Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
  1. #21
    Community Member Noctus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.
    Posts
    4,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    I don't mind .sigs. I do mind image .sigs. Most of the time they create a worse experience for me than having animated banner ads everywhere.
    I feel exactly the same.

    I have been active in many different forums, and those that allowed image sigs have had a ungood athmosphere there. Especially the animated Avatars and sigs were atrocious. Distracting, annoying, and often in a bad style.

    There is a reason why i only browse the web with AdBlock active. Not because of ads per se, but because of all the waving and blinking and flashing and the "Me Me MEE HERE!!!! Look HERE!!! *flash* *blink*"-screams of the animated ads. How anybody can concentratedly read a post with everythig moving around it i cant fathom. Too distracting, when i am on other people's PCs to check something quickly. Baaah.
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

    AOK - From Argonnessen

  2. #22
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canada,Ontario, GTA
    Posts
    6,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noctus View Post
    I feel exactly the same.

    I have been active in many different forums, and those that allowed image sigs have had a ungood athmosphere there. Especially the animated Avatars and sigs were atrocious. Distracting, annoying, and often in a bad style.

    There is a reason why i only browse the web with AdBlock active. Not because of ads per se, but because of all the waving and blinking and flashing and the "Me Me MEE HERE!!!! Look HERE!!! *flash* *blink*"-screams of the animated ads. How anybody can concentratedly read a post with everythig moving around it i cant fathom. Too distracting, when i am on other people's PCs to check something quickly. Baaah.
    Cordovan has clearly stated animated avvys/sigs would not be allowed and there would be size limited, also any forum worth its salt will give you the option to turn off sig images, if you dont feel like wasting your time doing so than thats your own problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

  3. #23
    Community Member Stoner81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    Naturally people would make things that are of a stupid size or whatever but that can be enforced in the rules for the forum and actively monitored. Below is the signature I made to use here:



    This is a little larger than the ones I normally make but could make it smaller, it's not the greatest but it works for me

    Stoner81.

  4. #24
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canada,Ontario, GTA
    Posts
    6,819

    Default

    Good Idea Stoner...my Guild banner is unfortunately still a WIP since we currently can't have Forum Sigs but here's the sig I use on another forum...pretty much all my sigs are about this size.



    Edit: Here's a quick mock-up of one of my plans for a guild banner (2 person guild - Static Duo)



    Also an example of an Avatar it was originally from tera rising but luckily by design the logo at the bottom can easily be swapped out for each game/forum

    Last edited by Failedlegend; 09-11-2013 at 01:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

  5. #25
    Community Member Stoner81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    Great stuff FailedLegend

    This is the point I am trying to make with this there are (probably) tons of people on here who are good with graphics stuff and it adds more personality to a persons posts/threads, the same can be said for avatars too. Please please enable us to use the inherent features of the forum software you chose to use.

    Stoner81.

    PS - Pretty please!

  6. #26
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canada,Ontario, GTA
    Posts
    6,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Great stuff FailedLegend
    Thanks stoner although the purple and green background in half of the sibling rivalry signature has got to go...working on a different background now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    This is the point I am trying to make with this there are (probably) tons of people on here who are good with graphics stuff and it adds more personality to a persons posts/threads, the same can be said for avatars too. Please please enable us to use the inherent features of the forum software you chose to use.
    QFT
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

  7. #27
    Community Member LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Sapience over on the LOTRO side recently enabled forum signature images after the web site update that took place over there in early August. He clearly outlined the rules for images (that they not be gigantic, follow the community guidelines, and not be animated .gifs.) The results have been...well, I won't speak for him. Let's just say that I've noticed an awful lot of people who apparently haven't read the rules very well.

    I'm not entirely opposed to forum signatures, but I think in general we've received enough feedback that people don't like the way the forums look with them that we haven't considered enabling it over on DDO's side. If we get enough player requests for it, perhaps this is something we could consider further.
    We had them... sort off, you know the signature image that gave an impression of who the players main character is.
    Last edited by LightBear; 09-12-2013 at 04:03 PM. Reason: to test the signature

    One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

  8. #28
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Sapience over on the LOTRO side recently enabled forum signature images after the web site update that took place over there in early August. He clearly outlined the rules for images (that they not be gigantic, follow the community guidelines, and not be animated .gifs.) The results have been...well, I won't speak for him. Let's just say that I've noticed an awful lot of people who apparently haven't read the rules very well.

    I'm not entirely opposed to forum signatures, but I think in general we've received enough feedback that people don't like the way the forums look with them that we haven't considered enabling it over on DDO's side. If we get enough player requests for it, perhaps this is something we could consider further.
    I think custom avatars would make a better test run. But than, I'd rather avatars than sigs.

  9. #29
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canada,Ontario, GTA
    Posts
    6,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    We had them... sort off, you know the signature image that gave an impression of who the players main character is.
    I wouldn't mind if they brought this back but only as a second option after adding custom sigs.

    Note: The old character sigs used MyDDO to function...the new one I'd say easiest option ios jst copy the form in the bug report thing lol...Name character levels, race, guild name, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

  10. #30
    Community Member Stoner81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Thanks stoner although the purple and green background in half of the sibling rivalry signature has got to go...working on a different background now.



    QFT
    What does QFT mean I have seen it a few times and can't figure it out, heck I still can't work out what TLR is or however it's put. Tried to add a poll to this thread but we can't even do that for heavens sake, vBulletin has so much more to offer than what we have. If you want us to be creative at least lets us use our hands!

    Stoner81.

    PS - Pretty pretty please!

  11. #31
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    What does QFT mean I have seen it a few times and can't figure it out, heck I still can't work out what TLR is or however it's put. Tried to add a poll to this thread but we can't even do that for heavens sake, vBulletin has so much more to offer than what we have. If you want us to be creative at least lets us use our hands!

    Stoner81.

    PS - Pretty pretty please!
    quoted for truth
    too long ; didn't read

  12. #32
    Hero PookaWitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lost in my imagination.... or sometimes just living in Canada..
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Sorry for reviving a few month old thread, but I didn't notice this before. ^^;

    I would like to add my voice into really, REALLY wanting forum signatures. Before I knew that we couldn't have them I had spent time working on a special signature of my main character (PnP and DDO) Phae'Shalee (Phaeshalee)


    I would love to be finally able to put this into my signature. <3

    Custom Avatars? Same reaction.... oh gods yes!!
    (Formally known as Luadrilae)

    Phaeshalee likes you. Yes... you.
    My deviantART gallery

  13. #33
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    420

    Default

    if you want to show an image, go to tumblr or picasa or whatever

  14. #34
    Community Member schelsullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    If your too lazy to press the "no sig images" you have no right to complain about it
    I retain my right to be lazy and whiney!

    (couldnt care less either way)
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

  15. #35
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pwin Teaks
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luadrilae View Post



    I would love to be finally able to put this into my signature. <3
    I was about to say "oh God NO!" until i saw this! Since very few people can uphold this standard, it's a "hell no - will only clutter the forums" for my part.

    J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h


  16. #36
    Community Member schelsullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luadrilae View Post
    Sorry for reviving a few month old thread, but I didn't notice this before. ^^;

    I would like to add my voice into really, REALLY wanting forum signatures. Before I knew that we couldn't have them I had spent time working on a special signature of my main character (PnP and DDO) Phae'Shalee (Phaeshalee)


    I would love to be finally able to put this into my signature. <3

    Custom Avatars? Same reaction.... oh gods yes!!
    Wow that is awesome work, I think im in RPG love <3
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

  17. #37
    Hero PookaWitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lost in my imagination.... or sometimes just living in Canada..
    Posts
    240

    Default

    I saw somebody who had an image in their signature and I still can't figure out how they did it. :-/


    Quote Originally Posted by schelsullivan View Post
    Wow that is awesome work, I think im in RPG love <3
    Phae is flattered, and she would like to remind people that she loves everybody. (XD Super gushy Eilistraeean dark elf. lol )
    (Formally known as Luadrilae)

    Phaeshalee likes you. Yes... you.
    My deviantART gallery

  18. #38
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canada,Ontario, GTA
    Posts
    6,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luadrilae View Post
    Sorry for reviving a few month old thread, but I didn't notice this before. ^^;

    I would like to add my voice into really, REALLY wanting forum signatures. Before I knew that we couldn't have them I had spent time working on a special signature of my main character (PnP and DDO) Phae'Shalee (Phaeshalee)


    I would love to be finally able to put this into my signature. <3

    Custom Avatars? Same reaction.... oh gods yes!!
    That's pretty awesome my friend...sadly looks way better on the forums (where you cannot use it) than with the white background (mind you im using the custom forum)

    As for the people saying no because of animated sigs, super large sigs,etc. its easy to add in parameters like no gifs, no than x by x,etc. and to add an option to turn off sigs entirely in your personal account options.

    Beyond that the standard no copyrighted material, no porn, no hateful or derogatory images, gaudy levels must be at a minimum,etc. and if a Signature is bad enough this forum has a reputation for handling itself a mod of some sort will know about it and it will be dealt with

    Speaking of gaudy..I fixed up my "Sibling Rivalry" Banner with a much better background for the top (I dunno about you guys but i hated the old one) I'm not sure If I should give this a border or not.



    Anyways please don't punish us because the LOTRO guys screwed up...lock in as many restrictions as you feel are needed and let us have a go at it...and let us know who we should contact to help weed out any troublemakers.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 11-22-2013 at 10:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload