Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Default Has anyone gotten any Astral Shards since the new Daily Dice were implemented

Pretty much the title, if know one knows a dev response would be nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    No. I'm pretty sure they removed them.

Community Member

Not sure if you'd consider it equivalent or not, but I actually got an Astral Diamond recently.

Hmmm, checking DDOwiki that seems odd because it says those were phased out. I definitely got one recently though and I don't remember from where.

Community Member

I have rolled 2 100s almost back to back since the change. Both times I got 1000 xp token and a BTA +1 tome. No astral shards.

I actually stopped getting shards quite a while before the new tables were introduced.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    No. I'm pretty sure they removed them.
    They better not have removed them the only reason I found the fact that alot of things require Astral shards nowadays was because its possible to get them for free through the Daily Dice.
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

no AS in quite awhile on silver or gold rolls for me. half the time I only receive xp and nothing else on my rolls. I smell a conspiracy theory brewing.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

No, good point.

Community Member

You guys just want something for free!! /End typical stupid forum response

These have been quite absent lately.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

I have not seen ANY since the update for sure and I think I got a total of 6 before so there weren't many coming out even then from my perspective.

Before there were Astral Shards I got far more Astral Diamonds (and damned if they weren't rare) than I got Shards even without the conversion rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    I have rolled 2 100s almost back to back since the change. Both times I got 1000 xp token and a BTA +1 tome. No astral shards.
    Same here, 2 100s, got crappy +1 tomes and 1k xp.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me they also removed the possibility to win a true druidic heart of wood on a silver roll since the silver roll has no category including quest tools. Not that I've ever won a true druidic heart of wood on a daily dice roll. An xp stone is definitely a lot nicer than a couple of crappy collectibles, don't get me wrong, but it seems like they removed some of the randomness that allowed for some really nice prizes that was the case with the earlier version of the silver daily dice.

Default nope.

I haven't. But I HAVE lost shards due to accidental double-click and lag. Pretty soon I won't have that issue anymore. 7 shards left. Ain't buying more.

Hmmm...no definite answers unless somebody actually gets Astral shards from a roll a Dev response is pretty much required

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Nope

Me and my guild have been keeping track, check my signature, since August 19. We are currently over 300 silver rolls, and no one has reported anything that is NOT on the list.

If you read the categories

XP
    XP + plat
    XP + consumables
    XP + Curatives
    XP + slayer boosts
    XP + XP Elixirs
    XP + Skill Tomes
    XP + Ability Tomes

As someone else stated, in a treasure chest I did pull an ASTRAL DIAMOND since august 19. Which I thought was strange, but I have pulled them before, probably a grand total of five.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

Hmmm...no definite answers unless somebody actually gets Astral shards from a roll a Dev response is pretty much required
    I did get an Astral Diamond either Sunday or Monday, which is pretty much the same thing since it breaks down into 4-6 Astral Shards.

oh wait....looking at the list it seems ALL the previous DDOstore items you could get have been removed...I loved when I got pets and cosmetic armors,etc.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default This is version 3 of Free Daily Silver dice rolls

When Silver Dice rolls first came out we got good stuff.

Raid Time Bypass, Jewelers Tool Kit, Astral Shards, etc. I did not like the collectables or the variety of consumables that caused your inventory to fill up.

Then it was changed and cut out the Raid Timers and the Jewelry tool kits. The good stuff. But you could still get collectables and essences. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee...............

Now, it has been nerfed down to make it a carrot to go VIP to get your Free Weekly Gold Roll. But I do like that there is no longer a variety of Slayer Count Boosts, or XP boosts. Just one type, and they stack.

One good thing, you roll a 100 you get an ability tome. Which is nice for the new player. Since the FREE DAILY DICE SILVER roll is catered to the new player, it is fine by me. After all, it is FREE.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Never got a single shard before. Still not getting those.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast