Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DDO Bonus Days!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    The 2 additional days of VIP they awarded don't count for anything?
    Not all players are VIP, so this reward affects a minority of players. It is a good reward; I think the VIPs deserve it to make up for the time they lost. However a lot of the premium players aren't really getting anything out of this, and it will leave a sour taste.
    There are any number of way they could compensate us (premium and f2p) but we really don't get much with this; it's not something "special". Just another bonus weekend like all the others.
    I am glad they are giving something, it's just not something I find rewarding. I'll live and keep playing, but it still comes across flat.
    Just my 2 copper.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zzevel View Post
    thank you BUt...

You're saying a +1 today makes up for a +2 lost and all that downtime on top of it? I know you don't need to do anything because it "wasn't your fault".. Problems occur, we all realize that but HOW YOU make up the problem to the customer will always be remembered....

... here is a peanut butter samich because we burnt your Tenderloin... Meh

It should be a +3 loot weekend if you want to make amends for lost loot AND play time. +1 is ....

Turbined again.
    I agree with this.
    Cordovan, is there any way to pass this up the chain to get approval?

Community Member

Thanks for this!

Community Member

Thumbs up

I would just like to say, as a VIP player with a modicum of insight into the gaming business, giving us 2 days does cost them money (see THIS announcement). It is appreciated that they are taking the bullet for the problems posed by their contracted ISP (perhaps they're rolling the costs down to the ISP. Don't know, not my problem). That they also decided to provide the above gift to the players (paying and non-paying alike) is above and beyond.

Those who purchased premium features did not lose anything. All their premium purchases remain (once purchased, you own the virtual item(s)), so compensation to premium customers is unwarranted. However, VIP customers lost a day of purchased play (primetime - labor day weekend for us without real lives, hehe), thus compensation was indeed warranted and amply provided.

As to free-to-play players, I managed & played a variety of free-to-play games. While there are always a few pay-to-play trolls, the bulk of the trolls are free-to-play posers. It's as if the word, "free" somehow conflicts with their bloated notions of entitlement.

This is a complex, well-managed, regularly expanded MMORPG that caters to paying and non-paying customers alike. Not perfect, no doubts there. I wasn't happy that it took them so long to fix the latest ISP issues, but it was the 3-day weekend Labor Day in the U.S. and they had to work with an outside vendor (ISP). They got it resolved, bully for them and us.

No issues here, thank you.
    Last edited by Prolix; 09-05-2013 at 11:56 PM.

So, we lose out on a +2 weekend - and are being compensated with a +1...

This probably won't have any practical impact, since all the loot just generally seems to suck with or without a bonus, but psychologically - a simple subtraction says we got punked.

The XP bonus I'm assuming would've been here regardless of last weeks downtime, so I'm strictly doing a loot last week vs. loot this week comparison.
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    So, we lose out on a +2 weekend -

Orrrrrrrr... a whole day. I played Sunday morning. Couldn't play Sunday afternoon. Could play Monday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post

I know we're among the minority here, for not agreeing with the fanbois, but I agree this doesn't make up for their recent blunders. Between the outage, the FUBAR'd raid lists, and the indefinitely out-of-service Sagas we deserve much more than a miniscule +1 loot bonus. To me, this is almost worse than getting no reparation at all. It's insulting.

LOL, you couldn't log in for an entire day and you are insulted by a +1 loot and +xp bonus? Entitled to much?

Back on topic: sweet!
    Last edited by Postumus; 09-05-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Sheesh...some people just ain't happy unless they got somethin' to b!tch about. Not that this is even anything to b!tch about, really.

I'd like to thank Turbine again for all their hard work in getting the network problem resolved. And for the extra bonus this weekend! Too bad I'll miss out on most of it, due to travel, but that's my own thing.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    So, we lose out on a +2 weekend - and are being compensated with a +1 <...> - a simple subtraction says we got punked. <...>
    Cetus,

Postumus is quite correct. If I'm not in error in my recollections, the ISPs went down on Sunday around 3:15pm EST and was back up again by 2:15pm EST on Monday. That's 23 hours. A two day (48 hour) VIP compensation is ample, and the 2+ day bonus announced in the OP of this thread is an extra bennie. We definitely did not get punked.
    Last edited by Prolix; 09-06-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Community Member

Don't lose site of the fact that you play because you enjoy the Game. Bonuses are cool, but this(I want an easy button) mentality confuses me.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

It seems every time there is an outage of some sort, whetherit’s Turbine’s technical issue or not, the player base is given some sort of tokento make up for it. It is not only considerate for them to care enough to offerit, but it’s a gracious way to apologize for the inconvenience of the interruptionto the addiction. So thank you Turbine, for giving me a little extra productfor the stuff that was blown off the mirror when someone else sneezed. Thoughit was uncomfortable for a day or so, it’s all good now
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````
    MuleAxe | Occidere| MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

M O N A R C H
    of Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Prolix View Post
    Cetus,

Postumus is quite correct. If I'm not in error in my recollections, the ISPs went down on Sunday around 3:15pm EST and was back up again by 2:15pm EST on Monday. That's 23 hours. A two day (48 hour) VIP compensation is ample, and the 2+ day bonus announced in the OP of this thread is an extra bennie. We definitely did not get punked.
    While that is true, the client didn't allow people in for the better part of Saturday if I remember correctly.
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12