Default Gear levels for a lvl 15 Pale Master

I think I am doing my gear wrong. I only have about 230hp and 950 sp at lvl 15 (2 rogue/13 wiz)

Should i be looking to have my gear a certain way. I have been stacking int on my gear and stacking my negative effects. I even have like 2 false life items. Just so unsure on gear nad have almost zero clue on how augments work (most of my gear has no augments in it)

Please let me know if i need to be trying to set up my gear a certain way. I am a first life with no hand me downs from others. Been playing mainly solo.

thanks muches in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathir View Post
    I think I am doing my gear wrong. I only have about 230hp and 950 sp at lvl 15 (2 rogue/13 wiz)

Should i be looking to have my gear a certain way. I have been stacking int on my gear and stacking my negative effects. I even have like 2 false life items. Just so unsure on gear nad have almost zero clue on how augments work (most of my gear has no augments in it)

Please let me know if i need to be trying to set up my gear a certain way. I am a first life with no hand me downs from others. Been playing mainly solo.

thanks muches in advance.
    There are a few things you need to know when gearing a character of any level. The first and most important is what "stacks" with what. As a general rule, the same types of bonuses to the same attribute do not stack with each other, and only the highest bonus you have equipped will apply. This means that if you have both a +4 and a +5 enhancement bonus to intelligence equipped, only the +5 will apply and the +4 will be pointless. If however you have a +5 enhancement bonus and a +1 exceptional bonus, those would stack and combined provide you with bonus of +6.
    This same principal also goes for hitpoints, spell power, spell points, skills etc. Read carefully what kind of bonus each item applies and make sure you only have one kind of each type equipped for each attribute you want to improve.

A special mention on spell power: Potency (universal) and specific spell power types do not stack with each other. E.g., if you have a Glaciation +64 (equipment bonus to cold spell power) and a Potency +40 (equipment bonus to universal spell power), you would only get +64 for your cold spell power, not 104. However, both of these will stack with you implement bonus (usually on your weapon) and any spell power bonuses you get from your enhancements.

Now, as a wizard there are a number of different attributes you want to look for:

Intelligence: This is your main casting stat, and will improve both the DCs on your spells and your spell point pool. At your level, +6 is quite common.

Constitution: Will increase both your hit point total and your fortitude save. The HP from Con stack with other HP bonuses. At your level, +6 is quite common.

Fortification: At your level you should have 100% fortification. This will prevent mobs from scoring critical hits on you and will drastically reduce the amount of damage you take

Spell power and lore: You should have the best spell power and lore for both negative energy (nullification/void lore, this will be very important for your self-healing on a PM) and at least one alternate damage type. You can also equip a potency and/or arcane lore item to improve spells of types not covered by specific spell power bonuses. Furthermore you should try to get a weapon with a good implement bonus (+12 or +15).

Hit points: You mentioned having two false life items. Those will not stack, so one is redundant. You can try to get an item with a Vitality bonus, as that will stack with false life.

Resistance: Resistance gives a bonus to all your saving throws, and it is always worthwhile to have one equipped.

Spell points: A power or wizardry item could be worth looking out for. Only one or the other though, as they both provide enhancement bonuses.

Spell focus: If you use a lot of DC spells (typically necromancy and enchantment spells), you should try to find items that give a bonus to DCs of the spells you use the most.

Rogue skills: As you have rogue levels, I assume you are trapping as well. You should try to find the highest bonuses to each of Spot, Search, Disable Device and Open lock, you can get. Note that these do note have to all be equipped at the same time. You can run with only your spot item equipped and then swap in the others as and when you use the skills.

If you cover those bases, you should be alright .

Good luck!
    Last edited by xMund; 09-05-2013 at 12:11 AM.