Default Just a talk about the community :)

So I have been gone for a year + and in trying other games I have never met a community l enjoyed more. And enhances my gaming experience, Just for example I sent a chat to all trade wtb a small Gnawed bone (cheap but just didnt have one atm) I got 3 tells in a matter of minutes. Saying hey I have got one but you can have and you just dont see that in any games in more just thought it was a applaudable thing in this game
    Bellringer 7 fighter/5ranger 2 monk 2nd life
    Totooth SD 7 fighter 3rd life
    Auroseal 2nd life rogue dwarf

Community Member

very true. From what I experienced in recent months, from GW2´s whinefest of a community to the anime sexually aroused cellar dwellers of Tera, DDO´s community greatly outshines those of many other MMORPG.

Community Member

even our forums are refreshingly free of "learn2play n00b"

here most newbies asking for advice get advice. in other games some eejit will revel in the chance to say "learn2play".

in the past i've sent tells to random players in the who list that are on a high level character of the class i'm learning. most of the time i got a friendly response with some answers to my questions. sure i aimed at players in town not quest to boost my chances, but even then there was a good chance i'd hit someone afk. yet every single time i did get a response it was friendly.

thats how you know the community is a good one
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

My perspective is that DDO's community has mellowed massively, both in the game and out.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

I got a tell from a stranger last night asking about ranger stuff, It felt good to be able to help and the newbie was very thankful. Yay Us!
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

The average age of a DDO player seems to be somewhere between 20-40. While the average age of players in most other MMOs is 12-20. This probably has something to do with it.

Yeah, I got a tell from someone asking how to make a good artie. Gave him some detailed instructions, and he logged off so fast to go make one that he didn't offer thanks. I'll just assume he was excited to play the best class

The in game community is pretty decent.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Community Member

i also remember when i first started some vet approached me in the harbour after i'd unlocked the gates via the low road and started quizzing me about what weapons i was using. no idea what i had but he said he might have something and went off to rummage. now i'm a bit older and wiser i know full well he ran off to the market and took a browse through the weapon broker after finding nothing in his bank, at the time i didn't twig on that little detail. anyway, he came back with a +2 two-hander that was appropriate for my level and when i asked what i could give in return he just told me to pass on the favour one day when i was a vet.

sometimes when i'm cleaning my backpack or bank out of stuff that is kinda good but not first class loot, you know the ones, that little suffix or prefix that kinda ruins the rest of it, but you just had to hang onto the item because it felt wrong to vendor, anyway, sometimes when i'm going through that stuff i'll head over to the harbour or market and ask a few questions to catch a newbie who could benefit from the stuff. when i get a flustered newbie that says they can't afford to pay me for the stuff i'm trying to give them i tell them it's free, and ask them to repay the favour when they are a vet.

sometimes i wonder how many people have been given free stuff due to that one person who gave me a +2 whomping stick when i was new...
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

It's the community in-game and here on the forums that's kept me around for lo these many years.
    Even inspired me to try to show my appreciation and celebration for the folks who play this game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    It's the community in-game and here on the forums that's kept me around for lo these many years.
    Even inspired me to try to show my appreciation and celebration for the folks who play this game.
    booooooo, rubbish! get off the stage!

a memnir post with no pic or gif, we demand more than that from you

p.s. player run events rock. keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Draxis View Post
    The average age of a DDO player seems to be somewhere between 20-40. While the average age of players in most other MMOs is 12-20. This probably has something to do with it.
    I think this also is why I like it more maturity in the game.
    Bellringer 7 fighter/5ranger 2 monk 2nd life
    Totooth SD 7 fighter 3rd life
    Auroseal 2nd life rogue dwarf