Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Community Member

Default No Housing Please

No to Housing, yes to new classes, content, raids, even the occasional bug fix
    Original join date December 2009 - Sarlona

I find it strange that people put their opinion about what they prefer here instead of putting it in the thread where developers have asked for our opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Id agree to housing if i could burgle them. Wouldnt buy one, but id rob anyone who did.
    That would be fun, steal all the fluff from the carebear players and sell it back to them. I can support this, it is sufficiently evil for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silken-Akira View Post
    I find it strange that people put their opinion about what they prefer here instead of putting it in the thread where developers have asked for our opinion.
    You mean the thread that doesn't exist? Yeah there is no let's talk housing thread, just a random comment the producer probably regrets at this point.

I've come to the conclusion that your real purpose is to turn those of us in favor of housing against it. It can be the only explanation.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that your real purpose is to turn those of us in favor of housing against it. It can be the only explanation.
    Heh, I made that comment to the op in one of these threads and got told I was crazy and that I was a little kid that needed to grow up and have a family to understand.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    Psion. Unquestionably.
    and very Eberron so yes please

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    and very Eberron so yes please
    Sorry, I read that as "and very DarkSun so please no more stuff Baker stole from other settings"
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

I read the post the OP links and for some reason I didn't get the same impression of "Choose Housing or Choose Raids"

What I got was more a "Help us decide priority, such as what is more important to you housing or raids". Teh_Troll's comments are actually spot on in my opinion, they will do what will bring in the most revenue in a short amount of time.

It just might be that one funds the development of the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    From the interviews at PAX and other comments since, I get the distinct impression that the issue is more to do with concerns about physical server space than any specific coding challenges. I don't think anybody is asking for it to be free of charge so for me it's a complete no-brainer that this would be an automatic, universally popular TP purchase for most of us.
    That can't be true, or they would delete our 100 TP favor run mules every 6 months to clear up space.. LOL.

But I may have misunderstood the limitations on the storage issue, but when you consider they can give you a bank slot (TR Bank) that can hold everything you ever owned in a previous life (All inventory slots filled) and you can leave it all in there and fill your entire inventory again, and do tis with every toon you have, It can't be true that can't sell me 100 slots on my main toon due to space constraints on the server, also that would imply that my mules take up less memory space then a bank tab, and That can't be true either...

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Now here is the first idea on 'player housing' that actually makes sense.

A very simple, small room that you pay rent on that you can add a storage chest too.

Your idea is simple, elegant, and serves a purpose. One that I can get behind.
    Thanks.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    That can't be true, or they would delete our 100 TP favor run mules every 6 months to clear up space.. LOL.

But I may have misunderstood the limitations on the storage issue, but when you consider they can give you a bank slot (TR Bank) that can hold everything you ever owned in a previous life (All inventory slots filled) and you can leave it all in there and fill your entire inventory again, and do tis with every toon you have, It can't be true that can't sell me 100 slots on my main toon due to space constraints on the server, also that would imply that my mules take up less memory space then a bank tab, and That can't be true either...

Thanks.
    Can only report what they've said. Look up DDOCast 275 where there were interviews at PAX East.

One of the problems they're saying is that no character is ever really deleted. Even when you think it's deleted, it isn't. It's still there. So in theory you could fill a bank toon with trash and delete it, rinse and repeat a thousand times.

Sounds ridiculous to me that physical server space is the limiting factor, but that's what they said. They were in their cups at the time, so maybe there are additional factors to technical to talk about with a drink in you.

Like I said, give me 6 tabs of 6x6 bank space and I'll buy it.

Waste time and resource on useless garbage and I won't.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    Sorry, I read that as "and very DarkSun so please no more stuff Baker stole from other settings"
    While I like Darksun almost as much as I loathe FR I dont want to ever see a darksun expansion for ddo its just to different and needs its own mmo or private server with special rules

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    While I like Darksun almost as much as I loathe FR I dont want to ever see a darksun expansion for ddo its just to different and needs its own mmo or private server with special rules
    I share the feeling. and although I never pnp'd Eberron. what I read up about it there is a very strong representation of psionically oriented classes in this world.( but also have to admit they would make more sense if they were to be introduced when they expand Eberron to certain regions)

id prefer warlocks over psionics, but thats just me.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

id prefer warlocks over psionics, but thats just me.
    Warlocks would be awesome.

Doh agreeing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Warlocks would be awesome.

Doh agreeing again.
    We got to stop this. Its wreaking havoc with our reputations
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

We got to stop this. Its wreaking havoc with our reputations
    Can you smell that? *sniff* *sniff* smells like bromance is in the air.

Psionics would be nice for next class tons of multi options with them

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Can you smell that? *sniff* *sniff* smells like bromance is in the air.
    gack

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Can only report what they've said. Look up DDOCast 275 where there were interviews at PAX East.
    I did.. it seems to have gone missing.. hummm.. wonder why...

DDO needs more content. Housing is not content. The meager 10 new quests in the expansion are not enough. Bring on more raids! Players do not need to be level 28 to complete Fall of Truth or Caught in the Web.
    Kobeyashi | Hamada | Ying

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast