Community Member

Default 12bard/6arti/2rogue build help

All, I want to build a 32pt human or drow 12brd/6art/2rog. Problem is, I have never played a rogue before. I want to use repeaters, but then I also want to use a thf style... I picked up "The Mad Loot", which looks pretty damn good for a lute. In general though, I would love to be able to take either a pair of dwarven axes (prof granted by artificer), or anything else 2handed to some skulls.

I get masters touch, haste, blur, _disco ball!!!_, heroism (greater? do i get that at 12? looks like no...), rage, displacement from bard.
    From arti, I get protection from energy, insightful strikes/damage, stone skin, ablative armor.

So, what do I do with the skills/stats? I was thinking maybe focus on int/cha/dex for insightful whatever, the cha for will saves, the dex for reflex/trapping.

Any suggestions are welcome. My goal is to trap and irritate enemies with disco ball (groovy) and just generally do reasonable damage with thf. It seems that insightful only works with a one handed weapon though... Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrag View Post
    I want to use repeaters, but then I also want to use a thf style... My goal is to trap and irritate enemies with disco ball (groovy) and just generally do reasonable damage with thf.
    if you want to use your disco ball, you really need as high a DC and spell pen as possible.... (max cha, spell focus feats, spell pen, heighten) a daunting task for any bard, and on a heavily splashed bard (-1 DC from not having capstone, -2 DC from having only level 4 spells and not level 6 spells) that also uses repeaters (int/dex) and melee (strength), maxing out cha may be a bit of a stretch... you might want to reconsider your goals

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lauf View Post
    if you want to use your disco ball, you really need as high a DC and spell pen as possible.... (max cha, spell focus feats, spell pen, heighten) a daunting task for any bard, and on a heavily splashed bard (-1 DC from not having capstone, -2 DC from having only level 4 spells and not level 6 spells) that also uses repeaters (int/dex) and melee (strength), maxing out cha may be a bit of a stretch... you might want to reconsider your goals
    Melee can use int as well. You get insightful strikes/damage, both of which make you use int for damage or tohit instead of str. As for cha, if I start as a drow, w/ the +4 tome, I would have 24 cha at 15 before adding in any equipment, levelups, or enh modifiers. It would also net me +2 cha from racial enh.

Spellsinger nets me 2 more cha, and warchanter 2 on top of that. That is a total of 30 cha at 15 from enh + tome and starting stats. Is it possible to make it work with just int/dex/cha? I don't see spellpen anywhere but warchanter, and that is +3....

Quote Originally Posted by Scrag View Post
    optimism
    first up: Insightful Damage Enchants a crossbow or one handed melee weapon to permit the use of the equipper's Intelligence modifier for damage rolls, not for your mad lute (greatclub).

second: helf 6 ranger 6 arti 8 bard(with rogue dilu) or rogue(with whatever you want)

14 str
    14 con
    14 dex
    14 int
    10 wis
    10 cha

get ranged feats
    get slayer arrows
    use slayer shots on repeater
    get deepwood snipers 6th level sniper shot (less important if you took bard instead of rogue)
    use sniper shots with repeater (less important if you took bard instead of rogue)
    get endless fusilade

use endless fusilade
    use slayer shots
    use manyshot
    use slayer shots
    use endless fusilade again
    use slayer shots

get fury of the wild
    press the win button before you use slayers
    win ddo

swing a club if you feel like it (pro tip:dont)
    Elemo IronCast - Patorikku Yama - Happyfruit Wardancer - Toysoldier - Wookiee ~Ghallanda~