the auras to keep your toon alive.

Anyone else seeing this?

Yes, it has become much worse since U19. Anything you have to click to get an effect misfires somewhat often now. I've died multiple times as a result of Silver Flame pots misfiring on my barb, and Reconstruct misfiring on my WF Sorc. I also have to double or triple click my action boosts most of the time on my barb, too.

Yep. Wail is problematic for me. I'll fire it before getting hit by anything, then notice that the animation is not triggering.

I had the same problem a couple of times with Undeath to Death. I'm back away from the mobs, so no worries about making a concentration check, I fire the spell and....nothing. Yet the cooldown it going.

Very, very annoying...

Angry

I have seen this with BB, pretty certain its not a concentration fail.

Try not to move while casting.
    Argonessen: Breyard, Kayuss, Breymer, Vilar, Zhanmadao
    Guild: Fellowship of the Shrine
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by visibleman View Post
    I have seen this with BB, pretty certain its not a concentration fail.

Try not to move while casting.
    I have seen this with no mobs around. I was buffing and had some mis-firings. It had to do with me trying to move while casting without spell mobility feat. I had one cleric with spell mobility (feat), so was trying to buff like I had it when this other caster didn't, and was able to move but lose the spell. Without spell mobility, moving while casting can cause you to lose the spell or SLA.

There use to be a concentration check for this, but I haven't seen one go off now for moving while casting, now you just lose it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ermin_Sivarch View Post
    I have seen this with no mobs around. I was buffing and had some mis-firings. It had to do with me trying to move while casting without spell mobility feat. I had one cleric with spell mobility (feat), so was trying to buff like I had it when this other caster didn't, and was able to move but lose the spell. Without spell mobility, moving while casting can cause you to lose the spell or SLA.

There use to be a concentration check for this, but I haven't seen one go off now for moving while casting, now you just lose it.
    Well, in some cases mine wasn't moving & there were no mobs around, as I had already killed them off, so it can't be a concentration check nor is it an issue with no mobility feat. Sounds like it's time to turn in a ticket on this. Suggest you all do the same, or they won't pay attention.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Ermin_Sivarch View Post

Maybe this is it (another undocumented change?), but it shouldn't be a factor for Radiant Aura which isn't a spell.

Target yourself for the Cleric aura, will fix the misfires.
    D.W.A.T: (Now with Non-Dwarf support)
    Founder of the (D.W.A.T) Elf Rebellion and Supporter of the H (alfling). I(ntel). T(eam).

Community Member

I've always had this problem and haven't seen an increase since u19. It's almost always due to slight lag, even when the lag is unnoticeable.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget2775 View Post
    Target yourself for the Cleric aura, will fix the misfires.
    Had already tried that, and unfortunately it did not solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    I've always had this problem and haven't seen an increase since u19. It's almost always due to slight lag, even when the lag is unnoticeable.
    Well, while I've only been playing since last April, I've never seen this problem till U19. If it's due to lag, we must be getting an awful lot of it. Also, if it was lag, wouldn't it simply show up once the lag stopped?