Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Can anyone explain to me...

...why no one runs Amrath quests anymore? I've got my pally at lvl 19, and I'm almost literally crawling my way to 20. I've done the IQ thing, though it is difficult getting a group for the Mindsundererererer quests (no problem whatsoever for Dreaming Dark). But Amrath, I thought, would be no problem to group and fill - no dice.

So, anyone got an explanation?

long quests with not great xp and most of the loot has been phased out
    Elemo IronCast - Patorikku Yama - Happyfruit Wardancer - Toysoldier - Wookiee ~Ghallanda~

The xp vs difficulty vs time is horrendous.
    The time it takes to complete one of them on elite some times is equivalent to / longer than running Coal Chamber which was designed to be a long quest.
    Also since the loot no longer works with the PrE, that just killed all drive to run them. I have not seen many ToD's up on Thelanis LFMs. I have actually seen more Hounds.
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

Community Member

Because even on a third life, you get to 20 way way before amrath, and then the xp is horrible when compared to epic xp.

Community Member

The new xp mechanic is partially to blame as well. Its now easier just to log on and play through some of the more easy/better xp quests for your level range another time or two each night then it is to try to run things for first time bonuses.

Because staying at 18 and doing daily 2x Litany, Missing, Sane Asylum, Rwtd, Etk, Monastery ( +Sins if caster ) or Even Vol+Gop gives 10x more xp.
    Tod gear is **** except Holy burst for monks, Ravager , Shintao and maybe Gilvaenor's.
    Has always been better shortmanned.
    4 TOMES IT THE STORE.

That said, Amrath is terrific and grows your cojones.
    Ghallanda

Amrath.

You enter the pits of heck. You fight untold legions of the some of the most powerful beings in the universe - devils! (well, they're not quite the most powerful - that title goes to wolves & deer).

You battle your way to the dungeon, risking life and limb. The barbed devils, with their spears, gouging you at every corner, threatening your life every step of the way.

You enter the dungeon, fight through hoards of devils, evil wizards & other creatures too foul to describe. Your life hangs in the balance, you survive by the skin of your teeth. Powerful devil lords riddle your path, every inch of the way there lurks ultimate disaster.

Will you be able to push through to defeat the evil general that threatens all of Stormreach? It is yet unknown as you have managed to descend two levels into the most brutal place in all the realms! (again, most brutal other than the forest behind your house).

At long last, you finally reach the pit fiend lord! A vicious battle ensues! Will the heroes of Stormreach triumph? The battle rages on. After a long, pitched fight with the devil lord and several close calls which almost ended in your ultimate demise, you finally take him down and emerge victorious!

And get.... 5.3K XP.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    ...why no one runs Amrath quests anymore? I've got my pally at lvl 19, and I'm almost literally crawling my way to 20. I've done the IQ thing, though it is difficult getting a group for the Mindsundererererer quests (no problem whatsoever for Dreaming Dark). But Amrath, I thought, would be no problem to group and fill - no dice.

I'm with the others: the XP per quest is far too low. 5-10K max on elite, with some as low as 3K. And to add insult to injury the drop rate on named gear is so low you could spend months farming and never get all you need. The bottom line is those quests are just not worth the effort. It may be a little better now that they relaxed the ransack penalty on XP but I doubt it.

Are you in a guild? If not, joining will help with leveling more than anything else - more people to group with, more opportunity to run raids (without PUGing), and overall more support. If you are interested let me know.
    Last edited by old-school; 09-04-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    Because even on a third life, you get to 20 way way before amrath, and then the xp is horrible when compared to epic xp.
    There's an Easy Fix for this that I've suggested before...

Change Amrath Flags to Lvl 20 on Normal!
    Change ToD to Lvl 21 on Normal
    Upgrade the XP to Match.

The Devs Upgraded Cabal for One to Lvl 14 {Same as PoP, Madstone and Crucible} without making sweeping changes
    Though we all know it's now the easiest Lvl 14 Quest by quite some distance - This did not stop them which I consider a good thing personally.

A TR1 can Hit 20 Without touching anything above Lvl 17 - A TR2+ may still need IQ/DD But most likely no longer needs Amrath!

Moving Amrath Flags {Heck you can leave Weapon's Shipment and Wrath of the Flame at 19} to 20 and ToD to 21 would be a huge help {So long as you give them the Epic Base XP to go with it that is!}.

EDIT: On the Other Hand - Dreaming Dark could easily be dropped to Lvl 19 {Keeping it's Current XP!} with No Ill effects.
    This would act as a replacement for One of the Three/Four? Amrath Flags.
    Last edited by FranOhmsford; 09-04-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Because it involves quests with mechanics that screams more then one person (bastion) and meh XP.

If they up'd the XP it would change. And if the release Epic Amrath (considering they just released all the enhancements they might be willing to change the mechanics of the rings) that'll change.

The xp you get for the time involved sucks, plain and simple.

In addition, ToD is a dead raid. The only reason I run Amrath is for yugo pots, and mostly I don't bother with it while leveling. Unless there is a guild group doing it.

You'd be much better off using level 20 challenges to get over that hump to 20, as long as you know them well enough to get value out of them. Plus you can keep running vale once per difficulty every day to get to 20.

Usually people wont take 19 so they can just keep running the quests out in Vale etc at 18 until you cap to 20. Then start epic runs.

The loot in Amrath is subpar and the XP is a joke.

Nothing to do with hard or any of that nonsense, the quests arent that difficult...there is just no incentive (exp/loot) to run them.

The quests are really hard in relation to the time taken and the XP gained.
    They are also very solo/shortman unfriendly and they feel to scale very harshly for larger groups
    The amrath loot is pretty much twink loot to weare from 18 until yo make 20th then swap for something much better.

You get more XP (total and per hour) running vale quests than amrath quests.

We run it every tr life, once on elite for yugo favor and yugo pots.

I elite streak them every life, solo them at 20 sometimes earlier.

There just isn't much point in REPEATEDLY running them. i just do them because these used to be my favorite quests.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    Elite first time bonus with streak which you can do up to 21 is still worth it.

I usually wind up running these a few times anyway because I love them, they were my favorite quests for years, and friends often ask for help in the flaggin.

besides, master's blitzing through Sins is just too much fun not to do on a TR

Why? Because those quests BLOW! God awfully long, half of em are cake to set off a flippn red alert, one of which has the annoying end boss in a hole, all for **** xp and even regular loot that was phased out with cannith stuff let alone with the vender loot now.

AND, if that wasn't enough to deter you, the only reason anyone did run the necessary ones was to flag for TOD, and with epic levels, I don't know about others but I waited for lv 21, 22 and ran em on casual for as little annoyance of being there as possible. But now with even the sets being borked (there was only a few worth while ones anyway which I also believed have been overshadowed by reg loot now.) theirs absolutely no need. Even on a 3rd lifer.

And that is why Amrath is dead.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    That said, Amrath is terrific and grows your cojones.
    it got nerfed in U14. The mobs absolutely used to hit harder. I believe they also got to-hit lowered as AC works great there even on elite.

Community Member

Don't ever take 19, stay 18 until achieving enough XP until 20. Always, no exceptions.

About 90% of the time I go to Amrath, everything is red, red, red and I can't see anything. I tried updating my video drivers for no effect, so I just avoid the place. I'll probably make my way back there for favor runs, etc, but for now I'm fine avoiding the place.

Vast & Mysterious since '06!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast