Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Community Member zDragonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!
    Posts
    691

    Default I want to be able to de-bind or un-bind my gear.

    Some of my nice/ very nice gear that is bound to character is useless to me now. I would like to able to un-bind it or de-bind it please so I can sell it.

    If there is another thread that thought of this first then please let me know as I would not know what to search for since this idea is so radical.

    My idea is 10,000 khyber dragonshard fragments to de-bind/ un-bind and 100,000 g.p. and/ or 10,000 xp.

    It must be expensive so it is not abused.
    Last edited by zDragonz; 09-03-2013 at 10:19 PM.

  2. #2
    Community Member dkyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,477

    Default

    That's not even close to expensive for that.

    I'd be OK with old, obsolete raid loot losing BtC status, and a means to retrofit already gotten items, but even more I'd like to see a way to upgrade them to continue to be relevant.

    Current end-game stuff shouldn't be unbindable, period.

  3. #3
    Founder & Hero Vordax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    My idea is 10,000 khyber dragonshard fragments to de-bind/ un-bind and 100,000 g.p. and/ or 10,000 xp.

    It must be expensive so it is not abused.
    None of these options are what I would consider expensive. Maybe 10k shards plus 1 million plat + 500k XP? Still pretty cheap overall.

    Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

  4. #4
    Community Member Daine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    674

    Default

    Greensteel can be unbound to sell the components via a yellow dopant. I think that system came in quite nicely and didn't ruffle too many feathers along the way, or now that I think about break the game!

  5. #5
    Founder & Hero Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    22,934

    Default

    No for raid gear and your way way way to cheap

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Founder & Hero Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    22,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I think he's talking about unbound gear that he bound with the stone of change.
    That I could go with but he is still to cheap maybe 50-100 k shards

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  8. #8

    Default

    Make it 50 averages to add suffering from repetitive, mindless shard crunching. hehheh. (50 averages = 62,500 shards crunched a bazillion times. Ask a soul-trapping wizard.)

  9. #9
    Community Member zDragonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I think he's talking about unbound gear that he bound with the stone of change.
    Right, thank you. I forgot to mention this. I was not talking about greensteal and btcoe.

  10. #10
    Community Member zDragonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!
    Posts
    691

    Default Wait a second here.

    10,000 khyber dragonshards are currently flooded in the game and are cheap atm. If my idea were introduced the price of these things would go up over night and have you ever tried to collect 10,000 of these on your own without buying them on the AH? Takes a while right.

    I think what I proposed is expensive enough because the K shards value would sky rocket with my idea and buying 10,000 on the AH would most likely cost upwards to close to plat cap.

    So spending close to plat cap to unbind them makes no sense to sell them. So I just shot my own idea out of the water! LOL. Well at least I admited it.
    Last edited by zDragonz; 09-04-2013 at 08:07 AM.

  11. #11
    Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Hafeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    at a keyboard
    Posts
    5,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    S I would like to able to un-bind it or de-bind it please so I can sell it.

    If there is another thread that thought of this first then please let me know as I would not know what to search for since this idea is so radical.

    My idea is 10,000 khyber dragonshard fragments to de-bind/ un-bind and 100,000 g.p. and/ or 10,000 xp.

    It must be expensive so it is not abused.
    Ah, yes. Good idea, cute solution - but - it won't work. No, no.

    That is not meant as a statement to keep you forlorn. Coming Soon™ to the DDO Store will be Bigsby's Unbinding Solvent, good on all items but those most precious raid gear. Of course, for game balance, it needs be expensive and payable in Astral Shards or TPs. I am sure you'll understand. Price points have not been finalized yet, but be sure to have your wallet ready!
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

  12. #12
    Community Member zDragonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!
    Posts
    691

    Thumbs up This is better :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    That is not meant as a statement to keep you forlorn. Coming Soon™ to the DDO Store will be Bigsby's Unbinding Solvent, good on all items but those most precious raid gear. Of course, for game balance, it needs be expensive and payable in Astral Shards or TPs. I am sure you'll understand. Price points have not been finalized yet, but be sure to have your wallet ready!
    Now this seems to be more plausible. Well said!

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    10,000 khyber dragonshards are currently flooded in the game and are cheap atm. If my idea were introduced the price of these things would go up over night and have you ever tried to collect 10,000 of these on your own without buying them on the AH? Takes a while right.

    I think what I proposed is expensive enough because the K shards value would sky rocket with my idea and buying 10,000 on the AH would most likely cost upwards to close to plat cap.

    So spending close to plat cap to unbind them makes no sense to sell them. So I just shot my own idea out of the water! LOL. Well at least I admited it.
    Well, if it used tiny, small or average you can buy them from a vendor in the 12 pretty cheap. They sell tinies, which can be crunched into smalls and averages.

  14. #14
    Uber Completionist Lithic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    7,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Some of my nice/ very nice gear that is bound to character is useless to me now. I would like to able to un-bind it or de-bind it please so I can sell it.

    If there is another thread that thought of this first then please let me know as I would not know what to search for since this idea is so radical.

    My idea is 10,000 khyber dragonshard fragments to de-bind/ un-bind and 100,000 g.p. and/ or 10,000 xp.

    It must be expensive so it is not abused.
    If gear can be unbound, then there really is no reason for binding it in the first place, regardless of the cost. The whole point of the programmers putting in a binding mechanic is to prevent other characters inheriting old loot (especially raid loot) when the first line character is done with it.

    If this mechanic were to come in, I would say a fair cost would be 100 runs of epic Threnal East 3, where Coyle has 100hp, is a deathwarded pale master in Vampire form, and all the enemies are CR 40 gaeles.
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    If gear can be unbound, then there really is no reason for binding it in the first place, regardless of the cost. The whole point of the programmers putting in a binding mechanic is to prevent other characters inheriting old loot (especially raid loot) when the first line character is done with it.
    He's talking about the stone of change binding on unbound gear, not raid loot. The purpose of that (if you could also unbind it) would be to prevent item damage.

  16. #16
    Uber Completionist Lithic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    7,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    He's talking about the stone of change binding on unbound gear, not raid loot. The purpose of that (if you could also unbind it) would be to prevent item damage.
    And in that case, being able to unbind an item makes permanent weapon damage irrelevant. Though honestly with how slowly that damage accumulates, its almost irrelevant as the game sits now. For example, I have a beholder optic nerve (very fragile for a lvl 7 item) and it's lasted me through 42 TRs and is still at almost half. I wear it constantly from lvl 7 to 11.
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

  17. #17
    Halfling Hero phalaeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.
    Posts
    5,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    I would say a fair cost would be 100 runs of epic Threnal East 3, where Coyle has 100hp, is a deathwarded pale master in Vampire form, and all the enemies are CR 40 gaeles.
    *shudders*

    Don't give the devs ideas, Star!
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload