Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

I'm surprised you're finding them hard to fill tbh.

I also view them as a fun romp to celebrate the regaining of my Epic Destiny powers.

Just make sure your lfm level range is upto 21, they're on Elite and you don't wait for a full group to start. Jump in with a hire, "fun/favour/xp bb" lfm and I'd be stunned if you weren't full by the time you were 10mins in.

The Epic kids will undoubtedly do the lion's share of devil busting but myeh.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Quote Originally Posted by old-school View Post
    I'm with the others: the XP per quest is far too low. 5-10K max on elite, with some as low as 3K. And to add insult to injury the drop rate on named gear is so low you could spend months farming and never get all you need. The bottom line is those quests are just not worth the effort. It may be a little better now that they relaxed the ransack penalty on XP but I doubt it.

Are you in a guild? If not, joining will help with leveling more than anything else - more people to group with, more opportunity to run raids (without PUGing), and overall more support. If you are interested let me know.
    You must be talking about the non flagging TOD quests. I don't remember what the xp is for them on elite, but you would be right for those. The flaggers are actually higher. The lowest one was for about 14k just stepping in. Can't remember the name, but it was the one with the DQ look a like at the end.

Reasons why Amrath is not run as much anymore

1. No longer end game with end game loot. Loot became twink as people were slotting other things in epic levels with better gear. +4 tomes can be bought on P2WAH and lucky to see one on AH.

2. Sets are not working right. All the easier to move on to other gear.

3. Xp was fine when cap was 20, but with little incentive to run the quests, you can get better xp elsewhere and a lot easier.

The biggest reason right now to even run those quests is for Yugo favor and you can just solo it at 28 on elite or grab some friends to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    it got nerfed in U14. The mobs absolutely used to hit harder. I believe they also got to-hit lowered as AC works great there even on elite.
    Oh yeah, I remember 150+ hit fort bypassing crits on 80+ ac with 4 people, when exc fort was new thing.
    Last time on melee was on monky thing cleaning after mass BB raping evoker.
    On caster lives only ehn Sins basically is worth it.

If there's a lfm for Amrath now once per month, it's either casual flag, "need good cc" for Sins with buncha 25 toons looking pretty on their ship, 1+ hour active "all dead" Invasion " need good fvs for end fight " or something stupid like that.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    1+ hour active "all dead" Invasion " need good fvs for end fight " or something stupid like that.
    Actually they made him Immune to Blade Barrier on Elite. Yeah, that's right, Immune to Blade Barrier- the spell. Not force, not magic missles. Only the named spell. LOL @ Turbine devs

Amrath is dead because devs have ignored our repeated multiple pleas to increase the xp for those quests.

Increasing the exp for a quest should be a very simple change, coding wise. Discussing whether the change is warranted might take a little more time, but they've had YEARS to discuss this.

I have no idea what justification they came up with to keep the exp low. It's more likely they never discussed it at all... And of course, ToD rings are mostly worthless now.

And so no one runs Amrath anymore...

I'm not sure what the devs are thinking about this... I'd love to hear their thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Other than the raid, people NEVER ran Amrath much.... not even on day one of release.

One partial exception was Weapon's Shipment. Which people consider easy loot. (and NEVER do the optional.)

..and I do not understand why either.

The only thing I dislike about Amrath is the end fight of New Invasion. (which is a lot easier with a party of people with Epic Destinies now.)

You can still get some XP for a quest 6 levels under yours.
    -99% of base, but the way the calculation is done with optionals is comes out a lot better than it sounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Oh yeah, I remember 150+ hit fort bypassing crits on 80+ ac with 4 people, when exc fort was new thing.
    Last time on melee was on monky thing cleaning after mass BB raping evoker.
    On caster lives only ehn Sins basically is worth it.
    Solo'd Sins Elite on a Fighter 16/Monk 2 Kensai with 41 AC. I'm not sure how many Silverflame pots it took but it was worth it!

Ok, here's the deal:

I decided to try and run my wizzy (seeing that I had a heck of a time getting PUGs for those quests done on elite when he was in heroic levels) in Amrath for favor. He's lvl 26 at this point. I did Sins on elite solo - pulled in 19K xp. First time, on elite appearently.

However, the other quests almost require a PUG or another participant. Invasion was a HUGE PITA, and I died at endfight without FoM, Ticked me off to no end. So I decide to run Bastion with a hireling, and try the level trick. No dice. For some reason, even though I have the levers targeted, I cannot get that frickin' hireling to trigger them. So, I'm left to PUG these, which no one seems to want to PUG.

But if what I saw was correct, 5 levels over the quest level on Elite (which, I guess, translates to 2 - 3 levels over) and I'm still pulling 19K, I figure people would want to run these not just for the XP, bust also the Yugo favor. Appearantly not the case.

So I look to run my Paladin - no interest whatsoever. Yet people will run the new High Road stiff as well as the heroic Eveningstar quests, and the XP on those just plain outright sucks.

I mean, I see a lot of the reasons why people would not run them, but when they are running quicker quests for basically crapola XP, it makes me wonder.

I've got a rank and a half to go on my pally. Maybe I'll just slog it out and then skip Amrath...

Unless you run it with an exceptionally skilled and knowledgeable group, the quests are long and reward incredibly poor xp.

You get more xp in most level 15 quests than in Amrath. Plus, as everyone is saying, the loot is bad. I used to like that belt of the defender, that has con+6 and greater false life (+30), but with the newer loot, I can make better combos.

It's a shame. I have wanted to run the main raid for a while, but just never got around to it. I have all the ingredients for the boots, too! But no idea how to put them together - and just haven't been bothered to figure it out.

Oh, well.

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Unless you run it with an exceptionally skilled and knowledgeable group, the quests are long and reward incredibly poor xp.

You get more xp in most level 15 quests than in Amrath. Plus, as everyone is saying, the loot is bad. I used to like that belt of the defender, that has con+6 and greater false life (+30), but with the newer loot, I can make better combos.

It's a shame. I have wanted to run the main raid for a while, but just never got around to it. I have all the ingredients for the boots, too! But no idea how to put them together - and just haven't been bothered to figure it out.

Oh, well.
    ya that was another thing. That damn wiki was real sketchy on making those and the tower thing. Turns out for the boots you just talk to the guy at the teleporter there with all the ingredients in your main inventory (not a bag)

You do that, then you can farm your soul away for a ring probably more elusive then the esos shard lol.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

about the only thing worth it loot wise is to get favour for the yugo pots, and some of the neck/belts make good clickies, and that stalwart neck for extra boosts, but most people already have those, and the quests are long, so xp per minute is not that great.

jump/invis/ and gh clickies. meh.

I love the Amrath quests. Too bad everyone is hung up on xp/min and not fun/min, because these things are a riot with a good party. Or even with a bunch of newbs.

But yes, getting a party is hard to do because of the aforementioned focus on accomplishment rather than fun. But it's worth a try, sometimes good parties still run them.

Community Member

Red face

You'll always find a recently leveled tr'ed Wizards who run Amrath, well those who want to max their dc's anyway. Post U19 Elite New Invasion and Sins of Attrition were pretty easy to solo on a Palemaster, although I pug'ed Bastion for the portal beating and Genesis Point for the lever pulls.

It is run, not as often as it should. A fine quest chain.

1) XP is so HORRIBLE it's not even funny
    2) loot is outdated, sets are not working
    3) XP is HORRIBLE
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Default The boots needed for and hazing the new person in the Raid.

The ingredients needed for the boots in order to do the raid is a cool concept in a game and neat because it adds a sense of accomplishment to the entire story line that Amrath encompasses. But I think a lot of folks would rather have the boots did not exist at all and taken out as a means to do the Raid.

Making the boots mandatory to do the raid, but not needed to enter the raid, and being able to troll on party members who forgot/forget them in their TR Bank or simply didn't know they were needed and flagged for the raid without collecting all the ingredients. The star bellied sneaches story by Dr. Seus is a perfect example of this. This can sometimes either be funny or downright disastrous and a reason to rage quit!

Also it is a fun thing/practice to haze the new guy/gal ( all in fun ) at the chest before the end boss to give all the loot the rest of the party has in that chest, in the new persons name, so their backpacks get full inventory. But they also get the gear they may have been looking for. So even though it is mean it helps them.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    But Amrath, I thought, would be no problem to group and fill - no dice.
    Yugoloth potions are the only reason to run those quests now. With the new ransack system in place you should really just stick to the fast XP quests such as Running with the Devils, Monastery of the Scorpion, The Sane Asylum, etc. Also keep in mind that level 19 is almost never worth taking as most groups near the end of the Heroic levels are maximum level 18 groups.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum View Post

At long last, you finally reach the pit fiend lord! A vicious battle ensues! Will the heroes of Stormreach triumph? The battle rages on. After a long, pitched fight with the devil lord and several close calls which almost ended in your ultimate demise, you finally take him down and emerge victorious!

And get.... 5.3K XP.
    LOL!

Exactly.
    The loot is easily overshadowed by every random loot drop since level 15 now.
    The XP per minute is awful. Just shamefully poor. It's like they forcibly slowed xp down to delay level 20 back in the day, and these have never been adjusted to be in sync with the fact that 20 hasn't been cap for a long time now.

Why spend an hour out there for 10K when you can hold 18 and run vale's in a fraction of the time for 3 times the return?
    Then once you hit 20, it's epics all the way. Why get 10K for two quest thats can take an hour to run when you can hit Von3 and get 60K in 10 minutes within 3 steps from a guild ship portal?
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

It is a long walk and my feet hurt. There isn't a good ship-nav option for smaller guilds to get their quickly.

I generally do them *last* on a TR train ... head out there, run the explorers / rares and try to hit a group or two doing quests ... then cap and TR.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    I love the Amrath quests. Too bad everyone is hung up on xp/min and not fun/min, because these things are a riot with a good party. Or even with a bunch of newbs.
    Some of them. New invasion is just a PITA- I don't consider running around in a random maze for most of an hour and then getting one-shotted at the boss fun. Not by any definition.

What's really killed Amrath is the "epic break" at 20. People still run them, just not in PUGs, and not at level. The XP isn't any worse at 21/22, EDs make them faster and less painful, and it's assured you'll rarely see at-level runs.
    Last edited by FrancisP.Fancypants; 09-06-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Yugoloth potions are the only reason to run those quests now.
    Even if this were true (it isn't), yugoloth potions would be more of a reason than about 80% of the game has. The only reason you want XP is so that you can "level up" and gain higher ability scores and other stats - making a new set of content available (in your case, for acquiring loot).

+2 to any or every stat (even with their disabilities added in) is much more power-boosting than the people here seem to think. It isn't that there is no desire to run Amrath, the problem is simply that people don't know how to do it. Just like EE and other metagames, the first time you create a red alert in Bastion is probably going to be a wipe unless you have someone with you that knew it was coming.

I like Amrath for the most part. The chief area where it failed is the aggro-through-walls and spawn-on-top-of-you-without-warnings. Other than that it is one of the more fun areas of the game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast