Founder

Default Where is Warpriest?

Patch 1 has come and gone. Can we at least get a preview of it?

Community Member

Agreed, I know its slated for U20 but could we at least get a "This is where Warpriest is so far" post?

Obviously, its too late for most of us to incorporate Warpriest into our post-EP builds...but I'm sure there's still some Cleric adherents out there who are saving that token until they know what Warpriest will be like. Its not really fair, unless you're planning on giving everyone another LR+20 so they can re-do things again once Warpriest goes live, to make us decide our permanent builds before we actually have the complete set of Enhancements as originally intended.

I know I'll be peeved, to say the least, if I went 9 Rgr/11 Druid - and had to TR to change alignment on a L20 char - only to find out I could have kept her at 20, went 9 Rgr/11 Cleric, and gone deep into Warpriest for a better overall archer toon...I dont expect that'll really be the case, but (since Beguile already is getting axed), it'd be nice to at least see what Warpriest will be offering.

Founder

I thought war priest was patch 1 and sorc was update 20?

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    I thought war priest was patch 1 and sorc was update 20?
    same.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Community Member

Well since U19 is already out, now would be an appropriate time to start discussing U20, don't you think?

Founder

Warpriest was supposed to be before update 20 and we haven't got a peep about it yet.

Update 19, patch 1 was supposed to be Warpriest. And it's absent.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    Update 19, patch 1 was supposed to be Warpriest. And it's absent.
    IIRC, update 19 patch 1 turned out to include some rather urgent fixes to some serious new bugs. I don't think what we got as patch 1 was what Turbine planned patch 1 to be when they released update 19.

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    Patch 1 has come and gone. Can we at least get a preview of it?
    Very soon! Things got a little muddled because it was ready for what *used* to be called Patch 1, which was renamed to Patch 2 when a hotfix arrived early and then got named Patch 1 instead The Warpriest had been targeting the artist-formerly-known-as-Patch-1, and we're still on track. We'll be ready for some sneak peek fun shortly ^^

Community Member OverlordOfRats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Very soon! Things got a little muddled because it was ready for what *used* to be called Patch 1, which was renamed to Patch 2 when a hotfix arrived early and then got named Patch 1 instead The Warpriest had been targeting the artist-formerly-known-as-Patch-1, and we're still on track. We'll be ready for some sneak peek fun shortly ^^
    Good to hear.

I hope it is as awesome as a red Corvette.

Founder

Thanks for the official reply! I look forward to seeing it!

A sneak peek on Lammania?
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Good thing you told everyone that when patch 1 (that wasn't really patch 1) came out....

Any wonder the playerbase moans about the lack of communication?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNuegebauer View Post
    Good thing you told everyone that when patch 1 (that wasn't really patch 1) came out....

Any wonder the playerbase moans about the lack of communication?
    I'll glady take late over never, please don't give 'em cause to regret progress
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Oh, nice! I had actually given up on seeing Warpriest, didn't know it was supposed to come out Patch 1, but still held on to my LR+20 token for my cleric in case I figured out my own "Warpriest" path. Will keep holding onto it for Patch 2 (assuming Warpriest does indeed drop then and not get bumped by another (necessary) hotfix). Can't wait to hear feedback from the sneak previews...
    Altoholic, barrel-smasher, flower-sniffer, 90% solo-er.
    Khyber: Sianys (26 Tempest), Heldre (17 Warpriest); Argonessen: Thalys (13 Ranger), Alansa (22 Mechanic); Sarlona: Liilana (26 Knight of the Chalice); Thelanis: Berda (18 Kensei/2 Eldritch Knight); Ghallanda: Rahelle (12 Wiz/2 Rogue ); Cannith: Dhia Dhuit (16 Druid)