Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    I am not misrepresenting anything, you want to get the feats w/out doing what's required to get them. Nothing to misrepresent there.

Not all requested changes are good, either, and some are just plain not worth the time. Take this proposed idea as a prime example: Unless you're planning to lobby for twists after you grind out your fate points, you're still going to be grinding through sub optimal destinys to get to the twists you want. So I ask you, yet again, what's changed? How is it unfun to grind with sub optimal destinys to get fate points, but ok to do so to get twists? Wouldn't it be much better to kill two birds with one stone, and just grind out the fate points on the way to the twists? You see, I think it would be. It saves me hours upon hours of grinding for no other reason than to grind in some destinys since I wouldn't be twisting anything there. So, looking at what we have, and what's proposed, asking for the twists once you get the fate points makes sense, following the logic of this topic.
    No, I asked for the devs to consider creating other ways to get the feats. I said nothing about being able to get them without doing what's required to get them. If the devs created an alternative way it would be another way to get them, it would not be getting them by not doing the work to get them. Only a moron would consider requesting a different system to work towards the same goal as asking for something to be "free".

Again, if you want to argue about what is written in that thread then argue about it there. Bringing your disagreements into this thread is against the rules.

As far as what makes sense to you to do. That's great, do what you consider the best way for you. No one wants to take that option away from you. I don't care what you consider to be the next logical request people may or may not make. That is not what this request is about.

The crux of the matter is I don't like a system that won't allow me to gain xp towards fate points if I decide I want to play a maxed destiny in challenging content.

Wouldn't it be much better to kill two birds with one stone, and just grind out the fate points on the way to the twists? You see, I think it would be. It saves me hours upon hours of grinding for no other reason than to grind in some destinys since I wouldn't be twisting anything there.
    DING! DING! DING! exactly what I have been trying to say all along.

earn fate points while grinding in the destiny you want to twist something from. you would have to do this for any twist you want and eliminate needless time sink grind of leveling through opposite class destinies. a much better system and one that I would not mind and still could have fun while leveling through off destinies while also not limiting my character power to sub optimal. the off destinies wouldn't be too far off from my main destiny and I would want twists that have meaning for my build.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    DING! DING! DING! exactly what I have been trying to say all along.

earn fate points while grinding in the destiny you want to twist something from. you would have to do this for any twist you want and eliminate needless time sink grind of leveling through opposite class destinies. a much better system and one that I would not mind and still could have fun while leveling through off destinies while also not limiting my character power to sub optimal. the off destinies wouldn't be too far off from my main destiny and I would want twists that have meaning for my build.
    Except that, I meant grinding through the destinys between where you are to where you want to be. I won't have this issue. If I take one new destiny every time I TR, and cap it, I'll have the fate points I may need for any twists that I might want. I'm not going to be overly concerned about getting them all right now, since I have several more lives to get before I'm ready to grind out to cap and park. Here's the problem with that though: Grinding the same quests, or raids isn't what I'd consider an "epic" end game, and once I'm done with this set of characters, I'm pretty much done. I didn't even hit the 25 cap before I got bored at 24 and TRd. There won't, and can't be any epic challenge to the quests once I've run them 100 times, at any difficulty. It's all snooze fest for me, and is the reason I'm not in any hurry to get done. Because once I get done, I may well be done.

Community Member

You know, everyone rails against running content in sub optimal destinys, and then says "it doesn't matter if I'm leveling a sub optimal destiny to get twists, so long as I have my fate points". This is where the proposal falls flat, because, if implemented, it would then be "I have all my fate points, why not let me just pick my twists". Since we already have a thread saying "I shouldn't have to do the Epic TR to get the Epic TR feats", it's not a stretch to see that happening. It would, after all, make the game more fun, wouldn't it?
    Well, by that logic, they never should have made the game in the first place at it would likely just lead to players asking to do things differently. I'm sorry, but people asking for more changes is a silly reason not to make a good change.

Community Member

I am not misrepresenting anything, you want to get the feats w/out doing what's required to get them. Nothing to misrepresent there.
    Funny, I read the thread too and it seemed to me he simply wanted some sort of end-game advancment system that didn't require going backwards. Never did he request those specific feats but did make the comment that working for them at cap would be a better system than what we are getting.

