Community Member

Question Build Request: Past Life build for getting Ranger PL

I need to get 3 ranger past lives for a build I want to do fourth life.

I have decided first life to go 11 ranger (Full twf feat chain -- could be persuaded to go 12th level ranger if that's when I get more spells) / 6 fighter (Kensai chain & feats) / 3 monk (For fists of light & undead killers for easier levelling/soloing).

So my thoughts are 11 Ranger/6 Fighter/3 Monk...

What would you recommend?

Bare in mind this build is already in progress - currently just swinging around a great axe to fly through early levels with 2 monk levels done and working up fighter before getting my ranger levels.

Have thought about artificer but have never played one before so don't know if it would be a good idea, or not...

Any input is appreciated,
    thanks

Tezra.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tarios View Post
    I need to get 3 ranger past lives for a build I want to do fourth life.

I have decided first life to go 11 ranger (Full twf feat chain -- could be persuaded to go 12th level ranger if that's when I get more spells) / 6 fighter (Kensai chain & feats) / 3 monk (For fists of light & undead killers for easier levelling/soloing).

So my thoughts are 11 Ranger/6 Fighter/3 Monk...

What would you recommend?

Bare in mind this build is already in progress - currently just swinging around a great axe to fly through early levels with 2 monk levels done and working up fighter before getting my ranger levels.

Have thought about artificer but have never played one before so don't know if it would be a good idea, or not...

Any input is appreciated,
    thanks

Tezra.
    Here is the standard Arti leveler WF 7 Arti, 6 Rogue, 7 x (everything but druid), boom. Same gear every time basically, and you just add one to the ease. That's a cheesy way to get a quick PL, but it works if that's all you are looking for.

But since you already started it looks good I suppose and that's a great split. You will have way more feats than you can possibly know what to do with though. You only get 1 more spell of level 3 at 12 than by going 11, no extra feats or anything, so 11 is fine if you can decide on one level 3 spell you really love. I think you might give up too much, but you'll have to look at the enhancement trees to see if you could spend the points eleswhere for a similar if not much lesser effect for 1 more spell and access to 5 tier abilities in Ranger. It might be worth it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whitering View Post
    Here is the standard Arti leveler WF 7 Arti, 6 Rogue, 7 x (everything but druid), boom. Same gear every time basically, and you just add one to the ease. That's a cheesy way to get a quick PL, but it works if that's all you are looking for.

But since you already started it looks good I suppose and that's a great split. You will have way more feats than you can possibly know what to do with though. You only get 1 more spell of level 3 at 12 than by going 11, no extra feats or anything, so 11 is fine if you can decide on one level 3 spell you really love. I think you might give up too much, but you'll have to look at the enhancement trees to see if you could spend the points eleswhere for a similar if not much lesser effect for 1 more spell and access to 5 tier abilities in Ranger. It might be worth it.

Yeah I looked at that but the post was marked as posted in 2012 or something, so I was unsure whether it was still viable or not.

Ranger being such a versatile class (getting both TWF and Ranged feats for free) makes it difficult to recommend a build without knowing what 4th life you are planning for. Gut instinct is repeater artificer and you're looking for the PL's for the +6 dmg to ranged.

But yea, some idea of what you plan on the 4th life would go a long way in recommending a build so that gear you acquire during the TR process would be useful to whatever you TR him into.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14