Default The Way of the Pointy Stick

Okay I have read soooooooo many different threads about the ultimate staff wielder build, that I had to create my own. Some background first. I am an admitted altaholic. I have twenty characters on sarlona. The oldest is an AA almost done with it's third life. I have only ever reached twenty on 4 of my characters, though two of those have TRed several times. My youngest epic character is a horc acrobat that has LRed about 7 times moving into various builds, and is currently a pure rogue legendary dreadnaught. That character's sole purpose is to hit thing's with a stick as hard as he can, till it stops moving.

This build is does not have the same purpose.

Elf
    12 monk
    6 rogue
    2 fighter

str 14
    dex 16-level ups here
    con 14
    int
    wis 16
    cha

assuming use of tomes to meet prereqs

feats:
    7 normal
    point blank shot
    precise shot
    ten thousand stars
    rapid shot
    many shot
    improved critical ranged
    improved precise shot

2 fighter
    cleave
    great cleave

3 monk
    power attack
    precision
    zen archery

Add pinion and syreth, the best pointy stick and the best pointy stick launcher. Use dex to hit and damage for quarterstaffs. Use dex for damage with longbows and dex or wisdom for to hit with bows. Use dex for reflex saves, and use both dex and wisdom for AC. Use wisdom for 10k stars.

Let me know what you think and how it might be optimized.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 09-07-2013 at 09:44 AM.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

So ... value of monk 12 vs 6 more rogue - have you looked into that?

Which T5 do you think you'd be aiming for?

I keep going back and forth between this and one with more Ranger pushing towards Heavy Draw.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

T5 can only be taken in a class that you have 12 levels in, so in this case, monk. (unless I am wrong about that, but I am pretty sure I am not).
    Six more rogue would get me more sneak attack damage, and one special ability (I would pick opportunist). I would however lose many monk abilities, including master of forms. In addition I would no longer have any class at level 12 so would lose access to any T5 enhancements.

Ranger is probably a decent idea, however I am tired of ranger splashed monkchers, and made this specifically excluding rangers, just to be different (that is not to say ranger is bad, just not what I want to do at the moment). However looking at the enhancements I realized I need at least 6 rogue to get the dex to hit and damage on quarterstaffs, so the split I am going with now would be 12monk/6rogue/2fighter. My feats will have to change slightly to accommodate this, and I think I would drop improved critical bludgeoning. OP edited to reflect this.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 09-07-2013 at 12:21 PM.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    T5 can only be taken in a class that you have 12 levels in, so in this case, monk. (unless I am wrong about that, but I am pretty sure I am not).
    Six more rogue would get me more sneak attack damage, and one special ability (I would pick opportunist). I would however lose many monk abilities, including master of forms. In addition I would no longer have any class at level 12 so would lose access to any T5 enhancements.
    Tier V enhancements require level 12, class level 5. (Exception for fighter)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Tier V enhancements require level 12, class level 5. (Exception for fighter)
    Ah okay I see! Good to know. I am pretty sure I would still go to t5 in the henshin mystic tree though.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 09-07-2013 at 12:33 PM.
    Matt Walsh: