Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I obtained 75 of them last week. It was via one of my Thelanis server rolls. Cannot recall if gold or silver however.
    Last edited by enochiancub; 09-10-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

I won the Silver roll the day before the update dropped, and got 35 AS, but haven't seen any since. I generally roll on 3 separate servers a day.
    Where is my GREATBOW???

No AS but when I blew about 450 AS on gold rolls, I did get 2 x +5 Tomes (Cha & Int) on 2 rolls of 100.
    I also got a bubble and a half worth of xp at level 19 (roughly 150k xp or so).

I probably got couple of +4 skill tomes but can't really recall.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by gurgar78 View Post
    I did get an Astral Diamond either Sunday or Monday, which is pretty much the same thing since it breaks down into 4-6 Astral Shards.
    You got the Diamond from the dice roll? That is what we're talking about.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

So yeah devs...any word on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

They'd rather give out XP than AS, jewellers kits, creature companions or most things you could buy in the DDO store because XP is the one thing that shouldn't be acceptable to be selling (except Otto's, apparently), and giving away XP deprives them of profit the least.

yeah, I liked the randomness of the daily rolls before. like you never knew what you could get, but now it is pretty much boring.

it is nice to get some experience tokens once in a while, but it seems out of place that you get them on each roll.

I feel like when the daily dice were first introduced, one of the devs had said that f2players should not feel left out of the gold rolls because you CAN eventually earn enough astral shards to eventually roll on the gold, but now.... I am not sure if that was a developer that said that or if it was just a general forum post.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    They'd rather give out XP than AS, jewellers kits, creature companions or most things you could buy in the DDO store because XP is the one thing that shouldn't be acceptable to be selling (except Otto's, apparently), and giving away XP deprives them of profit the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    yeah, I liked the randomness of the daily rolls before. like you never knew what you could get, but now it is pretty much boring.

it is nice to get some experience tokens once in a while, but it seems out of place that you get them on each roll.

I feel like when the daily dice were first introduced, one of the devs had said that f2players should not feel left out of the gold rolls because you CAN eventually earn enough astral shards to eventually roll on the gold, but now.... I am not sure if that was a developer that said that or if it was just a general forum post.
    The ability to get Astral shards was the ONLY reason I've accepted the gold rolls and the various other things that relied on them if they truly have been removed I now disapprove entirely of any of those features.

Oh and the ability to get various ddostore items such as concentrated mana pots, cosmetic armors/pets and other random things...I loved it...made me want to log on every day, now i only really roll if im behind on XP in my static group
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
    No AS but when I blew about 450 AS on gold rolls, I did get 2 x +5 Tomes (Cha & Int) on 2 rolls of 100.
    I also got a bubble and a half worth of xp at level 19 (roughly 150k xp or so).

I probably got couple of +4 skill tomes but can't really recall.
    Now this makes me want to do gold rolls.
    Bound tomes?

Astral Shards were removed as a reward option in Daily Dice with the release of Update 19.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Astral Shards were removed as a reward option in Daily Dice with the release of Update 19.

Any insight into the reasoning why they were removed, or if they might return at some furture point?
    Where is my GREATBOW???

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Now this makes me want to do gold rolls.
    Bound tomes?
    Bound to Account as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmor View Post
    Any insight into the reasoning why they were removed, or if they might return at some furture point?

If people win AS...they wont sell as many AS from the DDO store would be my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I ran Where there is Smoke ELITE on a level 4, first life 28 hit point rogue, never TRd, no guild buffs, using a hireling cleric. One shotted two times at the first dog area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Main toons on G-land: IronMunter, Iamhal, Mehhh, Dahh

Did I miss this in the realease notes?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by cave_diver View Post
    If people win AS...they wont sell as many AS from the DDO store would be my opinion.
    Exactly. AS are DDO's "real currency-to-game currency" objects. They don't want to give away a money maker, for free. Otherwise they'd still be dropping in the Daily Dice, and they'd drop far more often in chests. That's also why, when they do drop in chests, there are so few of them.

Community Member

Do you remember when the Astral Shard stuff first appeared in the game what people were complaining about? I do, it was lack of ways to gain Astral Shards without the DDOStore. It was pointed out that players could gain free Astral Shards in the game via the Daily Dice. So this seems like another bait and switch by Turbine, although it didn't initially cost players real money like the House C Challenges or the Shadowfell Expansion.

Removing Astral Shards from the Daily Dice has to be the second dumbest thing about the Daily Dice. Number one is the lack of confirmation button (that was sold to players as being WAI and feature they should be smart enough to use properly). The third dumbest thing done to the daily dice is the removal of all those cosmetic items.

Well I now disapprove of anything that require astral shards to use (anything that use Astral shards as an alternative is fine)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Well I now disapprove of anything that require astral shards to use (anything that use Astral shards as an alternative is fine)
    Hear, hear. The only reason I was willing to accept the ASAH and an AS-based economy in general was because there was the ability to gain AS in-game, albeit slowly. Just like TP. It let any player eventually earn their way into the AS economy.

By removing that ability to gain AS through gameplay, you're completely partitioning the economy. Now, new players have no way to get into that economy unless they pay into it first. You're creating a two-class system - payers and non-payers - and that goes completely against everything DDO's done so far to not create a P2W caste system.

AS are worth more than plat. Anything really worthwhile that's sellable is going to be sold for AS instead of plat. Therefore, only people who pay into the AS system will be able to participate in the AS economy and have access to the most desirable items. There's a de facto ceiling on the plat-based economy.

Its pure P2W, you simply cant avoid that fact. Return AS to the DD rolls, add them as rare chest loot, something...but they need to be available via gameplay - and I don't mean by spending your earned TP on them...

Or, alternatively, remove the AS cost for posting items on the ASAH, so that players don't have to "buy in" to participate in the AS economy, they can simply start to earn AS as soon as they're acquiring worthwhile items to trade.

I admit that I don't object to the fact they made this choice to use AS as a currency you can only buy in the store. (It is their right to choose this economic path)
    What I do not like is that indeed so many things are outbalanced because of this. I totally agree with droid327's point on this. And besides the AS AH there are now far too many things that have a too big advantage for those who are eager to spend lots vs the ones who don't or do it balanced.
    So if you want to shift the AS to a buy only section then adjust your AS system so it wouldn't get unfair (or to some even more unfair).

Community Member

how is astral shards being removed frm rolls unfair for anyone? every player in the game can get shards for free.

you get free tp from favor you can buy shards with that and start auctioning on the exchange to earn more

noone is being excluded from the astral shard economy...except by choice

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast