Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hero

Default When are sagas returning?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

We're expecting to reopen Sagas in the next update if possible, but we'll let you know.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We're expecting to reopen Sagas in the next update if possible, but we'll let you know.
    Update? So ~6 months?!? Shocking that a new system is introduced and immediately so broken it won't be back for half a year.

Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Update? So ~6 months?!? Shocking that a new system is introduced and immediately so broken it won't be back for half a year.

Or not.
    Doubly so since Updates come out every 3 months on average.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by DemonMage View Post
    We just had U19 and the tentative release for U20 is late 2013 or early 2014. January or February is 5-6 months out. Even if it's December that's 5 months from Xpac release date. And that's if it's possible. If it's not, it's longer.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 09-04-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cordovan View Post
    SOON
    ftfy
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonMage View Post
    U20 is supposed to be Epic TR. If they keep to schedule with rolling that out, I expect it to take longer than a normal update.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Community Member

So Dev time was taken away from making a better Expansion for another new system that wasn't completed that was introduced with the last expansion. So instead of making a raid to make up for the last two undelivered raids, better named loot, more quests and numerous other things that would have made the Expansion (not update) better, another Dev project/pet-project that was either incomplete for release or broke an existing working system was a priority.

At least it appears this system may have a purpose, unlike the Heroic/Epic timers being separated for a "possible-maybe future changes that could happen but we're not planning on it so it's not on our whiteboard."

But these pet projects that are broken or incomplete are really hurting the game. The generic loot generation is another one with this update. If I pull another Shocking (Roman numeral) of Ghostbane (Roman numeral) weapon, my wireless mouse is going to end up on the other side of the room. The number of identical generic items that I've been pulling is horrible. And then the armors were made even worse.

Can we get less pet system projects in the game and more focus on content? Especially when the content is p2p content like the Expansion?

if you didn't talk to the saga giver is the quests still tracking? what happens if you run them twice? does the higher one stack?
    Proud member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy, but we get &@#$% done.

Kilthar-Thar-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Klunk-Robothar-Minithar-Tharissa-Miriella

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know.
    I am a new VIP player just subbed week ago and loving it.
    So what are Saga's?

Quote Originally Posted by Glithanes View Post
    I am a new VIP player just subbed week ago and loving it.
    So what are Saga's?
    Sagas are a way to gain additional rewards by completing a quest chain in a select difficulty. There was also a way to upgrade your reward.

For example, if you complete all of the MOTU quests in Epic Elite, you were able to choose between additional 134,000 XP, 15,000 renown or random +3 skill tomes.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnsfire View Post
    U20 is supposed to be Epic TR. If they keep to schedule with rolling that out, I expect it to take longer than a normal update.
    *wonders* who will be the guinea pig for EPIC TR to watch it all go wrong lol
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    Sagas are a way to gain additional rewards by completing a quest chain in a select difficulty. There was also a way to upgrade your reward.

For example, if you complete all of the MOTU quests in Epic Elite, you were able to choose between additional 134,000 XP, 15,000 renown or random +3 skill tomes.
    Damn thats so nice...........too bad will have to wait over 6 months to get it.

Community Member

what was so bugged with them that they required to be taken out anyway? I had heard that there were a few people that wasnt able to get their exp because it became a token and didnt get eaten kinda like how renown tokens do occassionaly. but if that was it you'd think it'd be an easy fix by just making the item a clickable shard like the ones from the daily dice.

Quote Originally Posted by XiaNYdE View Post
    I will be that guinea pig. Am leveling my shadar-kai assassin up now and plan to try the whole Epic TR thing with that toon to see how it goes. If it seems worth it and fun (and works) then I will take my main down that road eventually, but my main has a ways to go before getting completionist first.

This is, of course, assuming that the epic TR comes out the same time they allow iconics to TR, which they have said will be the case, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    what was so bugged with them that they required to be taken out anyway? I had heard that there were a few people that wasnt able to get their exp because it became a token and didnt get eaten kinda like how renown tokens do occassionaly. but if that was it you'd think it'd be an easy fix by just making the item a clickable shard like the ones from the daily dice.
    Obviously an exploit.

If it was simply bugged or broken, they would have left it in for people to complain about.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by XiaNYdE View Post

Normally I would say "I bet they let us try it out on Lamannia". And then I looked back at the past and laughed. Good thing I didn't say that, I would have sounded so stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Normally I would say "I bet they let us try it out on Lamannia". And then I looked back at the past and laughed. Good thing I didn't say that, I would have sounded so stupid!
    You know they could actually get content out faster if they just skipped lamannia entirely and simply patched on live. I mean all the "This is definitely fixed for live" bugs still make it in anyway. Why bother previewing.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    You know they could actually get content out faster if they just skipped lamannia entirely and simply patched on live. I mean all the "This is definitely fixed for live" bugs still make it in anyway. Why bother previewing.
    I agree but it's marketing. Especially for the paid updates (I can't in good faith call them expansions anymore). Anything to drum up word of mouth (like when talking to guildies or in groups). We aren't really testing the content but rather how effective it is as a marketing ploy. I bet they will drop it entirely as soon as it doesn't become effective from that standpoint.

Community Member

I hope you mean Patch, rather than Update, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast