Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bad bug, INVISIBLE LIGHTNING TRAPS

please hotfix this one, it's really bad.. no way QA should have let this one slip

Community Member

Thanks for all the details! I'm sure the developers and QA will get right on this. On second thought, if I received a bug report with this amount of information in it, I would completely ignore it and wouldn't even bother to try messaging you to ask for more information. If this is all the detail you can give (and if you only put it on the forums), then why should I (or any other developer) spend my (or their) time to ask for more information? Obviously, it isn't a very serious bug (in spite of your title) since you couldn't even be bothered to say anything of substance about it.

Community Member

Lightning traps in VON5 are not showing. It is a bad bug, it has been reported many times

Community Member

See, and I don't run VoN5 very often at all. So, I'd not heard anything about this. Thus, my point still stands: If you're going to post a complaint about a bug, then provide some information about it. Even though the developers will not do anything about something posted on the forums (unless there are really a lot of posts about it, then maybe it would get some attention), you're still helping alert people who may not know.

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    Lightning traps in VON5 are not showing. It is a bad bug, it has been reported many times
    Add Prison of the Planes to that list as well.

POP isn't really a big issue. But VON5 is by comparison. I spent a stupid amount of time in there doing a lowbie teaching run simply due to people dying repeatedly in traps one cannot visually see. I couldn't successfully explain to the group that using the sounds of the traps firing helps in getting through them without getting hit. Very frustrating bug for me personally. Half of your party dies without valid reason on lowbie runs.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

I have encountered this and other quests as well.

So far any quest that has Lightning traps; the effects' texture that plays the lightning animation doesn't appear. So more or less you can see the trap "monster head" part but the animation and the texture doesn't appear. You can sometimes hear the sound of the lightning trap (sometimes it doesn't play) when you search/get hit by it. Otherwise, whenever you trigger or search for it, it is like seeing a trap before it is triggered.
    I am the architect of my own destruction...

How to Group With Clerics

This is very annoying yes, please fix this. Annoyed me in both VoN4 (iirc) and 5.
    Characters on Argonessen: Frotgar Stonefoot (Badass heal-daddy) - Dwarf Cleric 20 | Baerin Arkenett (hagglebard) - Drow Bard 9 | Duplolas Duilthran (Intimitank) - Drow Fighter 6 | Kempe Knive ("Exploiter" ranger) - Human Ranger 18 / Rogue 1 / Monk 1 | Pewny Mortals - WF Barbarian 7 (Frenzied Cratesmasher)

Default Tomb of the Shadowlord

Same thing - invisible lightning traps. Heard 'em, couldn't see 'em. Didn't know I was standing in it. Ding!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    Thanks for all the details! I'm sure the developers and QA will get right on this. On second thought, if I received a bug report with this amount of information in it, I would completely ignore it and wouldn't even bother to try messaging you to ask for more information. If this is all the detail you can give (and if you only put it on the forums), then why should I (or any other developer) spend my (or their) time to ask for more information? Obviously, it isn't a very serious bug (in spite of your title) since you couldn't even be bothered to say anything of substance about it.
    The bug report details are all there, can't you see them. You just need to get the angle of the light juuuust riiiight and... there!

Wait... No, that's just dirt on my monitor.
    Argonessen: Breyard, Kayuss, Breymer, Vilar, Zhanmadao
    Guild: Fellowship of the Shrine
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!

Community Member

As I said in the other thread about this bug, it'd be nice to know what bug report category this falls into.

I think every lightning traps are bugged, the "lightning" animation of the trap is not showing properly no way you can know the AOE of the trap exactly, there are only 2 tips to know theres a trap there: sound and the trap trigger at walls/floor.
    Sarlona toons:

-Virial

This bug is also present in Offering of Blood.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timjc86 View Post
    This bug is also present in Offering of Blood.
    You know, I just ran this quest yesterday and it had been so long I forgot the electric traps were even there - in spite of running through them! Yes, I am, in fact, very observant.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by visibleman View Post
    The bug report details are all there, can't you see them. You just need to get the angle of the light juuuust riiiight and... there!

Wait... No, that's just dirt on my monitor.
    First off, yes, they are all there. Second, you might have even more dirt on your monitor than you thought, as you may not have noticed this is a forum for discussion, not a bug reporting tool, so going to pedantic lengths to give the step by step to reproduce isn't necessary. But for you, I'll do it. Step 1) Find a lightning trap. Step 2) Don't see visual effect as it is invisible. Happy?

Community Member

Also affects the lightning traps in Marketplace quest Missing in Action.

Community Member

It appears every lightning trap is bugged such that the lightning burst does not appear.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I'm sure this is WAI. Next patch, ALL traps will be invisible. Because after the fun new secret door change, we need more waiting around for other people, and more pointless changes to annoy the players.

More seriously: I bet the mushrooms in the fens did it.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Yeah Flash Makers Lab was the same, I'm going with the silver lining which is with such obvious visuals, I'd never paid attention to the audio cues for lightning traps at all, I died a couple of times before I worked it out (slow learner) but now I'm a better player for it!

Very fun situation in the pit.. Asked help to GM and this was the result:

DM: We have investigated and found everything to be working as intended. If you are having display issues we recommend contacting technical support.
    me: well.. we both don't see them.. and in forum other ppl wrote that lightning traps are invisible ..
    DM: Is there anything else I can help you with?
    me: can u pull the levers at least? we prob die if try without seeing them..
    DM: Unfortunately not. You will have to take a risk.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by blackdae View Post
    Very fun situation in the pit.. Asked help to GM and this was the result:

DM: We have investigated and found everything to be working as intended. If you are having display issues we recommend contacting technical support.
    me: well.. we both don't see them.. and in forum other ppl wrote that lightning traps are invisible ..
    DM: Is there anything else I can help you with?
    me: can u pull the levers at least? we prob die if try without seeing them..
    DM: Unfortunately not. You will have to take a risk.
    Ah, I was right, this IS indeed WAI. Funfun.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast