Here’s a revised proposal which could help people who desire such:
For those who haven’t read the whole thread, I have suggested making all new dungeons capable of handling & challenging up to 12 players. This is to give people who desire to play with large parties more options in the game. Again, I am not suggesting re-outfitting older dungeons, just a way to help move the game into the future & create content which could satisfy a variety of playstyles.
There are some raid traits to dungeons that were pointed out. It’s my belief these challenges can be overcome. A short but perhaps not comprehensive list is as follows:
1. Re-entry is forbidden (as was in old epics, btw).
2. No ethereal shrines allowed.
3. No Hirelings allowed.
I do believe running under these conditions (&other raid traits I may have not listed) does indeed warrant extra reward. In order to adjust for this, there could be a way to alter the dungeon upon entry. Some possibilities:
1. If the party has 7-12 members, these traits automatically kick in.
2. There’s a toggle when opening the dungeon whereby players can choose “quest mode” or “raid mode”.
3. When selecting the party, when people choose “raid party”, any dungeon capable of incorporating raid traits will be in “raid mode” upon entry.
Since there is additional challenge involve running in raid mode (e.g. wipe = failure rather than going to the bar & washing hands), then all loot could have a +1 or +2 added to the level. Thus, quality of loot would be determined by dungeon level, difficulty & “raid mode” vs. “quest mode”.
Now, under my proposal there could potentially be a thriving end game with a single update. Rather than receiving 4 “quests” and 1 “raid”, end gamer & raider could have 5 raid capable dungeons. I think this could be applied to both slayer areas and challenges. A challenge such as the drow fire arena could quite possibly be a lot of fun in a raid party.