Community Member

Not all requested changes are good, either, and some are just plain not worth the time. Take this proposed idea as a prime example: Unless you're planning to lobby for twists after you grind out your fate points, you're still going to be grinding through sub optimal destinys to get to the twists you want. So I ask you, yet again, what's changed? How is it unfun to grind with sub optimal destinys to get fate points, but ok to do so to get twists? Wouldn't it be much better to kill two birds with one stone, and just grind out the fate points on the way to the twists? You see, I think it would be. It saves me hours upon hours of grinding for no other reason than to grind in some destinys since I wouldn't be twisting anything there. So, looking at what we have, and what's proposed, asking for the twists once you get the fate points makes sense, following the logic of this topic.
    With this system you would be grinding out fate points while gaining those twists. You would also be grinding out fate points while gaining your primary destiny and while running in it while it's capped not gaining not gaining progress towards any specific destiny. Just as you gain character levels while doing those same things.

Three separate xp bars. One that allocates any xp earned while in a specific destiny to that destiny. Two others that allocate xp to fate points and character levels for all xp earned while in epic levels. One saves on TR, the other resets to allow the option to gain fate points over several lives for those who prefer things that way. It only adds options. Players have more options to play the game they find more enjoyable. Devs would even have the option of adding max fate points without coming up with new destinies by simply raising the cap on the xp. It would even likely increase sales of keys of fate as players would no longer have the incentive of gaining fate points from actually gaining levels in unwanted "bridge" destinies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    With this system you would be grinding out fate points while gaining those twists. You would also be grinding out fate points while gaining your primary destiny and while running in it while it's capped not gaining not gaining progress towards any specific destiny. Just as you gain character levels while doing those same things.

Three separate xp bars. One that allocates any xp earned while in a specific destiny to that destiny. Two others that allocate xp to fate points and character levels for all xp earned while in epic levels. One saves on TR, the other resets to allow the option to gain fate points over several lives for those who prefer things that way. It only adds options. Players have more options to play the game they find more enjoyable. Devs would even have the option of adding max fate points without coming up with new destinies by simply raising the cap on the xp. It would even likely increase sales of keys of fate as players would no longer have the incentive of gaining fate points from actually gaining levels in unwanted "bridge" destinies.
    This is the way the current system works. You grind your way through destinys, getting fate points, to achieve the destinys you want for twists. So, there's no need to change anything.

Community Member

This is the way the current system works. You grind your way through destinys, getting fate points, to achieve the destinys you want for twists. So, there's no need to change anything.
    No, because with the current system you only get them from grinding destinies. Meaning players can end up wasting time in destinies they have no interest in rather than playing with one they do while still opening up twists. We end up playing just as much, just with more options for having fun while doing so.

I for example could get all the destinies I need on my fighter by maxing out LD, using 2 keys and just gaining 3 levels and 2 ranks of FotW and 3 ranks of US. Basically less than 4 levels of an off destiny if I use p2w. The rest if the xp to earn the fate points to slot the twists could be played however I find fun.
    Last edited by Gremmlynn; 09-27-2013 at 10:14 PM.

I could access the twists I wanted but lacked the fate points to unlock the ability to use those twists. So no, what we're asking for is not the current system. What we're asking for is a supplement to the current system so that playing in maxed destinies doesn't equal zero xp gain towards fate points.

If it's too much work for the devs and they really think that their system is beneficial to the game then of course there's no need to change anything. If they can't do any better or they think this is a good system then they obviously won't change it.

However, as the system is I'm "parked" as you put it. I won't run anyone through it again accept out of boredom, if I don't feel like doing anything else, including playing other games or watching a movie or anything else I rate above playing a system that encourages playing suboptimal destinies in easy content. So my chance of playing other characters through an annoying system becomes quite low. Because it takes a high level of boredom to make me want to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by eonfreon View Post
    I could access the twists I wanted but lacked the fate points to unlock the ability to use those twists. So no, what we're asking for is not the current system. What we're asking for is a supplement to the current system so that playing in maxed destinies doesn't equal zero xp gain towards fate points.

If it's too much work for the devs and they really think that their system is beneficial to the game then of course there's no need to change anything. If they can't do any better or they think this is a good system then they obviously won't change it.

However, as the system is I'm "parked" as you put it. I won't run anyone through it again accept out of boredom, if I don't feel like doing anything else, including playing other games or watching a movie or anything else I rate above playing a system that encourages playing suboptimal destinies in easy content. So my chance of playing other characters through an annoying system becomes quite low. Because it takes a high level of boredom to make me want to do it again.
    I understand that people are asking for a different system. I just think that this system is ok. For reasons that I have gone into extensively, it's not going to cause me the problem you're having with it. Right now, however, I feel like they shouldn't be asking about how they can make this better. I think they should be fixing my racial tree, so that I don't have to spend around 7k plat a day to play it the way it's built in heroic levels. I have had absolutely no desire to play due to it, and frankly, if they "fix" something else before they fix this issue, I don't think I'll be hanging around anyway. This is fluff. Base characters being broken is a priority, and frankly, they shouldn't be worried about fluff until they get the core mechanics working appropriately.

I understand that people are asking for a different system. I just think that this system is ok. For reasons that I have gone into extensively, it's not going to cause me the problem you're having with it. Right now, however, I feel like they shouldn't be asking about how they can make this better. I think they should be fixing my racial tree, so that I don't have to spend around 7k plat a day to play it the way it's built in heroic levels. I have had absolutely no desire to play due to it, and frankly, if they "fix" something else before they fix this issue, I don't think I'll be hanging around anyway. This is fluff. Base characters being broken is a priority, and frankly, they shouldn't be worried about fluff until they get the core mechanics working appropriately.
    Although my base characters are not broken and I don't have to spend any time or plat resetting my racial trees, I can certainly understand your frustration.

This here may or may not be a priority and it may or may not be fluff depending on anyone's personal point-of-view, but all I wanted to get across is why I myself am not playing this game much and what I think they could do to improve it. You have the points you're frustrated about, I have the one's I'm frustrated about. I could just tell you to change your race or not to use broken abilities, but that wouldn't alleviate your problem. I could tell you how I don't have your problems. But that wouldn't alleviate your problems.

We have our own priorities. Obviously mine aren't yours. And yours aren't mine. But doesn't mean I don't understand where you're coming from. But this isn't a thread about what needs "fixing" first. This is a thread that voices certain player's displeasure with a specific aspect of the game; that there are players such as me who are tired of playing a game where we have to go backwards to go forwards. Where if we play on optimal destinies to max we no longer earn points to progress our characters within the epic destiny system of fate points.

You have legitimate concerns about the broken core mechanics, so find a thread or start a thread that voices your own concerns about it. Or leave it be and just hope Turbine shares your priorities.

We're not trying to take resources away from you. But what is annoying you, isn't necessarily what's annoying me. I don't have to reset my racial tree every time I log on. My character's abilities work pretty much how they are described. And yet, I wouldn't tell Turbine not to bother fixing other people's problems simply because I'm fine with the way my own enhancements work.

I don't mind fixing broken stuff, no one is arguing about priorities. Feel free to leave if they add 'fluff' because they're about to redo TRing and adding ETR - more stuff that will certainly break other things. If that's the reason to leave you will have plenty of reasons between today and the next couple of updates. I've already lamented their inability to fix longstanding issues while adding new system without apparent use for most of us. Like splitting raid counters between heroic and epic and breaking peoples advancement. Or releasing a patch that breaks Cannith challenge items and so all of the xpack end rewards when you do it on epic you get heroic end rewards instead.

If this is what breaks the camels back for you then I don't understand what these really game breaking features won't do it.

Ultimately this is about making destiny leveling as broadly appealing to eveyone. Because this game is bleeding customers. For many reasons. And creating systems like these are definitely part of it.

EDs are a major part of the game. I hardly would call it fluff. if the devs are willing to improve on it to make a happier player base, I think the investment is well worth it. as far as other things that need fixing like trees, they do need to do that. I would consider that equally important.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243