Angry Staff Specialization and Improved Critical Feat do not stack?

So I have a Rogue Acrobat / Monk that I am leveling. Currently Rogue 9 and Monk 6. I took Tier5 enhancement Staff Specialization (from Thief-Acrobat tree) and at level 15 I took Improved Critical Bludgeoning in order to get 18-20 critical range, at least that was the plan. I equip my different staves and all I get is 19-20 …

Am I doing something wrong?
    Do they not stack?
    Should I visit Fred and get something more useful than IC

Help please
    Since I did not know who I was, they made me take a test so now I know.
    I lead Blue then Green and Red. No Yellow. That means, I like to figure things out first, I like to find a way to please everybody but do not waste my time. And no, I do not like people... Thus I play solo and I have gimped gear....

Quote Originally Posted by PNP View Post
    So I have a Rogue Acrobat / Monk that I am leveling. Currently Rogue 9 and Monk 6. I took Tier5 enhancement Staff Specialization (from Thief-Acrobat tree) and at level 15 I took Improved Critical Bludgeoning in order to get 18-20 critical range, at least that was the plan. I equip my different staves and all I get is 19-20 …

Am I doing something wrong?
    Do they not stack?
    Should I visit Fred and get something more useful than IC

Help please
    I think i can help, have you tried to use the staff to see what number your are actually critting on? I had an issue with my Duerguar War axes where i was only showing 17-20 range but was in actual fact critin on a 15-20 as it should.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    I think i can help, have you tried to use the staff to see what number your are actually critting on? I had an issue with my Duerguar War axes where i was only showing 17-20 range but was in actual fact critin on a 15-20 as it should.
    Following your advice I went to the ship and start hitting the dummy:
    (Combat): You attack Training Dummy. You roll a 17 (+36): you hit!
    (Combat): You roll to confirm a critical on Training Dummy. You roll a 20 (+36): Critical hit resisted!

So it seems like the range is indeed 17-20 now which is pretty cool for a staff.

Thanks again, almost got my brain washed...
    I lead Blue then Green and Red. No Yellow. That means, I like to figure things out first, I like to find a way to please everybody but do not waste my time. And no, I do not like people... Thus I play solo and I have gimped gear....

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Improved critical does not show up when examining a weapon you have to actually watch your hit rolls to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Improved critical does not show up when examining a weapon you have to actually watch your hit rolls to see it.
    I realized that.... now... lol

Thanks

I wished they would mention something on wiki - could not see that part when i was trying to find some info, at least now I know.

Cheers

Is this peculiar to Q-staffs? The improved crit (slashing) is showing up fine on my rogue.
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    Is this peculiar to Q-staffs? The improved crit (slashing) is showing up fine on my rogue.
    No, it isn't particular to Q-staffs, but it isn't effecting everything. It's a display bug, and for all I know, it's a totally random display bug. :P

I think improved crit is fine - its the enhancements that are off.

I would hazard that their model for enhancements is to be to show the effects on the currently held weapon ie. the thief acrobat dex application to attack and damage only shows on the currently held weapon - crit range changes show there too.

I just made my L21 druid into a 15/5 druid rogue - I noticed the same thing and tested it. I like these new class combos alot. I was originally going to go 12/5/3 Druid/Rogue/Monk but I was LRing and wasn't lawful so monk was out - which is ok since now with L15 I get heal and earthquake - so not too bad at all. Now to get Fury and LD filled out and see how it really pans out.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    Really? I don't think I've had any character that ever had improved critical show up. The rogue enhancements do show (as long as the weapon is actually equipped)

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Really? I don't think I've had any character that ever had improved critical show up. The rogue enhancements do show (as long as the weapon is actually equipped)
    IPC does show up in the weapons details under your inventory

you can check the details drop down in your inventory and also mouse over the weapon to compare the critical ranges

the weapon itself should show the actual critical range of the weapon while the details drop down should show with IPC

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post
    Now to get Fury and LD filled out and see how it really pans out.
    Friggin awesome is how. I ran that build on Lama (WF) and was so great I rolled one on Live. Cleave spamming, doublestriking, high-critting maniac.

Only drawback is Sireth is ineligible for Shillelagh...

Default so...

well... im just gonna let this screenshots do the explaining...

I do have 'Improved Critical: Bludgeon' but not 'Pulverizer' from Ldread' tier5...

... but i do have acrobat tier5 'Staff Specialization'

so... enjoy!
    Last edited by MalarKan; 11-18-2013 at 08:34 AM. Reason: forgot one screenshot
    Cisko from Argonessen: Prodigious Lord of Shadows, Master Locksmith and Deadly Firedancer
    (6th pure rogue life and counting)
    Long LiveR.O.G.U.E.