Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Pretty much the title, if know one knows a dev response would be nice
    Ya when it first came out i got some astral shards but now nothing when i roll a 100 just some xp and tomes not bad but i would like astral shards.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Of-The-Games View Post
    Ya when it first came out i got some astral shards but now nothing when i roll a 100 just some xp and tomes not bad but i would like astral shards.

Same here.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    how is astral shards being removed frm rolls unfair for anyone? every player in the game can get shards for free.

you get free tp from favor you can buy shards with that and start auctioning on the exchange to earn more

noone is being excluded from the astral shard economy...except by choice
    That's not free, then. That's earning something, and then being forced to spend it on something other than what you really want to spend it on. Its the difference between being paid in dollars, or in company dollars...its indentured service: "you can get a ride to the Colonies and start your own farm, but you have to do 4 years of hard labor first to pay for it".

Participating in the economy should never be a "buy-in" activity...groceries stores never charge a cover at the door. Participating in the economy should never require a tradeoff.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    That's not free, then. That's earning something, and then being forced to spend it on something other than what you really want to spend it on. Its the difference between being paid in dollars, or in company dollars...its indentured service: "you can get a ride to the Colonies and start your own farm, but you have to do 4 years of hard labor first to pay for it".

Participating in the economy should never be a "buy-in" activity...groceries stores never charge a cover at the door. Participating in the economy should never require a tradeoff.
    its as free as anything else in the game (no rl money required ) if you want to participate you can ....all economys are buy in,all trade something for something else

stateing that no astral shards in free rolls =s that you have to spend real money to participate in the astral shard economy is a blatant falsehood

i got my shards for free from the weekly freebie and have turned those few shards into close to 4k shards without spending a single penny or tp

Quote Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
    No AS but when I blew about 450 AS on gold rolls, I did get 2 x +5 Tomes (Cha & Int) on 2 rolls of 100.
    I also got a bubble and a half worth of xp at level 19 (roughly 150k xp or so).

I probably got couple of +4 skill tomes but can't really recall.

Update.

I spent another 350ish AS on gold rolls.
    I rolled 100 once but did not get a +5 tome this time. I got a upgrade to +4 from +3 tome CHA instead.

Makes me wonder if I got really really lucky the first time or if they changed the award already.

Update (12/19/13 rolls)

I just TR-ed into a Bladeforged and wanted to take advantage of 2x XP from the dice rolls (got tired of leveling) so I spent about 1400 astral shard on gold rolls yesterday.

I believe I rolled 100 twice and got 1 lesser heart of wood & 1 EPIC heart of wood.
    Also got
    1x upgrade balance from 3 to 4 skill tome
    1x thinking cap (cosmetic helm)
    1x glow eyes (purple I think)
    and bunch of usual ****.

and leveled from 17 (2 bubbles in or so) to level 20.

Community Member

I received 25 plus a pseudodragon certificate on a 99 weekly gold roll.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Yes i got 35 astral shards a few days ago. But thats the 1st time i've had any for a long time. Also got 15k xp :-)
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Nothing so far.

you talk about the daily dice roll as being free like that then means you should not complain.. "free is better than nothing." But the unusually bad rolls from daily dice and the poor quality of prizes along with the degradation of prizes really makes it a bad system. Sure Free is great but I think I would prefer getting nothing free if I after I have received said free I also get the sour feeling of being cheated. Way to go Turbine.. chock this one up as another notch on your great customer service board lol

I think it's completely okay as it is, I just wish instead of giving me a completely useless amount of XP I'd get some items, minor ones but useful ones.
    Regarding tomes hmm, if you keep rolling everyday simple statistics would grant you a +5 tome every 3 months and a few days, so I'm happy it was nerfed and sad I never rolled a 100 before it was. Imagine how many players would go around getting free +5 tomes, this is utter ridiculous Daily Dice shouldn't ever give you something like that.

so far i must have rolled about 7 gold rolls, after the last update, and i remember 1 time i got 75 shards, i cant recall the Dice though.
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing
    My trade list: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-My-Trade-List

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

It is obvious why they were removed: your free daily roll can ultimately lead to a free daily level up.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    It is obvious why they were removed: your free daily roll can ultimately lead to a free daily level up.
    If it is a joke, I do not get it.

If it is not a joke, I do not see what Seikojin can possibly mean. It's not like you can buy Otto's Boxes with astral shards.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

New or old, I never got any shards from there.

The only time I rolled 100 was +1=>+2 BtC intimidate tome.

Community Member

I personally don’t care what they give out as reward, on free or gold roll. However, there should be a way in game to get some shards for free, a very low limited amount, but some. Shards are the clearest pay to win implementation i have seen in DDO, but what about a “work to win” option? Just about everything that is sold in game, should be some options to work to get them.

Anyways, don’t care too much as it’s a system that can be avoided and i don’t have any issue with other people paying real money to buy shards that they give to others with a 30% cut taken by turbine....

how is astral shards being removed frm rolls unfair for anyone? every player in the game can get shards for free.

you get free tp from favor you can buy shards with that and start auctioning on the exchange to earn more

Many people justify Turbine selling raw character power in their store by saying its ok as long as it can be had free by earning it in game as well. Drawing these types of arbitrary artificial lines is why people get irritated when their ability to earn it free is compromised.

I dont think its unfair for everyone either. The folks who supported it hand over fist should still be in full support of Turbine adjusting their system to make more money. We all knew all along what the purpose of the A$AH system was.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Hero

I've rolled a Gold 100 and received 100 AS among other things just in the last week.

Community Member

How is the removal or reduction of ways to get Astral Shards unfair? Well, it contradicts the information that we've been given about the availablity of gaining Astral Shards in game.

Here's one sample of someone from Turbine saying such a thing:

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post

Another area where you will see several changes is in the introduction of more uses for Astral Diamond shards throughout our game. Volume 3 of the monster manual, which is now available as of Update 17, not only offers a chance to earn your own beholder pet, we also now let you earn direct-to-pocket Astral Shards. In the near future we will add more ways for you to earn free shards as well as some compelling new ways to use them to enhance your DDO gaming experience.
    I could give you more examples, but they are extremely hard to track down. The reason they are hard to track down was because they were posts on Lamannia during those unstable periods where the Devs posts were not appearing on the tracker and the forums were totally FUBARed. If my memory is correct, one of the responses was when players complained about Daily Dice not having a confirm roll, in which the Devs shrugged off saying that Shards could be gained free in-game. The other time was when players were vocally against the various Shard schemes in the Shadowfail "expansion", when the Devs finally caved to add a confirm button for re-rolling loot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by blueshift View Post
    you talk about the daily dice roll as being free like that then means you should not complain.. "free is better than nothing." But the unusually bad rolls from daily dice and the poor quality of prizes along with the degradation of prizes really makes it a bad system. Sure Free is great but I think I would prefer getting nothing free if I after I have received said free I also get the sour feeling of being cheated. Way to go Turbine.. chock this one up as another notch on your great customer service board lol
    Seeing your posts tonight i think you should just leave, your comments are not constructive in the least, just whiny.

If you are so ****ed at the game just go find something else to do, instead of moaning about it to people who on the whole, actully like and enjoy the game.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast